Options

tea party

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,117
    Either something when wrong with Amazon's demand/variable pricing algorithm or world shipping costs cranked up the price?
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2021
    Zod said:
    Either something when wrong with Amazon's demand/variable pricing algorithm or world shipping costs cranked up the price?
    Could be! I’ve noticed other albums with pre-order prices out of whack. Joni Mitchell at Carnegie Hall, for example, was about $70.00 on pre-order.

Maybe they want to dissuade people from ordering based on the algorithms based on the demand exceeding volume of product they are receiving? People have complained on here in the past of pre-ordering on amazon and not receiving the wax. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Could be! I’ve noticed other albums with pre-order prices out of whack. Joni Mitchell at Carnegie Hall, for example, was about $70.00 on pre-order.

Maybe they want to dissuade people from ordering based on the algorithms based on the demand exceeding volume of product they are receiving? People have complained on here in the past of pre-ordering on amazon and not receiving the wax. 

I noticed for a while on Amazon.ca that they sort of stopped doing vinyl preorders.   I used to always preorder right away because their system gives you the lowest prices between when you order and release date.  Their algorithm would usually cause the vinyl to go to a price that looked low.    I guess there sort of back to that, except now, it's presale goes up, price is reasonable,  then it goes to the moon.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

I noticed for a while on Amazon.ca that they sort of stopped doing vinyl preorders.   I used to always preorder right away because their system gives you the lowest prices between when you order and release date.  Their algorithm would usually cause the vinyl to go to a price that looked low.    I guess there sort of back to that, except now, it's presale goes up, price is reasonable,  then it goes to the moon.
    I did get the latest REM and Road Apples boxset below retail on pre-order. The EV solo release is up there now and it’s 51 and change including GST. I’m convinced that will be cheaper at one of the local record stores I frequent, therefore won’t pre-order. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    I'm actually liking the new EP. except for Summertime, which should not only not be the lead track, it shouldn't have been included here at ALL. relegated to the discount bin of music history. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I just finished the first listen, I think Sunshower is the stand out for me. It’s way better than I expected though. Good to hear some acoustic guitar again. 
  • Options
    for anyone interested in the Europe only vinyl, I see some decently priced ones on discogs already. way less than what I paid. @1ThoughtKnown
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    for anyone interested in the Europe only vinyl, I see some decently priced ones on discogs already. way less than what I paid. @1ThoughtKnown
    Is that right? Thanks for the heads up HFD! 
  • Options
    Ordered a copy from Germany. Just over $42CDN including shipping.  Thanks again for the reminder. 
    German shipping costs are easily the best in the world of vinyl. 
  • Options
    Ordered a copy from Germany. Just over $42CDN including shipping.  Thanks again for the reminder. 
    German shipping costs are easily the best in the world of vinyl. 
    awesome. glad I could help. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Did yours come with the bonus cd with 3 extra tracks? the live version of Way Way Down is actually way way better than the studio version. way bluesier. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Did yours come with the bonus cd with 3 extra tracks? the live version of Way Way Down is actually way way better than the studio version. way bluesier. 
    That is what the listing stated yup.  I should probably buy a CD player at some point 😂
  • Options
    That is what the listing stated yup.  I should probably buy a CD player at some point 😂
    If you don't have a way to upload/listen to it, i can send the track to you. it's really good. pm me your email if you want it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    some live tea party shows to download if one felt so inclined. 

http://www.teaparty-online.com/downloads/
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    some live tea party shows to download if one felt so inclined. 

http://www.teaparty-online.com/downloads/
    Whoah cool thanks for that link! Can't wait to listen to those '96 & '97 shows :)
  • Options
    if anyone knows where I can get the Reformation Tour vinyl for a decent price, I owned it when it came out, but gifted it to a fellow board member when I didn't have a turntable. Now it's going for nutso money on discogs. I messaged Jeff Burrows if he knows of anywhere I can get it, but barring that, I might be SOL. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    If you don't have a way to upload/listen to it, i can send the track to you. it's really good. pm me your email if you want it. 
    It’s all good! I’ll get a CD player off some Boxing Day sale. Good motivation 👍.  Thanks for the offer though! 
  • Options
    neither my deluxe indie record from amazon nor my deluxe cd from music vaultz has shipped. fark. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    neither my deluxe indie record from amazon nor my deluxe cd from music vaultz has shipped. fark. 
    I checked that indie release on Amazon and it says original release date in 2022. When you look up the listing it now says out of stock. Something has happened. 
  • Options
    supply chain issue?
  • Options
    I checked that indie release on Amazon and it says original release date in 2022. When you look up the listing it now says out of stock. Something has happened. 
    my 2cd shipped from music vaultz today. but yeah, I don't know if I'm ever getting this on wax now. brutal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    just bought it on musicvaultz. cost me extra because now I have to pay shipping, but I want this on vinyl and not get screwed. worth it to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    just bought it on musicvaultz. cost me extra because now I have to pay shipping, but I want this on vinyl and not get screwed. worth it to me. 

MusicVaultz isn't great?  I've been shafted by them a few times.  Mostly from adding an item to a preorder to get it to the free shipping threshold.  They don't reserve stock, so then your preorder gets hung up for the other item which they don't have anymore.  Eventually if you harass them enough the cancel the out of stock item so the preorder can go out, unless they've also run out of the preorder item by then.

btw, did musicvaultz have it in stock? I thought I looked yesterday and it was listed as a January release date or something?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I just bought it without really looking too hard....but noticed my receipt said something like "Buy Now: More stock coming soon". not entirely sure what that means.

So I have to watch closely both them and amazon so I don't get two copies. Hopefully musicvaultz comes through, as it's easier to cancel on amazon. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2021
    @HughFreakingDillon

Blood Moon Rising arrived today. Decent pressing, waaaaaaaay better than the Black River EP. I’ll never have to listen to that again, just becomes a cool collectors piece because I got one of the signed copies. 
    Glad to have it. 

Still no word on that indie release. Obviously the pressing plant couldn’t meet the announced release date, wondering why there hasn’t been an announcement? 

• Options
    Yah I really like the back half of blood moon rising, which I guess is the new EP if you bought it in Canada.
  • Options
    they mixed up the track listing a bit on blood moon rising, combining both black river and sunshower EP's, and the deluxe cd that came with it also adds the covers they did recently and a live version of Way Way Down. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2021
    BLM Album sounds great except for the very beginning of Black River where there is no bottom end and the song sounds thin. Then after about 30-45 seconds the bottom end kicks in. 

On Way Way Down the bottom end remains great, and then about a minute in the bottom end disappears again for about thirty seconds only to return for the rest of the song. The bottom end is full for the rest of the album. Very strange. Anyone else notice this? 
  • Options
    i haven't listened to the vinyl yet, but I also know my ears aren't as audiophallic as some of yours, so I may not hear the same stuff you do. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Any word on that s/t RE?  Amazon hasn’t cancelled my order yet. Perhaps someone got an update on the delay, assuming no one else has it