I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    Is Flag Day on Prime?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    igotid88 said:
    The Wheel of Time
    https://amzn.to/3DC5M2j
    So excited for this.  Didn’t even realise they were adapting the series.  I watched the first episode last night and was very impressed with the visuals and the world building.

I started reading the series over twenty years ago.  I was very grateful that Jordan had a conclusion written and an outline and a plan in place in preparation for his death.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Been watching The Americans. Really enjoying it. Not sure how I missed this when it first aired.
    Hobbes said:
    Been watching The Americans. Really enjoying it. Not sure how I missed this when it first aired.
    I loved this series.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    Hobbes said:
    I loved this series.
    I miss it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’ve never seen it. On my list now. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,264
    edited November 2021
    Is Flag Day on Prime?
    It's there to rent or buy
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    Hobbes said:
    I loved this series.
    I miss it. 
    Amazing. I saw it on there the other day and contemplated a series rewatch. Probably should do that soon.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited November 2021
    Hobbes said:
    Season 2 episode 9. I'm one of the people sitting in the meeting 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    tbergs said:
    Hobbes said:
    I loved this series.
    I miss it. 
    Amazing. I saw it on there the other day and contemplated a series rewatch. Probably should do that soon.
    I re-watched it twice in the past year and a half. Definitely worth doing. The structure and set-up of season five, imho, pays off better when you don’t have to wait a year-plus for season six to broadcast. I have the series on DVD as well.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    igotid88 said:
    The Wheel of Time
    So excited for this.  Didn’t even realise they were adapting the series.  I watched the first episode last night and was very impressed with the visuals and the world building.

I started reading the series over twenty years ago.  I was very grateful that Jordan had a conclusion written and an outline and a plan in place in preparation for his death.
    Just watch the first episode. Haven’t decided yet, will still watch the next one. Just has that cheesey Twilight vibe to me, like the Shannara Chronicles did.
    igotid88 said:
    Hobbes said:
    The AA meeting? Cool. Did you get to meet Felicity? :grin:
    Hobbes said:
    igotid88 said:
    Hobbes said:
    The AA meeting? Cool. Did you get to meet Felicity? :grin:
    No. But we made eye contact
    I miss igotid88
    mace1229 said:
    igotid88 said:
    The Wheel of Time

Just watch the first episode. Haven’t decided yet, will still watch the next one. Just has that cheesey Twilight vibe to me, like the Shannara Chronicles did.
    Yikes! That’s harsh lol. Poor R. J. must be rolling in his grave. Lol

I like to give something at least three episodes.  If you’re not into it by then, then it’s probably not your thing. Life’s too short, and there are so many choices now, to waste time on something that isn't entertaining you. I still haven’t watch GoT  
    past season two, although I’ve read the series at least a half dozen times.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    Prine channel called "the coda collection" 7 days free then 4.99 a month?

basically a music doc channel.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Coming in September
    The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 1 http://amzn.to/3uNtpU0

I miss igotid88
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    igotid88 said:
    Coming in September
    The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 1 http://amzn.to/3uNtpU0

intrigued..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,483
    I started watching Fleabag the last couple of days. It is pretty funny.
    I started watching Fleabag the last couple of days. It is pretty funny.
    Had forgotten/neglected what Amazon streaming had to offer. A recent read through of this thread inspired me to watch Fleabag. Good stuff, for sure. Also started and have nearly finished Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Highly recommend that one, too.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Wife is making me watch latest Maisel.  I really liked the first few seasons but not liking as much, now.  Loved S1.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Wife is making me watch latest Maisel.  I really liked the first few seasons but not liking as much, now.  Loved S1.  

I continue to be thoroughly pleased with the cinematography, direction, and use of the long take. Truly impressive work.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Hobbes said:

I continue to be thoroughly pleased with the cinematography, direction, and use of the long take. Truly impressive work.
    The long take is for sure something to appreciate.   Really good work by cast and crew, for sure.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,483
    Hobbes said:

The dialogue on the show is great. I love the banter between characters and how it flows together. 
    Hobbes said:

The dialogue on the show is great. I love the banter between characters and how it flows together. 
    Absolutely. They have elevated the use of "fuck" into an artform. Alex Borstein is a gem.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,811
    Hobbes said:
    Hobbes said:

Absolutely. They have elevated the use of "fuck" into an artform. Alex Borstein is a gem.
    lois griffin insult GIF

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    The Boyz season 3 tomorrow. Can't wait. Love that show. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    man, the first two episodes were....interesting. especially that one scene with the two guys. I was cringing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The anus scene? Owww.

Amazon is offering up a Showtime series expiring the end of this month. The End. So good and an unexpected delight (with some heavy shit thrown in).  Makes me think a lot more about euthanasia and how important it is for some.