albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I think Lewis should have stayed out this week, would have probably held on for 3rd

overall pretty uneventful race, thought there would have been more action with the wet track conditions 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Not sure he would. He was losing 2 seconds a lap. Would have maybe been 4th 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    I think Hamilton would have made it. That is F1 these days, crunch the numbers, follow the models.  Perfect example of taking the driver out of the equation.  I enjoyed that race with the weather and all the different strategies.  Love the white Red Bull colorway. Id bet that was supposed to be for Japan.  

Off to Austin next Thursday!  Cannot wait to see cars on track, and I have had these tickets since 2019!
    Off to Austin tomorrow!  Five days of shenanigans and racing!  Look for me on TV, I will be wearing a Red Bull team shirt at turn 12!   =)
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Those stands are packed.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    Hope your enjoying the race get right. Stay hydrated, I hear Coors light does the trick 😜
    That was a nailbighter 

hope you enjoyed the race in person Get Right
    looked like a party going on there

What a great five days in Austin!  Race lived up to the hype and so great to be back at the track seeing F1 cars. They added 4-5 new grandstands and the place was PACKED!  Made for a great spectacle but tons of logistical nightmares. Cars looked great in the Texas sun and the Red Bulls showed up!  The Honda rep on the podium is actually a family friend so it was great to see him up on the podium.  Great trip! Lots of action with Max and Lewis obviously, bit also great battles with Bottas, the Ferraris and the McLarens. Kimi and Alonso also battled right in front of us. Lucky to be at Kimi's last US GP.
    DavidD said:
    Hope your enjoying the race get right. Stay hydrated, I hear Coors light does the trick 😜

So does watered down $19 vodka sodas  =)
    erebus said:
    That was a nailbighter 

hope you enjoyed the race in person Get Right
    looked like a party going on there

Serious party!  140,000 in attendance on Sunday.

• I watched the last half of this and what a fun race w the top 2 competitors going at it for the lead.  I have no idea who anyone else was in the field though, lol.

What was Shaq doing on the podium?  I recognized that 7 foot man right away.  I was surprised he wasn't throwing Shaqaroni's into the crowd.
    Another decent race, happy for Perez

the close battle for the Championship is great, hopefully it comes down to the last race
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Entertaining first lap, bad luck for Bottas!
    I'm getting used to the idea of Verstappen winning the championship but I think that's mostly because I'm not ready for Schumacher's record to be broken...
    edited November 2021
    Rygar said:
    Entertaining first lap, bad luck for Bottas!
    I'm getting used to the idea of Verstappen winning the championship but I think that's mostly because I'm not ready for Schumacher's record to be broken...
    If it doesn't happen this year for Hamilton, it may never happen. New rules are coming and Lewis is 36. 
    Max put his foot down in Mexico.  Title is his for the taking.
    Hamilton now has his work cut out for him.
    Yeah, Max inspects the wing, Lewis gets disqualified.  Best 50K Red Bull ever spent. Sprint should be interesting with Alonso fastest in practice today.
    Exciting start. Don't know how Verstappen is going to hold off Hamilton. 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Just joined on the 17th lap
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Once again, cannot wait for the new rules. Most of the field lapped. Penalties are not a deterrent for Mercedes, and now they have a fresh engine for the final races. Lewis will be champion again.
    no denying he is the best driver, but the car has a lot to do with it also

Everyone says its the car.  That was one of the most impressive weekends I have ever seen by a driver.  The pass on Lando in the sprint race was insane. Mercedes rallied and found more pace with the new engine. Popular opinion is that the next three tracks work in Mercedes favor. They said the same about Austin.  Going to be an exciting finish for sure!
    No denying he was on a mission this weekend 
    but put him in an Alpha Romeo and see how he does
    (let’s see the difference between Russel and Bottas going forward)

yes, hopefully it is an exciting finish
    I find the Middle East tracks boring though, hopefully the drivers will keep it interesting 
    Clearly a difference between the Alpha and the Merc.  Not so sure about the Red Bull though, Max was faster in Austin. What was impressive about Brazil is how Mercedes responded. They have not been dominant this year. Lewis put on a masterclass in overtaking this weekend. 
    Yeah hard to get excited about the last three locations, but looking forward to more of the battle that has entertained me all season!
    erebus said:
    Once again, cannot wait for the new rules. Most of the field lapped. Penalties are not a deterrent for Mercedes, and now they have a fresh engine for the final races. Lewis will be champion again.

I'm not a big Lewis fan, but Lewis in that car is symetry. Bottas is world class, and he doesn't get near the results Hamilton does. 

This reminds me about Trulli (I think) about 10-15 years ago. He started putting an inferior Honda (?) high on the grid for several races. Something happened with the Ferrari drivers and they offered Trulli an in-season conract to join the team. It was his dream job, but he couldn't drive the thing. He just couldn't figure it out and he was all over the shop. 

But, yes, I'm looking forward to the new rules. Hopefully we get more teams competing for the title.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    Everyone says its the car.  That was one of the most impressive weekends I have ever seen by a driver.  The pass on Lando in the sprint race was insane. Mercedes rallied and found more pace with the new engine. Popular opinion is that the next three tracks work in Mercedes favor. They said the same about Austin.  Going to be an exciting finish for sure!
    It is both.  I am not a Hamilton fan but no denying he is one of the best.  That car is also insane, it's another class of racing in comparison to the rest of the field, slightly less so against the Red Bull.

eddiec said:
    erebus said:

I'm not a big Lewis fan, but Lewis in that car is symetry. Bottas is world class, and he doesn't get near the results Hamilton does. 

This reminds me about Trulli (I think) about 10-15 years ago. He started putting an inferior Honda (?) high on the grid for several races. Something happened with the Ferrari drivers and they offered Trulli an in-season conract to join the team. It was his dream job, but he couldn't drive the thing. He just couldn't figure it out and he was all over the shop. 

But, yes, I'm looking forward to the new rules. Hopefully we get more teams competing for the title.
    Wasn't that Fisichella, who was racing with FI and got called up to Ferrari when Massa got Barrachello's spring in the head?

eddiec said:
    erebus said:

Wasn't that Fisichella, who was racing with FI and got called up to Ferrari when Massa got Barrachello's spring in the head?

You're right. I remembered it was one of the Italian drivers.
    Well, Max is in tough now with the penalty. I hope this isn’t one of those races where Lewis laps the field. I foresee him building a huge gap
  • Gasley will be good to watch from p2
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07