Jeffrey Epstein and Friends

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I think now that she is convicted and knows she will spend life in prison, there's a better chance of her spilling the beans now. It's her only way to not rotting in a jail cell her whole life. 
    That is a death sentence...
    Yeah maybe. She doesn't have a lot of good options that is for sure!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    and then the bbc had dershowitz on last night after he verdict to talk about it....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    I think now that she is convicted and knows she will spend life in prison, there's a better chance of her spilling the beans now. It's her only way to not rotting in a jail cell her whole life. 
    Yep. She’s a criminal and a sex offender, she’s not going to name names for the greater good of society and tge victims. She’ll only do it as part of some deal to reduce her sentence. 
    and then the bbc had dershowitz on last night after he verdict to talk about it....
    Underpants Alan? Gross
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    OnWis97 said:
    I hope the truth comes out.  Would be very disappointed if Bill Gates is involved.  He is doing great things trying to advance society.  Unless a girl names him I will not assume the worst.
    Everyone should hope the truth comes out.  But it's funny on Facebook, etc. seeing the guarded optimism that it's "the other side."  If it's Clinton, a guy for whom I voted twice, then fuck him. He had his good and bad points as president (mostly good, IMHO) but being a good president, athlete, writer, beer-brewer, football coach, preacher, etc. does not make a you a good person. I hope any liberal, conservative, moderate, apolitical-type, etc. that committed/facilitated any sexual crimes gets what's coming to them.

That all said, it's just amazing how huge sexual assault rings and long-lasting sexual-assaulters are able to just go on and on. The ability for large groups of people to turn their collective heads is frightening.

I don't wish them well...
    people need to stop with this "well well well, look at the democrat/republican". nearly every single instance is anecdotal and has zero to do with the person's political leanings. 
    I had this thought recently...  that the Clinton's in an odd way are somewhat responsible for Trump.  Or more accurately... in the divisive culture war fiercely being fought on the internet between the left and the right, dems and the reps, blues and reds..  etc. the sheer ignorance of both sides' failures are what keep this shit going. 

I regrettably watched Trump's first impeachment closely and honestly got stuck in the left's echo chamber. But then I saw something kind of interesting about Clinton's impeachment in the process.  Some of those senators and congressmen/women that were around during both impeachments sang remarkably similar tunes... none of which were in the interest of the public or for the truth... but in the interests of partisanship.  Between the two chiefs.. Clinton and Trump... it should be obvious to all that BOTH should have been impeached. It takes leadership and courage to say that you're own team is failing.  I'm not old enough to remember the fine details about the Clinton impeachment and the dems at that time.... but presently.... in the culture war today we need more Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney types. Call out your own leader. Call out your own party... in the interests of truth and the people. 

Whatever becomes of this Epstein/Maxwell thing... truth and consequence for all I say!  
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
    men perpretrated this. one was prosecuted and may or may not have offed himself. a woman was convicted for enabling.

none of the men who actually did the abusing have even been arrested or indicted. until that happens there is not going to be any justice. and if democrats are guilty of it, i do not care. same as republicans. if crimes were committed, let them all go to federal prison for life.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I hope the truth comes out.  Would be very disappointed if Bill Gates is involved.  He is doing great things trying to advance society.  Unless a girl names him I will not assume the worst.
    Everyone should hope the truth comes out.  But it's funny on Facebook, etc. seeing the guarded optimism that it's "the other side."  If it's Clinton, a guy for whom I voted twice, then fuck him. He had his good and bad points as president (mostly good, IMHO) but being a good president, athlete, writer, beer-brewer, football coach, preacher, etc. does not make a you a good person. I hope any liberal, conservative, moderate, apolitical-type, etc. that committed/facilitated any sexual crimes gets what's coming to them.

That all said, it's just amazing how huge sexual assault rings and long-lasting sexual-assaulters are able to just go on and on. The ability for large groups of people to turn their collective heads is frightening.

people need to stop with this "well well well, look at the democrat/republican". nearly every single instance is anecdotal and has zero to do with the person's political leanings. 
    I had this thought recently...  that the Clinton's in an odd way are somewhat responsible for Trump.  Or more accurately... in the divisive culture war fiercely being fought on the internet between the left and the right, dems and the reps, blues and reds..  etc. the sheer ignorance of both sides' failures are what keep this shit going. 

I regrettably watched Trump's first impeachment closely and honestly got stuck in the left's echo chamber. But then I saw something kind of interesting about Clinton's impeachment in the process.  Some of those senators and congressmen/women that were around during both impeachments sang remarkably similar tunes... none of which were in the interest of the public or for the truth... but in the interests of partisanship.  Between the two chiefs.. Clinton and Trump... it should be obvious to all that BOTH should have been impeached. It takes leadership and courage to say that you're own team is failing.  I'm not old enough to remember the fine details about the Clinton impeachment and the dems at that time.... but presently.... in the culture war today we need more Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney types. Call out your own leader. Call out your own party... in the interests of truth and the people. 

Whatever becomes of this Epstein/Maxwell thing... truth and consequence for all I say!  
    Trump’s success due to Clinton was largely due to the bonkers irrational demonization from republicans that started when Bill was president. They kept it going through Bush and Obama, and despite Hillary getting decent approval ratings as SOS and Senator, once she was running for prez, all they had to do was make baseless claims about her being corrupt. Republican voters were so far gone at that point that somehow Trump had the moral and ethical high ground. 
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Trump’s success due to Clinton was largely due to the bonkers irrational demonization from republicans that started when Bill was president. They kept it going through Bush and Obama, and despite Hillary getting decent approval ratings as SOS and Senator, once she was running for prez, all they had to do was make baseless claims about her being corrupt. Republican voters were so far gone at that point that somehow Trump had the moral and ethical high ground. 
    don't forget that hillary actually won the popular vote by over 3 million votes. trump won in just a few key states to win the electoral college.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

don't forget that hillary actually won the popular vote by over 3 million votes. trump won in just a few key states to win the electoral college.
    I gotta tell ya, I honestly don't know why people keep bringing this up. The popular vote has never mattered. I actually agree with Trump that if it did, he still would have won. It wildly changes your campaign strategy, or it should if you have a good campaign team. And that's why she lost. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

I gotta tell ya, I honestly don't know why people keep bringing this up. The popular vote has never mattered. I actually agree with Trump that if it did, he still would have won. It wildly changes your campaign strategy, or it should if you have a good campaign team. And that's why she lost. 
    And like Trump said, Russia helped him win. (Ah the good old days of 2016!)
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

I’ve always thought the same. It reminds me of a football team who complains about the rules after they lose a game. But if the rules were different, they’d have a different strategy. If they go for it on 4th down, how often they throw or run the ball, etc are all influenced by the rules in place. Change when the clock stops or what happens after a missed field goal and it’s a completely different game.
  • Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

She lost because people don't like her.  The democratic war machine propped her on a pedestal and crowned her queen but they didn't read the room. 
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

She lost because people don't like her.  The democratic war machine propped her on a pedestal and crowned her queen but they didn't read the room. 
    And sadly women politicians need to be perceived as more likable than their male counterparts. 
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

strange, I thought she was chosen by the people who voted in the primaries. interesting.....in all seriousness, I did read some time ago that her campaign team (or she) made some massive gaffes by completely ignoring campaigning in certain places she really should have, and it cost her big. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

And sadly women politicians need to be perceived as more likable than their male counterparts. 
    if only she had been caught on a hot mic bragging about grabbing men by the gonads at will, she'd have won. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

strange, I thought she was chosen by the people who voted in the primaries. interesting.....in all seriousness, I did read some time ago that her campaign team (or she) made some massive gaffes by completely ignoring campaigning in certain places she really should have, and it cost her big. 
    There was proof that the democratic party played favorite to her over Bernie.  They wanted to make sure that she got the billing and not Sanders.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

There was proof that the democratic party played favorite to her over Bernie.  They wanted to make sure that she got the billing and not Sanders.

with her out of it , how did that work out for bernie in 2020?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

I understand who they clearly wanted to win, but she won by way of votes and confirmed by delegates. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyrat said:
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Bernie lost steam after that one.  Why people chose Biden I'll never understand either...
  • mickeyrat said:
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Bernie lost steam after that one.  Why people chose Biden I'll never understand either...
    Because he was definitely one to fuck everything up. Even worse than POOTWH. Let's go Brandon! Who did you choose?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyrat said:
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Because he was definitely one to fuck everything up. Even worse than POOTWH. Let's go Brandon! Who did you choose?
    I liked Bernie the first time around, not so much the 2nd...  I wanted Andrew Yang.
  • mickeyrat said:
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

I liked Bernie the first time around, not so much the 2nd...  I wanted Andrew Yang.
    Why Yang? GUI? You really thought he was qualified to be POTUS? Did Bernie change that much in 4 years?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • mickeyrat said:
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Why Yang? GUI? You really thought he was qualified to be POTUS? Did Bernie change that much in 4 years?
    I didn't want an old white guy in the office anymore, it's ridiculous to have someone in there over 60.

Yes I liked Yang.  He is one smart cookie.  I liked his vision and ideas.  Not sure how well he would do on foreign policy though.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mickeyrat said:
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

I didn't want an old white guy in the office anymore, it's ridiculous to have someone in there over 60.

Yes I liked Yang.  He is one smart cookie.  I liked his vision and ideas.  Not sure how well he would do on foreign policy though.
    I liked him, too. Qualified? Maybe not, but qualified is not really a qualification any more. Certainly would have been more fit than Trump. I think there's a chance he'd have been going into it intent on being transparent and not corrupt (of course a lot of people thought that's what they were voting for in Trump, so who knows...)

I'm not as much of a fan of him and his new party (whatever it's called). I think he's bought into his own hype a bit and is trying to save something he can't save.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Pretty weak background to be POTUS. The duel demands of executive branch/office appointments and navigating Congress would have made him a terrible POTUS. Would you take an old black guy in office? How about an old woman over 60? Should 60 be the limit for CEOs and any other positions of power/responsibility? Congress, governorships, any elected office?

Brilliantati©
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm seeing some interesting discussions that suggest Epstein got his wealth from blackmailing his rich customers...the kind of customers that liked him supplying underage girls to them.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Pretty weak background to be POTUS. The duel demands of executive branch/office appointments and navigating Congress would have made him a terrible POTUS. Would you take an old black guy in office? How about an old woman over 60? Should 60 be the limit for CEOs and any other positions of power/responsibility? Congress, governorships, any elected office?
    I wanted different and Yang was who I liked.  Beto was a distant 2nd for me.  Who did you want?
    I wanted different and Yang was who I liked.  Beto was a distant 2nd for me.  Who did you want?
    I was Ridin’ with Biden. But would have voted any dem against POOTWH. So far, so good.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Main reason she lost is Jim Comey. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Parksy said:
    OnWis97 said:

Main reason she lost is Jim Comey. 
    Those damn emails again.