I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah.  my joint I used to go to sells bootlegs by the pile. I don't know anything about the record store biz.  Mainly pretty colored ultra limited imports. Not cheap. Me no likey.
    Garbage.  There’s no point in buying records pressed from cd or something worse.
    What about those 70's shows that were taken from the soundboard?  I had a buddy that would buy any Zeppelin show he could find.
    I just wouldn't pay for a vinyl for that.  We all have those soundboard shows on flac or burned to cd-r. They are all available for public trade too. So why pay for it when it's free and the vinyl is no better?
    I laways wondered if they were out there in the world.  I guess they are now.  It's not something I seek, was just curious.
    yeah absolutely.  Once the internet exploded in teh late 90s, there were lots of people that posted them up on their FTPs.  So you didn't need to B&P anymore, which was really nice.  I collected all those great Zep shows (Knebworth, Dallas 69, Amsterdam, etc.)
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah.  my joint I used to go to sells bootlegs by the pile. I don't know anything about the record store biz.  Mainly pretty colored ultra limited imports. Not cheap. Me no likey.
    Garbage.  There’s no point in buying records pressed from cd or something worse.
    What about those 70's shows that were taken from the soundboard?  I had a buddy that would buy any Zeppelin show he could find.
    I just wouldn't pay for a vinyl for that.  We all have those soundboard shows on flac or burned to cd-r. They are all available for public trade too. So why pay for it when it's free and the vinyl is no better?
    I laways wondered if they were out there in the world.  I guess they are now.  It's not something I seek, was just curious.
    yeah absolutely.  Once the internet exploded in teh late 90s, there were lots of people that posted them up on their FTPs.  So you didn't need to B&P anymore, which was really nice.  I collected all those great Zep shows (Knebworth, Dallas 69, Amsterdam, etc.)
    Do you recall of one where Plant asks the audience if "is there anyone in the audience not on ludes tonight?"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Do you recall of one where Plant asks the audience if "is there anyone in the audience not on ludes tonight?"
    No but if you figure out what it is,  I'm sure I have it and can share.  I think I had every soundboard Zep show that was our there.  Or pretty close at least. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    No but if you figure out what it is,  I'm sure I have it and can share.  I think I had every soundboard Zep show that was our there.  Or pretty close at least. 
    I heard it as a kid and don't remember what show it was but remember him saying that and thought it was funny.

Wish I knew...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    I heard it as a kid and don't remember what show it was but remember him saying that and thought it was funny.

Wish I knew...

take a run through how the west was won. pulled from 2 shows , one sand dog the other la? could swear  he says something to that effect.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

When I ordered this from Turntable lab it said it would be random black or red vinyl. I am happy I got the red. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2021
    GlowGirl said:

When I ordered this from Turntable lab it said it would be random black or red vinyl. I am happy I got the red. 
    I got the translucent pink variant. Great record! Punk classic 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:

He went to their schools. He went their churches. He went to their institutional learning facilities. How could they say he’s crazy? 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    ^^^  I love that song! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 
    I swear it's the only song people know though...

Lights Camera Revolution is the better album.

If you've ever seen these guys live Mike Weir is all over the place.  I am sure he was a very hyper adolescent, lol!

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Neil Young's Live At Massey Hall. Been looking for it for a good long time so delighted!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 

If you've ever seen these guys live Mike Weir is all over the place.  I am sure he was a very hyper adolescent, lol!

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?
    that's the best song. That is why. 

I can sing along to all those family friendly songs.
    Don't wanna be nobody's gardner or work at golden arches and i don't stop until I kill. 
    Last time I saw them I couldn't tie my shoes for a good week.

(full disclosure: I never heard that other record)
    brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?
    I will listen today and let you know. I saw them live once at Terminal 5 in NYC. Spent most of the show in the balcony to avoid getting caught in the mosh which seemed to take up most of the floor. I remember having a great time at the show. 
    Busy out a photo of that slashed up t-shirt. That never will go out of fashion. Your neighbors may run for the hills but who cares.
  • Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?

Don't wanna be nobody's gardner or work at golden arches and i don't stop until I kill. 

I can't listen to it... Too played out for me...  I will argue that You Can't Bring Me Down is their best song.

I saw your Mommy still has teeth for me, the macabre holds a special place in my heart. =)
  • brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?
    Love the shoutout to Canadian golfing legend and 2003 Masters Champion… but I’m sure you meant Mike Muir 😎
    edited December 2021
    Loujoe said:
    Busy out a photo of that slashed up t-shirt. That never will go out of fashion. Your neighbors may run for the hills but who cares.

I used to love to wear this shirt. The safety pins go all the way up the sides as well. I cut up the original and reconstructed it. Alas, I think I am too old to get away with wearing it these days. I should pass it down to one of my nieces. 

Second vinyl delivery of the week. 
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    GlowGirl said:

YES! I have that one as well!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?
    Love the shoutout to Canadian golfing legend and 2003 Masters Champion… but I’m sure you meant Mike Muir 😎
    LOL!  Did I have golfing in my brain?  That's so funny!
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    ^^^  I love that song! 

@GlowGirl
     How does it sound?

I can't listen to it... Too played out for me...  I will argue that You Can't Bring Me Down is their best song.

I saw your Mommy still has teeth for me, the macabre holds a special place in my heart. =)
    ahh yes. I know that, you can't bring me down, song. Great one.

GlowGirl said:
    Loujoe said:

I used to love to wear this shirt. The safety pins go all the way up the sides as well. I cut up the original and reconstructed it. Alas, I think I am too old to get away with wearing it these days. I should pass it down to one of my nieces. 
    a classic, keep it.  (or send to tempo ). Your nieces would likely be brought in for counseling or arrested if they wore that out these days. Merry Christmas all.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2021
    “Possessed to Skate!” That one went with me everywhere in the Walkman or boom box. 

“How Can I Laugh Tomorrow” was another killer track. 

Lombardo was tearing it up with them last show I saw. You’d think he’d take more to the thrashier songs, but he was way more into playing the punk songs. 

That guy is incredible. 

@GlowGirl , whenever you should get whatever type of attorney handles such things (wills and estates, maybe?), please remember to specify that you are to be buried in that shirt. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    GlowGirl said:

Love this album! I have the silver one they released a few years ago.
    dankind said:
    “Possessed to Skate!” That one went with me everywhere in the Walkman or boom box. 

Lombardo was tearing it up with them last show I saw. You’d think he’d take more to the thrashier songs, but he was way more into playing the punk songs. 

That guy is incredible. 

@GlowGirl , whenever you should get whatever type of attorney handles such things (wills and estates, maybe?), please remember to specify that you are to be buried in that shirt. 
    Good idea. Then my skeleton can be wearing skeletons. 
    GlowGirl said:

Love this album! I have the silver one they released a few years ago.
    I love it as well. Glad to finally have it on vinyl. 
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:

That guy is incredible. 

Good idea. Then my skeleton can be wearing skeletons. 

now you have to try it on and model it for us.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• Ordered a bunch of vinyl from Acoustic Sounds and Newbury (one off eBay). Should arrive over the next couple of weeks.