Remembering BRAD

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I love playing Buttercup on my guitar. Such beautiful notes and when it kicks into that full chord, man. Just so good! 
    What are the chords?
    https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/brad/buttercup-chords-1450919
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mfc2006 said:
    I love playing Buttercup on my guitar. Such beautiful notes and when it kicks into that full chord, man. Just so good! 
    What are the chords?
    https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/brad/buttercup-chords-1450919
    NICE!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I'm pretty sue that's the tab I used back in the day to learn it, but it may be another version. Either way, it's a good start. I learned how to plya most of that album just by playing along.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:
    I'm pretty sue that's the tab I used back in the day to learn it, but it may be another version. Either way, it's a good start. I learned how to plya most of that album just by playing along.
    the shame recording is slightly sharp, something to remember if you're wondering why it sounds a tad off while you're jamming with the tunes.

i always play with the live recordings or the awesome itunes session they did in 2010. great band with easy and fun songs! 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Does anyone know why "Welcome to Discovery Park" is not available on Apple Music with the other Brad cds? 
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam said:
    Does anyone know why "Welcome to Discovery Park" is not available on Apple Music with the other Brad cds? 
    No idea, but I have noticed that their catalog management is a bit odd. Sometime, nothing is available on Spotify or just one album...or the whole catalog. If you need the mp3's, just shoot me a pm and I can email them to you when I get home tonight.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    ^ Hopefully they put up all their albums up digitally via 24 Bit Flacs someday. 
    demetrios said:
    ^ Hopefully they put up all their albums up digitally via 24 Bit Flacs someday. 
    Yes...that would be awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Just need to search by album name on Spotify. All their LPs are there. No idea about anywhere else. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Just need to search by album name on Spotify. All their LPs are there. No idea about anywhere else. 
    Did you ever find that in-store video?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Man, I absolutely love this album. 

Shawn---you are missed.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Was lucky enough to see Brad 19 years ago in a small venue in Byron Bay Australia. Great night & had a chat with Shawn. Don't remember too much after a few beers but a rousing Secret Girl finished the set. Slept in my car & got a ticket for doing that!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    Their albums seems to be on Apple Music too 👍
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    Love that track Sweet Al George from Interiors. Such a crunchy guitar riff. Would that be Stone? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Last bastion its dutty too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Love that track Sweet Al George from Interiors. Such a crunchy guitar riff. Would that be Stone? 
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    Did you ever find that in-store video?
    Yep, I have them. Will get them on my YouTube page and posted here today or tomorrow! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    It sucks that the vinyl copies are so expensive. I failed to get them when they were released. I never liked those alternate covers and I hope if they reissue, they go back to the original covers.
  • Thank you guys  here.  Ive always just been a shame guy
     Its the  album of my youth  so i was kind of reluctant to go further
     But i have and its so beautiful.  
    Thank  you all. 
     God bless you shawn. A soul.  A deep soul  missed by me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347

Alright friends, here's video #1. From Vintage Vinyl in St.Louis. They did an in-store before their opening set for Band of Horses at The Pageant back in 2010 I think. Maybe 2011. Keep in mind, I had a 3G iPhone! I could only take so much video on it! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWhnFbhpc0
    www.cluthelee.com
    Video #2, this one may not last long per YouTube's policy. If it doesn't I'll put it on a Google Drive and post back. Let me know. This was such an intimate setting. I think there were only about 15 people gathered here. I got to talk to Stone and Happy for about 30 minutes as they looked around at records. PS - back in 1993 this was the store I bought my first PJ 'import' and 'bootleg'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDVTPCSBGgI
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Hopefully Loosegroove reissues these this year.

www.cluthelee.com
    Margaret River Australia in January 2003 at some dive bar. Was there visiting my fiancée. This was the OG band lineup. Met them all, but stayed and talked to Stone and Shawn the longest. Regan was the only one who didn’t stick around. *That’s me at the Pike Place fish market back in spring 2002. 

www.cluthelee.com
    Setlist from the Margaret River show. They played Satchel’s Whose Side at the end. 

www.cluthelee.com
    Shawn was offering handwritten lyrics about a year before he passed. These are my favorite, from my favorite record of theirs. The signed LP was from the Vintage Vinyl in-store (videos I posted earlier). 

www.cluthelee.com
    Awesome stuff, man!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com