______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I really wish that record sounded better.  Huge missed opportunity. 
    One of the worst mastering jobs I have ever heard. Horribly muddy.
    I’ve heard worse mastering jobs… but agreed it was muddy. There was very little instrument separation and the soundstage was definitely lacking. 
    Again, the second disc without the symphony sounds better, probably only because there is significantly less going on. Whoever mastered this for vinyl needs some BL, KG, RKS, etc. lessons. 

It is not so bad that I won’t listen to it. I’ve given records away that are simply ear bleeding. 
    Yea, I know... I was just expecting SO much...... and it fell flat.

• MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’ve heard worse mastering jobs… but agreed it was muddy. There was very little instrument separation and the soundstage was definitely lacking. 
    Again, the second disc without the symphony sounds better, probably only because there is significantly less going on. Whoever mastered this for vinyl needs some BL, KG, RKS, etc. lessons. 

It is not so bad that I won’t listen to it. I’ve given records away that are simply ear bleeding. 

You said it Les. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,418
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

fair to say expectation significantly colored the criticism?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No.  It's not a B when an A was expected.  It's a C-.
  • New sexy mmj album
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yup. The mastering was absolutely horrible, which is why I sold my copy a couple of years ago.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    New sexy mmj album
    Nice! I have the OP, but I've considered grabbing this one as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

No.  It's not a B when an A was expected.  It's a C-.
    Yea, I would say D-
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    Threw U2 - Pop on the ol' spinner thingy last night. I honestly think this album holds up.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

I finally moved the turntable & amp to the built-in shelves we have. It feels a lot less cluttered & I like having them tucked away. Still absolutely loving the new speakers as well.

Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong

The piano version of "Like Spinning Plates" is absolutely gorgeous.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Onto the next....love this album.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^^Nice! 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Love this album.

Heartless Bastards - All This Time

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Took me 5 years to realise the track listing is in alphabetical order, and yet it flows together perfectly 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:

Good reminder...need to jam that out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Took me 5 years to realise the track listing is in alphabetical order, and yet it flows together perfectly 

Fantastic album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Took me 5 years to realise the track listing is in alphabetical order, and yet it flows together perfectly 

I never knew this fact until now
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2022
    Playing this record for the first time in a looooooong time. It was so warped it was unplayable. Received my new vinyl flat yesterday and after two runs through the groovy pouch (one for two hours, one for 2.5 hours) the wax is perfectly flat and sounds good 👍

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Playing this record for the first time in a looooooong time. It was so warped it was unplayable. Received my new vinyl flat yesterday and after two runs through the groovy pouch (one for two hours, one for 2.5 hours) the wax is perfectly flat and sounds good 👍

Ive never heard of that. I have a few albums that are warped that I don’t play. 

You just put it in and it flattens the record?
  • May 30th said:

Ive never heard of that. I have a few albums that are warped that I don’t play. 

You just put it in and it flattens the record?
    I just use the oven with mine but yes. I’ve never gone longer than an hour but I’ve flattened some pretty warped records.  

I guess getting the pouch means you don’t have to use the oven.  

great product 
    edited January 2022
    Uses DC to heat a pouch. You put the record between two pieces of metal (protected by thin felt pads) that wingnut together. The metal has some weight to it and the heat (between 130-150F) along with the weight flattens the record without groove distortion.  Make sure the record is very clean (don’t want to bake anything into the grooves) and let it go. Give it some time to cool off…. Really simple. 

Cost me about $300CDN for the flattener and groovy pouch. Shipping was $50. I’m impressed. Have a King’s X RSD that was badly warped right out of the sleeve baking right now. All 3 of those King’s X RSDs in 2021 were warped. 

Uses DC to heat a pouch. You put the record between two pieces of metal (protected by thin felt pads) that wingnut together. The metal has some weight to it and the heat (between 130-150F) along with the weight flattens the record without groove distortion.  Make sure the record is very clean (don’t want to bake anything into the grooves) and let it go. Give it some time to cool off…. Really simple. 

Cost me about $300CDN for the flattener and groovy pouch. Shipping was $50. I’m impressed. Have a King’s X RSD that was badly warped right out of the sleeve baking right now. All 3 of those King’s X RSDs in 2021 were warped. 
    Great product
  • MedozK said:

Great product
    I was expecting a B or C+ and received an A. 
    MedozK said:

Great product
    Yea, I have had one a while, and will endorse it to anyone.
    edited January 2022
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Great product
    Yea, I have had one a while, and will endorse it to anyone.
    To be clear, I wasn’t intending to present the product like it is a new thing. I’m aware it’s been around for a decade or so. I read the Steve Hoffman forum discussions on it prior to purchasing as it’s no small investment with the currency exchange and shipping. 

My original post was just a comment on how happy I was to listen to a Husker Du record that for seemingly forever had been virtually unplayable. Interestingly, folks around here have never heard of it. None of the local record shop keepers I’ve talked to in particular, and all are interested in what I think of it. 

I took before and after vids with my smartphone to show them.  

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on