2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    You can't argue that it was the best decision for the spectators and the sport ... an exciting 1 lap finish to a championship season. 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited December 2021
    Jason P said:
    You can't argue that it was the best decision for the spectators and the sport ... an exciting 1 lap finish to a championship season. 
    Agreed. And if Hamilton had pitted, Max would have stayed out, taking the lead. Then it would have been Hamilton on fresh tyres chasing Max that last lap. Mercedes played it safe and it cost them.
  • erebus said:
    Crazy 

didn’t want to see it end that way though 

both Max and Lewis have legitimate beefs
    Max at the start and Lewis at the end

again, wish it was clean with no room for controversy 
    This 
    I dont  think it will end here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Both teams gambled at the end, and it paid off for one, but not the other. Safety car is the great equalizer in F1.  Hate to see the championship decided on a controversial decision, but I understand the decision (let'em race to the end), and no one wants the final race decided by the safety car.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Get_Right said:
    Both teams gambled at the end, and it paid off for one, but not the other. Safety car is the great equalizer in F1.  Hate to see the championship decided on a controversial decision, but I understand the decision (let'em race to the end), and no one wants the final race decided by the safety car.
    Agreed, but looks like it may be decided by lawyers, which will be a shame
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    edited December 2021

erebus said:
    Get_Right said:
    Agreed, but looks like it may be decided by lawyers, which will be a shame

Yep, major dollars on the line. 
    “The FIA Stewards have dismissed Mercedes’ protests against the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix final classification,” Formula 1 said on its official Twitter feed.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    I understand people want the championship to end as a race and not with the safety car but rules should be the rules and not enforced because it makes a better spectacle. There was no way this race shouldn’t have ended under the safety car and with that in mind merc made the right call not to pit. Looks foolish with hindsight once Masi decided to implement his own rules. What an absolute mess! 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
    tino_11 said:
    I understand people want the championship to end as a race and not with the safety car but rules should be the rules and not enforced because it makes a better spectacle. There was no way this race shouldn’t have ended under the safety car and with that in mind merc made the right call not to pit. Looks foolish with hindsight once Masi decided to implement his own rules. What an absolute mess! 
    I'm not sure about that. Mercedes barely had any time to decide whether to pit or not after Latifi hit the wall. There's no way they could have known how long the yellow would go on for.
  • That was bullshit
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Max was nowhere near winning that race, then nicked it on the last lap. This season was never going to end quietly, that’s for sure.

I’m not sure which is worse - seeing Little Man Horner whine like a bitch when they lose, or his smug face when they win.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    tino_11 said:

I think I agree, under Charlie Whiting, the race ends under the safety car. Masi and his team were very inconsistent the last few races with its decisions on cutting corners, track limits, causing contact etc.  Just a shame the championship outcome is the result of a controversial call. Lewis had him beat.
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Get_Right said:
    tino_11 said:

I think I agree, under Charlie Whiting, the race ends under the safety car. Masi and his team were very inconsistent the last few races with its decisions on cutting corners, track limits, causing contact etc.  Just a shame the championship outcome is the result of a controversial call. Lewis had him beat.
    So close....but yet so far
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    tino_11 said:

That was f@#$#d. They (FIA) really seemed to have a focus on providing more actual racing but it was certainly done with inconsistency and questionable choices.  That said I'm glad the DC record still stands tied.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Pap said:
    We all know the story bout Ferrari wright? They will back for sure. 
    Robbert said:
    Pap said:
    We all know the story bout Ferrari wright? They will back for sure. 
    Sooner than later! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Of course they will be back, they get paid extra just to show up ;)

This is a good discussion of the Abu Dhabi madness:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/peterwindsor/videos
    edited December 2021
    Get_Right said: Of course they will be back, they get paid extra just to show up ;)
    And this goes to show how important they are for the world of motorsport.
    Pap said:
    Get_Right said: Of course they will be back, they get paid extra just to show up ;)
    And this goes to show how important they were to the world of motorsport.

Fixed ;)
    Get_Right said:
    Pap said:
    And this goes to show how important they were to the world of motorsport.
    Fixed ;)
    Oh oh i respectfully disagreegif  Friends quotes Quotes Fictional  characters
    I miss the days when BMW, Jaguar, Toyota and Honda were still around 
    two tire/tyre suppliers and when you refueled in the pits. Added a lot more elements to the race
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Drive to Survive season 4 now up, 10 episodes 

cannot wait for the new season to begin! New modifications, hopefully a more competitive field, and some new tracks

and I need a new driver to cheer for now that Kimi retired 
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Looks like Mercedes already pulled a fast one.