Beware Alert - belinda27

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    mace1229 said:
    She seems to have enough friends here where a few hundred bucks wouldn’t be worth ruining your trade reputation. I may feel different if I was the one out money, but hope everything is ok. Hope the buyers get answers soon and everyone is heathy.
    I would say her trade rep is shot, just an opinion, and I'm not seeing how wishing someone is ok means she gets a free pass or endorses this kind of trading behavior on Lost Dogs. I would say the damage is done, and would be floored if anyone deals with her here again if she resurfaces. 
    I hope she's ok too. But I hate that some people are using that as an excuse as to why she disappears for weeks/months at a time, all the while having people's money and not sending them what they paid for. 

I would be much more empathetic had she not posted twice on her own fb page after I had already paid her. Seems she was doing just fine for at least 7-10 days after taking my money...
    she'll be back in 6 months selling items, and getting the "BUMP FOR A GREAT SELLER" treatment
    Highly doubt that, but if so, I'm sure someone will comment buyer beware and if others want to deal with her down the road that's on them. Historically, people that do this don't come back. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2021
    mace1229 said:
    She seems to have enough friends here where a few hundred bucks wouldn’t be worth ruining your trade reputation. I may feel different if I was the one out money, but hope everything is ok. Hope the buyers get answers soon and everyone is heathy.
    I would say her trade rep is shot, just an opinion, and I'm not seeing how wishing someone is ok means she gets a free pass or endorses this kind of trading behavior on Lost Dogs. I would say the damage is done, and would be floored if anyone deals with her here again if she resurfaces. 
    I hope she's ok too. But I hate that some people are using that as an excuse as to why she disappears for weeks/months at a time, all the while having people's money and not sending them what they paid for. 

I would be much more empathetic had she not posted twice on her own fb page after I had already paid her. Seems she was doing just fine for at least 7-10 days after taking my money...
    she'll be back in 6 months selling items, and getting the "BUMP FOR A GREAT SELLER" treatment
    Highly doubt that, but if so, I'm sure someone will comment buyer beware and if others want to deal with her down the road that's on them. Historically, people that do this don't come back. 
    well apparently they do come back. tell her shes nominated for the new ULTRA GRAIL giveaway see how quick she responds
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mace1229 said:

well apparently they do come back. tell her shes nominated for the new ULTRA GRAIL giveaway see how quick she responds
    Why the hangup with the grails? I always enjoyed participating in those.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mace1229 said:

Has this group gone in on a grail for someone who knowingly scammed others on Lost Dogs? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mace1229 said:

Has this group gone in on a grail for someone who knowingly scammed others on Lost Dogs? 
    its ULTRA GRAIL TIME for ................... belinda27
    mace1229 said:

I'm not following your thinking. What is an ultra grail anyway? This group has never done anything like that before. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mace1229 said:

I'm not following your thinking. What is an ultra grail anyway? This group has never done anything like that before. 
    if you don't know, i can't tell you
    mace1229 said:

How cryptic of you! While we're talking, what's your grail of PJ collecting? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited December 2021
    mace1229 said:

Yeah, not following you at all. Hope you get it all sorted out (and everyone else as well). I also hope that she is doing ok. I think it's beyond clear that most people here wouldn't engage in a transaction with her again. Best of luck.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mace1229 said:

How cryptic of you! While we're talking, what's your grail of PJ collecting? 
    nothing
    She was a grail recipient in 2018. Is it a bit more disappointing? Sure, but the grail didn't come with some kind of behavioral contract moving forward. Good forum people doing shit things like this is messed up. It's rare, but still messed up. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited December 2021
    what I think he's getting at is that there is a perception out there and around here among some folks that the whole grail thing is kind of an "elite circle jerk", not necessarily of anyone really "deserving", just a big grift among a group of friends by getting a bunch of others outside the circle to donate to the cause. 

not saying I agree/disagree; I don't care either way. But I've heard that perspective. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I picked up on that, but didn't go there. Going back and looking at the list, these are folks that someone has wanted to help out, that they know beyond a screen name on a Pearl Jam forum. If the grail thing is the by-product of friendships and you're on the outside looking in and feeling left out, I'm sorry. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Criticizing the charity of and by others or seeing it as a circle jerk (disgusting metaphor BTW) is disappointing to me. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    not my words chris. that's why it was in quotes

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Hey all, clearly I'm avoiding grading term papers! Haha! Good chat today. Happy Christmas and Merry New Year! See you back on the boards in 22'! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I picked up on that, but didn't go there. Going back and looking at the list, these are folks that someone has wanted to help out, that they know beyond a screen name on a Pearl Jam forum. If the grail thing is the by-product of friendships and you're on the outside looking in and feeling left out, I'm sorry. 
    hilarious
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mace1229 said:
    Maybe. If there truly was some sort of emergency and she makes everything right, maybe not. I’d pay the extra 3% on PayPal next time for sure though.
    I think it's more likely people will still possibly deal with her since her items are usually quite rare and sought after, like signed or promo items, as opposed to just finding someone else to buy a vinyl or poster from. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You might be right.
    How does one build a collection like that? Have good connections or just a lot of extra cash (or no kids, I could afford a lot more cool stuff if they weren’t in the picture)? She had some Dave A drumsticks about a year ago I debated about for a day, then they sold. Lots of random cool stuff pops up from her.
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    mace1229 said:

LMAO
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    Hope this all gets sorted out to the buyers’ satisfaction or at least refunded.

I bought a few guitar picks from her last year and everything was on the up and up.  Hoping Belinda is ok.  Communication would be a great start.

Rooting for a solid resolution here.  
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Does anyone know her real name or what state she lives in? I’m just wondering if anyone Googled her to see if anything came up…
    KM73780 said:
    Does anyone know her real name or what state she lives in? I’m just wondering if anyone Googled her to see if anything came up…
    She lives in Australia. I don’t know her real name but several people are FB friends with her and haven’t heard anything.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,039
    KM73780 said:
    Belinda Roberts
    Down Under
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,956
    what I think he's getting at is that there is a perception out there and around here among some folks that the whole grail thing is kind of an "elite circle jerk", not necessarily of anyone really "deserving", just a big grift among a group of friends by getting a bunch of others outside the circle to donate to the cause. 

not saying I agree/disagree; I don't care either way. But I've heard that perspective. 
    I never understood why you would chip in money to get someone you've never met an uber valuable trinket but it's a free country.

I could see a group of friends getting together and doing something similar privately. Nice gesture. The public nature of it struck me weird. That one of the beneficiaries was never embarrassed by it.
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,094
    Hmm. I bought the Australian “surfers” stickers from a woman located in Australia off of eBay. Long story short, they never arrived and she stopped messaging me back. Starting to think this is her…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited December 2021
    pjl44 said:

I never understood why you would chip in money to get someone you've never met an uber valuable trinket but it's a free country.

I could see a group of friends getting together and doing something similar privately. Nice gesture. The public nature of it struck me weird. That one of the beneficiaries was never embarrassed by it.
    Well, you are making some assumptions there.
    First, that people have not met before.  Second, that none of the beneficiaries were embarrassed by it, or at least by the public nature of the community saying thank you for things that were just part of who that person is/how they act.

Do you know either of these assumptions to be true?  (I can say that at least in some instances, they are not.)

My opinion is that it is a kind gesture of people giving, of their own free will, to a fellow fan.
    Of course, as a participant I guess I'm biased.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    pjl44 said:

Well, you are making some assumptions there.
    First, that people have not met before.  Second, that none of the beneficiaries were embarrassed by it, or at least by the public nature of the community saying thank you for things that were just part of who that person is/how they act.

Do you know either of these assumptions to be true?  (I can say that at least in some instances, they are not.)

My opinion is that it is a kind gesture of people giving, of their own free will, to a fellow fan.
    Of course, as a participant I guess I'm biased.  

I agree. The intentions of the grail are always good. I certainly don’t know everyone that has received them, but I enjoy being a part of them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited December 2021
    pjl44 said:

right. the majority of those participating i would guess have never met.  of course some have, i'd bet way more have never.  always had a ponzi vibe to me. but agree, to each their own.  

wonder how many of those who contributed to buy belinda27 a 96 merriweather actually met her.  i wouldn't know the answer, but i'd guess not many. she has actually scammed at least one of the people who contributed to her free gift, go figure.
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on