Comments

• How do I know if my Massey is original or repress? Thanks 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    How do I know if my Massey is original or repress? Thanks 
    Have you tried asking it?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    The original is 180g. But honestly I wouldn't be too concerned in quality difference
  • dankind said:
    I did. It told me to stop touching it like that
    dankind said:
    I did. It told me to stop touching it like that
    Ah, sounds like we might need to refer this one to HR.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609

• My wife and I introduced our nephew to Neil Young at Massey Hall on vinyl this past summer. He really enjoyed it and was inspired. His piano interpretation of “Old Man” if you are interested.  I think it’s amazing (family bias noted)😏

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FB102Dj17Ok&feature=youtu.be

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Original is 200g.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    goldrush said:
    News from the Archives...
    'Fresh tracks' and a collection from 1987 named "Summer Songs" that is being worked on

The ‘Summer Songs’ album that was only announced last month is now available to stream on NYA!
    Merry Christmas Neil  =)

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Wished I had NYA right now, but I guess it will pop up on Spotify soon.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,707
    Got the shipping notice that my Massey Hall vinyl will be delivered tomorrow. 
  • Neil Young is on Rick Rubins podcast. Last two episodes. 

How is summer songs`?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Some good stuff on the Broken Record podcast with Rubin. Worth a listen with you have a couple of hours.
    Neil Young is on Rick Rubins podcast. Last two episodes. 

How is summer songs`?
    Summer Songs is like a cross between Hitchhiker and Dreamin' Man 92.

It sounds as though it's all from one session (not sure if it actually is) and it's interesting to hear the original solo acoustic versions, without the harmonies and with different lyrics to some of the songs.

(Tim Rogers)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I opened and played Massey Hall last night. I have Carnegie Hall and Young Shakespeare, so I wasn't sure if I should get it. I am glad I did.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Just picked up Massey Hall and the deluxe Rust Bucket set. That one was $34 sealed on eBay. Expecting it to be more with 4 LPs and CDs included. Anyone have it? I listened to it on Spotify when it came out and LOVED IT. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • goldrush said:
    Neil Young is on Rick Rubins podcast. Last two episodes. 

How is summer songs`?
    Summer Songs is like a cross between Hitchhiker and Dreamin' Man 92.

Sounds like it will be really good then
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    Just picked up Massey Hall and the deluxe Rust Bucket set. That one was $34 sealed on eBay. Expecting it to be more with 4 LPs and CDs included. Anyone have it? I listened to it on Spotify when it came out and LOVED IT. 
    Yes it's awesome.  I can't believe you got it for $34.  That's crazy.  I bought it when it first came out and it wasn't very cheap.  
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Can't stop listening to Barn....really a fantastic album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    edited January 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Yes it's awesome.  I can't believe you got it for $34.  That's crazy.  I bought it when it first came out and it wasn't very cheap.  
    I looked at the photos a zillion times before I bought it. It looks legit. A wholesaler with an eBay account. Looking forward to it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited January 2022
    Well this is hell of a start to the new year for me - the new Timeline Concert that is streaming on NYA is my first ever Neil show!  =)

Finsbury Park 93, backed by Booker T & The MGs. It’s so good to hear this in NYA quality audio at long last (shame about RITFW though).

Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
  • The Sockholn 1993 boot I remember sounding really great. Except for when Pearl Jam came out for RITFW. Like they had used another source for that song. 

Maybe worrh getting a month of NYA to listen to this show. 
    Many recent releases (Rust Bucket, Return to Greendale, Young Shakey, etc.) on sale at Rough Trade right now. Half off.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    BIG thanks to @Loujoe for posting the B&N link for Massey! Just grabbed it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    ^Cool. Keep buying that wax. Always room for one more.
  • Kind of sad his ”official bootleg series” is all the 70s. I think. 
  • https://youtu.be/SH9-1RV5j7s

Just found this. What a great version. 
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249

Rust Bucket is absolutely fantastic, probably the best era of Neil with Crazy Horse. Cant wait for the deluxe Ragged Glory release, probably my favourite Neil album
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Edved82 said:

Rust Bucket is absolutely fantastic, probably the best era of Neil with Crazy Horse. Cant wait for the deluxe Ragged Glory release, probably my favourite Neil album
    Same here!  It will be so great to hear that album the way it is supposed to be heard.  The music is so strong yet that original close to an hour long LP pressed on only two sides of vinyl is so pathetically weak and thin sounding.  The reissue should be a real treat!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.