The Food Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    It is good.  If it was crap I'd  take the time...but I hear ya.  
    I want sushi again, already.   :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Fish is delayed a day due to the weather...ugh.  So Pho it is tonight and sushi tomorrow.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited January 2022
    Fish is delayed a day due to the weather...ugh.  So Pho it is tonight and sushi tomorrow.

Good sub.

Edit: I have a big bag o' bones in my freezer. My bust them out on Sunday.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    I had swordfish from there this week, was awesome. Good thing they pack that shit so well.

Just picked up sushi from our local spot. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    So if the shipment is delayed, that means a day less time to eat?  
    Chomp chomp.  Hope you get a deduction  or credit to next order or something.
    Tempted today, they sent 1/2 pound each of Pumpkin Sword, Ahi. Kanpachi, and Meru for $129

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    So if the shipment is delayed, that means a day less time to eat?  
    Chomp chomp.  Hope you get a deduction  or credit to next order or something.
    Tempted today, they sent 1/2 pound each of Pumpkin Sword, Ahi. Kanpachi, and Meru for $129

Dude, do the pumpkin sword by itself. It's seriously unbelievable. 
    It’s not their fault the weather and they got in touch with UPS to make sure it’s on track for tomorrow.  Played in the snow with the daughter then murdered some Pho. Hit the spot

South Philly is unbelievably rich of amazing food
    It’s not their fault the weather and they got in touch with UPS to make sure it’s on track for tomorrow.  Played in the snow with the daughter then murdered some Pho. Hit the spot

South Philly is unbelievably rich of amazing food

Bowl on the right- is that some type of offal on the top? Tripe maybe?
    I wondered  that as well....
    Yeah it’s tripe.
    Fish never came, supposed to be coming tomorrow but assume it’s trash or will need to be cooked. Completely UPS’ fault, but Honolulu will be hooking it back up. 

The short ribs from salt fat acid heat today though

Nice.
    Love that show/book.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I received an Instant Pot for Christmas. I made a creamy cauliflower soup with it. The creamy part was created with potatoes and coconut milk, and I used an immersion blender to blend it all. I was won-over with the first recipe. The only downside was that I couldn't adjust the heat when I was sautéing the onions. Also, my Instant Pot is a 3-serving size, and most recipes are 6+servings. I have to be aware of that when I begin a dish. Anyone else happy with their Instant Pot? The next time I use it will be for a lentil soup recipe. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Market Day Breakfast

Righteous 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Wings

Not as good as your wings, there, but cauliflower "wings" are delicious.   Perhaps too 🔥,  though!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Not as good as your wings, there, but cauliflower "wings" are delicious.   Perhaps too 🔥,  though!

Candy ass.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Candy ass.
    I'll be fire ass.
    I did learn my lesson from the first time I made a few years back....they were so good I ate them all.  Horrid gas.  :lol:      
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I received an Instant Pot for Christmas. I made a creamy cauliflower soup with it. The creamy part was created with potatoes and coconut milk, and I used an immersion blender to blend it all. I was won-over with the first recipe. The only downside was that I couldn't adjust the heat when I was sautéing the onions. Also, my Instant Pot is a 3-serving size, and most recipes are 6+servings. I have to be aware of that when I begin a dish. Anyone else happy with their Instant Pot? The next time I use it will be for a lentil soup recipe. 
    sounds good. Don't have one of those instapots. All about immersion blending stuff. Crockpot carrots ginger sweet potatoes orange peel Tai peppers water blend. Coconut milk may be good in there too. been making this a lot. Getting bored of it but seems really healthy.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My wife made some killer meatballs and sauce tonight.  Spaghetti and ricotta finished it.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Loujoe said:

sounds good. Don't have one of those instapots. All about immersion blending stuff. Crockpot carrots ginger sweet potatoes orange peel Tai peppers water blend. Coconut milk may be good in there too. been making this a lot. Getting bored of it but seems really healthy.
    What spices do you use? I bought the ingredients for a carrot ginger soup and it includes cumin, cayenne, bay leaf, and it also includes coconut milk. I don't know much about Tai pepper or if any of these spices compete with it.

In so many soups a bay leaf is like a magic wand. 

In other soup news, I used the same cookbook as I used for the first instant pot recipe (Vegan Instant Pot), and I just cooked a French Lentil Soup. Very good. Who knew a can of fire roasted crushed tomatoes could be a thing. I never heard of them before.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Cool. I dont add spices. Thai peppers are tiny dried peppers from my garden, just makes it spicy if you like that. i dont think those spices would compete. I have two dried ghost peppers, may put one in next time. 
    Happy souping!
    Healthy/good

Cabbage
    Lettuce
    Spinach
    Corn
    Asparagus 
    Radish
    Shallots 
    Tomatoes 
    Avocado
    Blackened Tuna on top

I feel sorry for those around me for the next few days
    ...made these again, will eat some during the games. 
    Later, I'm going with a cabbage and beans thing.

Not sure what else to pick to offset that gas!

I feel sorry for those around me for the next few days
    ...made these again, will eat some during the games. 
    Later, I'm going with a cabbage and beans thing.

Not sure what else to pick to offset that gas!

Those look great. What’s the recipe?
    edited January 2022
    1 cup flour
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup water
    1/4 tea of salt and pepper 
    2 Tea of garlic powder
    1 Tea of cumin and paprika
    Add some cayenne if you like - depending on how hot you want.
    Mix around
    Break up a head of cauliflower 
    Put into the batter, transfer to parchment covered hotel pan
    (Shake off excess batter)
    Bake at 425, 20 minutes.  Flip halfway.
    Put a cup or your favorite  hot sauce in a sauce pan with a tablespoon of butter...melt.
    After 20 minutes, take out, toss in the sauce, put back in for 10-15 minutes.

Tip, also, is you may add a bit more water or milk if the batter is too thick.  I usually go milk until it hits the consistency I like best.
    Already feeling the bloat
     :lol:   really tasty, though.  Hit with tapatio made it even better.

Rice noodles with cabbage, leaks, and beans.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Our daughter played in three hockey games today—the last two a double-header in Vermont. 

My wife brought back these for me. 

I SAW PEARL JAM