1235»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mine still hasn't shipped
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mine still hasn't shipped
    Me either. Radio silence from the band on this one I gather. 
    mine still hasn't shipped
    I stopped asking Jeff Burrows anything about stuff like this. He just tends to ignore or give some type of attitude. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mine still hasn't shipped
    I stopped asking Jeff Burrows anything about stuff like this. He just tends to ignore or give some type of attitude. 
    When you have that kind of hair, there is nothing but attitude coming 😂
    Great musician though! 
    cancelled my order from amazon. my local guy got it so i bought it from him. picking it up tomorrow. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Nice to see new tour dates! Gonna try and hit up Vancouver
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    so Jeff Martin has a new solo album coming out, called The Seven Sins. Those who pre-ordered through Pozible (very similar to pledgemusic-different tier options to get stuff/experiences) get emails with special passwords to access the music in demo or instrumental form before release. It's pretty cool so far. Especially with Chrome Audio Capture. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    Haven't listened to the demos yet but glad they sound promising 
    I am wired and fading...
    So last night I attended the VIP acoustic set where Tea Party and I Mother Earth performed together for just over 30 minutes. They played “Eddie Vedder’s version of Hard Sun”.

I was stunned.  I nearly actually cried. 😂 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Then they followed it up with The Hip’s Bobcaygeon. It was incredible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    That sounds amazing. 
    full acoustic vip set details, with Jeff Martin and Edwin trading off vocals on all songs:

Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
    Hard Sun (Indio-Eddie Vedder version)
    Bobcaygeon (The Tragically Hip)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Take A Walk On The Wild Side (snippet) (U2/Lou Reed)
    Sympathy For The Devil (The Rolling Stones)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• full acoustic vip set details, with Jeff Martin and Edwin trading off vocals on all songs:

Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
    Hard Sun (Indio-Eddie Vedder version)
    Bobcaygeon (The Tragically Hip)
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Take A Walk On The Wild Side (snippet) (U2/Lou Reed)
    Sympathy For The Devil (The Rolling Stones)
    Going next week in Penticton and have the VIP tickets. Agree with 30-05, sounds amazing 
    shit, sorry for the spoiler!!! I didn't think anyone else here would be doing the VIP!!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2023
    shit, sorry for the spoiler!!! I didn't think anyone else here would be doing the VIP!!!
    Ahhh it’s ok! Just has me more pumped. I’m sure it’s on setlist.fm anyways 👍😎
    Ahhh it’s ok! Just has me more pumped. I’m sure it’s on setlist.fm anyways 👍😎
    it is, cuz I added it. lol
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    so bummed all the Canadian bands keep skipping Victoria :(  No Headstones, Tea Party, I Mother Earth shows here since before covid. and we used to get regular stops :(
  • Went to the TP/IME gig last night. My thoughts:
    - Venue sounded great with such a low roof. Great job on the board! 
    - Acoustic show was awesome. Got chills from Hard Sun and Sympathy for the Devil. Banter between Edwin and Jeff seemed genuine. 
    - IME kicked ass. Jagori Tanna is a monster on the guitar. Band was tight, played some of my favs off Dig. Have to say they suprised me. Happy to have seen them.
    - TP played the same show with the same between song drivel (other Canadian bands, ones in the “Darkness” blah blah blah). 
    - their version on The Bazaar is the same shitty one played three years ago? That live version makes a true banger a meandering bore
    - the same boring version of my favourite TP song Save Me was played. Ugh

My seventh TP show will be my last. I don’t need to see a band mailing it in this way any longer. 

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    That's too bad.. I felt the same way after I saw Edwin and Tea Party play a theatre show here in the late 90s.  They would show up everywhere, so we ended up seeing them a lot.  Then after an opening slot of Def Leppard, we really took a break for 20 years.

Then we saw a few pre covid shows. One at a small theatre (where we had front row) and one at a local bar.  Both shows were amazing.  They pulled me bac in.

Also saw I Mother Earth at the same bar before covid, and was the first time in 25 years I think, and they were really good.

This is just making me sad that these Canadian bands don't bother to play in Victoria anymore :(
    Went to the TP/IME gig last night. My thoughts:
    - Venue sounded great with such a low roof. Great job on the board! 
    - Acoustic show was awesome. Got chills from Hard Sun and Sympathy for the Devil. Banter between Edwin and Jeff seemed genuine. 
    - IME kicked ass. Jagori Tanna is a monster on the guitar. Band was tight, played some of my favs off Dig. Have to say they suprised me. Happy to have seen them.
    - TP played the same show with the same between song drivel (other Canadian bands, ones in the “Darkness” blah blah blah). 
    - their version on The Bazaar is the same shitty one played three years ago? That live version makes a true banger a meandering bore
    - the same boring version of my favourite TP song Save Me was played. Ugh

My seventh TP show will be my last. I don’t need to see a band mailing it in this way any longer. 

JM's banter has been the same for about 20 years now. it's cringe worthy. even if it didn't repeat (and it does, not only throughout the tour, but throughout EVERY tour), it's always some stupid segue to get a cheap pop mentioning the song he thinks is clever. He did the same during the acoustic set. Give me IME acoustic alone and I'd have paid the same price for just them. 

I doubt I'll be doing any more TP shows anymore either. I went to this for IME, and they didn't disappoint. Except it's the same songs I've heard the last 3 times I've seen them, basically. Hopefully that changes with a new record/headlining tour. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD