PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Unless you're James Bond or Jason Bourne and need to escape, no reason to back into a spot
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Unless you're James Bond or Jason Bourne and need to escape, no reason to back into a spot
    I've been known to need to escape...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I don't back into a spot unless there is a reason.
    I do "drive through" whenever I have the option so that I avoid the need to back out, when I go to leave.

Doesn't bother me

What does bother me is when people take up two spots because they are weak sauce, or because they think they need to protect their car.  Used to work with a guy years back to parked diagonally across  two spots in his Viper.  It got keyed.  I told him he earned that, but it sucked that someone  did that to him.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Oh yeah that guy and his dumb car deserve that shit. Fuck that guy (wasn't me).

While we're at it - put your grocery cart back properly goddamnit!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Oh yeah that guy and his dumb car deserve that shit. Fuck that guy (wasn't me).

While we're at it - put your grocery cart back properly goddamnit!
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/289341/when-i-finish-with-my-shopping-cart-basket-i/p2#latest
    Hell yes

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    New Eddie single's pretty decent. Way better than that Haves song. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Just listened to it - sounds like two songs between the beginning and end, like the 2nd part better.
    Conor Lamb Campaign attacking Fetterman for "talking about Sheetz vs. Wawa" - they are really flailing. Anyone ever been to a Sheetz? I haven't.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Sheetz's are, dare I say it....good...goddamnit. But I mean it's fluff dumb jokey stuff that Fetterman's campaign has been doing.

I saw Dave McCormick get on the tee vee on Good Day this morning. I wonder how that happened, I know these politicians get up in arms that there's some kind of fair process of getting in front of potential voters.
    Used to eat Sheetz all the time up in Bloomsburg. Schmuffins are the shit when you're shitfaced. 

Speaking of Bloomsburg, I was intrigued by this McCormick character when his commercials popped up out of nowhere as they make a big deal about him being from The Only Town in Pa....until I read that he's being propped up by a bunch of Trumpers behind the scenes. I think he's going to be running as sort of a Maga alternative when he's anything but. No thanks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Used to eat Sheetz all the time up in Bloomsburg. Schmuffins are the shit when you're shitfaced. 

Speaking of Bloomsburg, I was intrigued by this McCormick character when his commercials popped up out of nowhere as they make a big deal about him being from The Only Town in Pa....until I read that he's being propped up by a bunch of Trumpers behind the scenes. I think he's going to be running as sort of a Maga alternative when he's anything but. No thanks. 
    He's like one of those hedge fund guys and he lives in Connecticut. He probably has more boats than Betsy DeVos. They have no worthy candidates who actually live anywhere in this entire state? Yeah that sounds about right.

Look at that list of names within that tweet running. Who the hell is Carla Sands? I figure Bartos comes out on top for the Rs? Haha, Oz hasn't reported yet, looking forward to that.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    high temperature of 25 on Saturday. great shorts weather.  getting them ready so i'm not a candy ass  =)
    edited January 2022
    Carla Sands has some direct tie to Trump

edit--of course, she is Trump's former Ambassador to Denmark!
    https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/carla-sands-2022-republican-pennsylvania-senate-race-20210706.html

At least the guy Trump endorsed, Sean Parnell, dropped out for beating his wife or something. MAGA!!!!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    high temperature of 25 on Saturday. great shorts weather.  getting them ready so i'm not a candy ass  =)
    Good thinking!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    pjhawks said:
    Good thinking!

i was just at the supermarket and one of the vendors was wearing shorts, it's like 13 degrees out now
    I don't back into a spot unless there is a reason.
    I do "drive through" whenever I have the option so that I avoid the need to back out, when I go to leave.

Doesn't bother me

What does bother me is when people take up two spots because they are weak sauce, or because they think they need to protect their car.  Used to work with a guy years back to parked diagonally across  two spots in his Viper.  It got keyed.  I told him he earned that, but it sucked that someone  did that to him.
    I back into spots now. little easier especially when your car has a backup camera. Don't think i would as confident doing it in my old car which didn't have one.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Just listened to it - sounds like two songs between the beginning and end, like the 2nd part better.
    Agree after my first listen.
    Suffers greatly by comparison when I listened to Blizzard of Ozz last night and The Score this morning

Two amazing  records

This is ho-hum by comparison,  but better than the last tune.
    edited January 2022
    Suffers greatly by comparison when I listened to Blizzard of Ozz last night and The Score this morning

Two amazing  records

Comparing a 60 year old solo Eddie record to one of Ozzy Osborne's best at his peak seems a bit disingenuous, no? lol

Also, I would not have pegged you for a Fugees fan. That one reminds me college.

chinese-happy.jpg

Two amazing  records

Comparing a 60 year old solo Eddie record to one of Ozzy Osborne's best at his peak seems a bit disingenuous, no? lol

Also, I would not have pegged you for a Fugees fan. That one reminds me college.

I certainly  agree on the spot in time for those two albums, I was just sharing why it fell in a tough space for me to best appreciate. 

That album is amazing.  I listened all of the way through not long ago due to a poll on this site and was blown away.  While I appreciated  their music I don't know I'd ever listened all of the way through.  Once I did, I was hooked.
    Do you like that one?

Two amazing  records

I certainly  agree on the spot in time for those two albums, I was just sharing why it fell in a tough space for me to best appreciate. 

That album is amazing.  I listened all of the way through not long ago due to a poll on this site and was blown away.  While I appreciated  their music I don't know I'd ever listened all of the way through.  Once I did, I was hooked.
    Do you like that one?
    Yeah, I mean, any song/album that conjures of up memories of those days for me is definitely up my alley. I don't think I have listened to it since then though. Might as well throw it on today!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think I appreciate more than anything that F Me pulled out a 25 year old album for the first time and was blown away. That's awesome.
    Going through my moms stuff before she moves. Phillies-Pirates August 8th 1965, 2nd of a double header. Phillies win 5-2. Roberto Clemente with a lowly single

edited January 2022
    I think I appreciate more than anything that F Me pulled out a 25 year old album for the first time and was blown away. That's awesome.
    Music is so great, right!?!
    pjhawks said:
    Good thinking!
    Just for you, hawkey.
    Had to run out to drop/pick up dry cleaning, to gamestop to get a new ps4 controller for the boy, and put the new car through the car wash.
    Who needs to put put on long pants for that?

What’s the new car?
    edited January 2022
    Ah. Hated to part with the 2009 Accord, still in great shape.
    Genesis G80.

Lol I hear you. Love me some Honda’s! Basically every car I have ever had. Dude, very much about to buy the GV80. Curious about your opinions on Genesis in general 
    edited January 2022
    I'm too damn cheap to buy a new car, I couldn't find a used GV80 locally so didn't test drive but I was very interested in it.  Took a Volvo xc90 for a few days and liked it but returned.  Genesis is really nice. Got one with 29k miles.  High quality, smooth and lots of options.  Honestly, it is on par as far as comfort with the luxury cars that would cost 20-30k more.  I'm very pleased either it.  Comfortable as can be, 10x more so than my Honda, which I liked.
    I think you'll like it.  
    I drove a fucking hell of a bargain, which is tough to do these days.  Pleased they played ball with me.

Family was bummed, at first.  They loved the Volvo.
    It was really nice, but I saved 10 grand.  ;)  I'm cheap.  Rather spend my money on sushi and booze than on cars.
    Have you looked at the xc90?
    It is pretty bitchin.