Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• demetrios said:
    I'm sure Sony will give it a look. Vinyl looks here to stay. 

Crossing fingers. Hopefully the pirated bootleg copies floating around are making the Sony reps talk at the conference table that they need more official Pearl Jam vinyl releases flooding the market. 
    With zero evidence, I feel confident it will be reissued in time. Key is not to bite on these over priced bootlegs or on the secondary market OG pressings. 
    Personally I’m fine with it but I doubt they will. All this secondary market stuff it’s literally the same 100 sellers and same 100 buyers and the same few items changing hands year after year for ever increasing prices 

Demand is vastly amplified in a forum fill of obsessive collectors. I don’t know a single casual Pearl jam fan who would buy a reissue on vinyl of B sides unless there is money in it selling it later. With a reissue that isn’t happening 

I can’t imagine stuff like Riot Act (which happens to be my personal favourite album) sold that many copies of the reissue considering it’s still for sale in the store now. The last thing they want is inventory on hand 4 years later in a market where vinyl is actually popular 

I can’t imagine a Benny re issue would be that different if you remove the financial benefit. Almost all the Bennys I’ve ever seen are still sealed. They aren’t bought and sold to listen to obviously 

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I would LOVE if Pearl Jam went ahead & released say 10,000 copies of Benaroya Hall, reissued on black vinyl for a Record Store Day event. Someday ... Or yet just release 10,000 and sell them exclusively @ the 10club store.
    Benny bump!
  • demetrios said:

Crossing fingers. Hopefully the pirated bootleg copies floating around are making the Sony reps talk at the conference table that they need more official Pearl Jam vinyl releases flooding the market. 
    With zero evidence, I feel confident it will be reissued in time. Key is not to bite on these over priced bootlegs or on the secondary market OG pressings. 
    Personally I’m fine with it but I doubt they will. All this secondary market stuff it’s literally the same 100 sellers and same 100 buyers and the same few items changing hands year after year for ever increasing prices 

Demand is vastly amplified in a forum fill of obsessive collectors. I don’t know a single casual Pearl jam fan who would buy a reissue on vinyl of B sides unless there is money in it selling it later. With a reissue that isn’t happening 

I can’t imagine stuff like Riot Act (which happens to be my personal favourite album) sold that many copies of the reissue considering it’s still for sale in the store now. The last thing they want is inventory on hand 4 years later in a market where vinyl is actually popular 

I can’t imagine a Benny re issue would be that different if you remove the financial benefit. Almost all the Bennys I’ve ever seen are still sealed. They aren’t bought and sold to listen to obviously 

I listen to mine. I bought it sealed on the secondary market and opened it. As it is a valuable record I play it on special occasions. Xmas time is usually one of those times. 
    A few glasses of rum and the Benny cranked. Wonderful evening. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    demetrios said:

I listen to mine. I bought it sealed on the secondary market and opened it. As it is a valuable record I play it on special occasions. Xmas time is usually one of those times. 
    That is an awesome tradition! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    demetrios said:

That’s awesome.  There are probably about 500 out of the 2000 like that wouldn’t you say?

I still think (as much as I personally love that show) that minus the financial benefit there aren’t tens of thousands of people who want that album  as a reissue to listen to if that means it has zero secondary market value.  Vinyl collectors vs vinyl listeners. Vinyl collectors require a value to be associated with an item 

i would listen to a reissue or the OG.  

Now if they reissue it and limit it again then it sells out instantly and no one spins that either 

when I get mine I should post up an unwrapping video 😂

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • demetrios said:

That is an awesome tradition! 
    Thanks! My wife is also a huge fan so we enjoy it together. She has a couple glasses of wine. 
  • demetrios said:

That’s awesome.  There are probably about 500 out of the 2000 like that wouldn’t you say?

I still think (as much as I personally love that show) that minus the financial benefit there aren’t tens of thousands of people who want that album  as a reissue to listen to if that means it has zero secondary market value.  Vinyl collectors vs vinyl listeners. Vinyl collectors require a value to be associated with an item 

Now if they reissue it and limit it again then it sells out instantly and no one spins that either 

I do hear what you are saying. I may be the rarest of all in that I am both a listener and a collector. I spare no expense in protecting the media and the sleeves of all my records. For instance, I had copy of a GITD PJ 20. It sounded like shit of course so I sold it to a collector for about what I paid for it and picked up some other records. I have no use for collecting a record just because it is rare. 
    An open Benny which has been meticulously cared for isn’t worth much less than a sealed one. Sealed records are often called “mint”.  This is incorrect. The owner cannot know the record is mint if it has not been opened. 
    As an owner of the Benny, do I support a RE? Hell yes! I wish more fans could have the opportunity to put to this show on the turntable. I would assume some collectors would think differently and want to keep this rare. Fact is, the OG will always have value, that is how wax collecting works. It doesn’t matter how good the RE is, the OG will always be sought after by collectors. 
    I feel the same about Lost Dogs, another album I bought sealed for about $200US a few years ago. Opened it, play it occasionally.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    demetrios said:
    I would LOVE if Pearl Jam went ahead & released say 10,000 copies of Benaroya Hall, reissued on black vinyl for a Record Store Day event. Someday ... Or yet just release 10,000 and sell them exclusively @ the 10club store.
    This^
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited December 2021
    demetrios said:

I do hear what you are saying. I may be the rarest of all in that I am both a listener and a collector. I spare no expense in protecting the media and the sleeves of all my records. For instance, I had copy of a GITD PJ 20. It sounded like shit of course so I sold it to a collector for about what I paid for it and picked up some other records. I have no use for collecting a record just because it is rare. 
    An open Benny which has been meticulously cared for isn’t worth much less than a sealed one. Sealed records are often called “mint”.  This is incorrect. The owner cannot know the record is mint if it has not been opened. 
    As an owner of the Benny, do I support a RE? Hell yes! I wish more fans could have the opportunity to put to this show on the turntable. I would assume some collectors would think differently and want to keep this rare. Fact is, the OG will always have value, that is how wax collecting works. It doesn’t matter how good the RE is, the OG will always be sought after by collectors. 
    I feel the same about Lost Dogs, another album I bought sealed for about $200US a few years ago. Opened it, play it occasionally.
    I’m probably both as well. Have open listening copies and duplicates that are sealed 

record grading is a joke. I agree sealed doesn’t mean mint.  Open could be mint but many people think shrink wrap condition is graded 

to be honest though no code and YIELD are about the only reissue I can stand to listen to.  So my reissues just sit there unplayed and I still pick up OG pressings. That’s a whole different issue though.  Why they can’t do a reissue that’s better than the original is beyond me.  Haven’t heard a benny on vinyl though so I wouldn’t have anything to compare it to

as long as the trend of inferior reissues continues the owners of the original have nothing to worry about. That market is safe 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • I spin my copy anytime I feel like it! Bought for $45 I believe when it came out. Got mofi sleeves and I take care of it like all my other records. The records still look and sound pristine. Same approach with my lost dogs, og no code, vaults, etc.  I even have many Xmas singles playing in my jukebox. (I remember buying lost dogs used for $50 about 15years ago and feeling like I was being unreasonable!) 
    I respect those who hang on to them like a picture frame or as an investment. It’s just too bad that not more copies are cracked open by someone who would enjoy them as they were meant to be.  
    I hope we do get a regular black copy for all to listen to. I’d be happy having that myself.  And I won’t be disappointed if my original copy drops in value because to me it’s just another record I have and enjoy playing. Obviously I’m aware of the luck I have to own this, but it remains a record I play like the rest of my 450+ records. 
    Anyone want to sell me your extra copy? I promise to open & play it! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    C'mon 10c
    jefft said:
    C'mon 10c

Reissue please!
    Pull a MMJ and reissue your Okonokos PJ!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    demetrios said:

I disagree. However many vault 1 they just sold the Benny would do even better. Anyone with an original would want a backup for cheap. It would sell enough to make worth while.
    Pull a MMJ and reissue your Okonokos PJ!! 

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    jefft said:
    C'mon 10c

I love mine and we spin it regularly. Nobody should be shut out of this pleasure.
  • heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 350
    Would love to see this reissued. There are currently four on Discogs, all various degrees of used, all $2k or more.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22)
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Grab the cd and listen to it using above entry level audio equipment. Clamouring over a record in which Pearl Jam plays an acoustic set is ironic.

Listen to the Unplugged album, Mansfield 2003 opening set, or some Bridge School songs to get your acoustic fill. If the band believed their acoustic stuff was their best, or preferred playing style, they'd be doing it all the time. 

The collectors can salivate over this album's exclusivity and re sell market to their heart's content. I think most long time Pearl Jam fans don't give a hoot about it, and are not waiting on a re release. 
  • philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    I'm good with the inferior bootleg. Apparently the band is too.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Reissue
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    20th Anniversary Reissue next year in 2023. Perfect reasoning.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    BF89905 said:
    Grab the cd and listen to it using above entry level audio equipment. Clamouring over a record in which Pearl Jam plays an acoustic set is ironic.

Listen to the Unplugged album, Mansfield 2003 opening set, or some Bridge School songs to get your acoustic fill. If the band believed their acoustic stuff was their best, or preferred playing style, they'd be doing it all the time. 

The collectors can salivate over this album's exclusivity and re sell market to their heart's content. I think most long time Pearl Jam fans don't give a hoot about it, and are not waiting on a re release. 
    Flawed logic. 
    If most longtime fans “didn’t give a hoot about it” the wax wouldn’t be worth $2500 US. 
  • mace1229 said:
    demetrios said:

I disagree. However many vault 1 they just sold the Benny would do even better. Anyone with an original would want a backup for cheap. It would sell enough to make worth while.
    Agreed. I have an OG and would definitely buy a reissue. I considered buying one of the bootlegs but ended up not doing so.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I have probably averaged less than 1 time a year playing mine since buying new.  I love my records and have opened and played all my OG Pearl Jam.  And if I come across a PJ record at what I feel is a decent price I’ll buy it for my collection.  Hell 7 years ago or so I bought Rearviewmirror that was missing LP3. I already had my OG that I played but I couldn’t resist the price.  If anyone has just LP3 of Rearviewmirror let’s talk :). Meanwhile I might just put LP3 from Walmart with it hahahahahaha.

Oh and yes I’d buy a reissue of Benaroya if they released it.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    Make it happen for Black Friday Record Store Day.
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    demetrios said:

I respectfully disagree that a casual PJ fan would buy a copy of a live / acoustic album... think about the 2000-era bootlegs, that were sold individually in places like Best Buy, etc.. they weren't just copies sold directly from the Ten Club store.  

No one bought those for the financial benefit - it was just awesome to be able to buy live PJ albums from shows you did (or didn't, in my case) attend.  I think this is one of those special shows that would actually appeal to a broader audience, especially if they advertise it as such.  

Genuinely don't see a losing scenario here, as people will DEFINITELY snatch a repress up, even quicker once they see what the originals are going for, these days..
    Loujoe said:
    Reissue