Donald Trump

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    myoung321 said:
    You know how can win in 2024? He's way too dumb to think of this himself so it won't happen, but he should come out 100% in favor of the legalization of marijuana. Take one left-leaning policy that nobody is overly against, hijack it, and turn it against the Democrats. They currently have the congress and the presidency, and yet nothing has happened on this front. Trump should (won't, again because he's dumb) argue that.....

-It should be legal everywhere. Enough with doing it state by state. 

-It can be our number one export ("We have the greatest farmers and farmland and they're tremendous and blah blah blah)

-We tax the hell out of it and the money made off it can be put towards [insert good reason to spend tax dollars here]

-We commute all the sentences of non-violent marijuana possession prisoners. On all levels. Kamala Harris, as attorney general of California, put thousands of black guys in jail for petty marijuana convictions. Suddenly, the "white supremacist" is letting black dudes out of the jail, when the "woman of of color" was putting them in. 

A president doesn't have a magic wand to do all this, but it's what he can push for. He needs something new than the usual rhetoric he's spewed for the past six years. 

Don't worry though, he's too dumb to think of this. 
    Agree with every comment, except this issue being "Left Leaning".... This is simple common sense, not left or right. Stop letting them justify these divisions.. Not everything is Left or Right...  

The Left and the Right worked together in the 1930s to pressure FDR to get the New Deal passed. Until we work together on common interest issues nothing will be done for the working class.  "Divide and Conquer" works perfectly in America.
    You watch what Yunnie does to newly legal weed in VA. 
    I don't think so.  In fact, flower just hit the stores two weeks ago.  
    Didn't realize VA was so far along...there's a shit ton of tax $$$$ to collect and spend, (see MA). 

Legalization might not be a true left or right issue, but if Dems legalize it will be perceived as such.

unfortunately politics is about representing voters and the people that like to get stoned just don’t turn out to vote every year in high enough numbers. Dems would be perceived as out of control leftists wanting everyone to get high and enough swing district suburban mom voters who flipped from trump to Biden will flip back to the gop 

Any doubts take a look at what just happened, not only in VA, but how strong the GOP did in NJ which no one expected and also the reds swept thru many suburban NYC local races flipping seats.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    myoung321 said:
    You know how can win in 2024? He's way too dumb to think of this himself so it won't happen, but he should come out 100% in favor of the legalization of marijuana. Take one left-leaning policy that nobody is overly against, hijack it, and turn it against the Democrats. They currently have the congress and the presidency, and yet nothing has happened on this front. Trump should (won't, again because he's dumb) argue that.....

-It can be our number one export ("We have the greatest farmers and farmland and they're tremendous and blah blah blah)

-We tax the hell out of it and the money made off it can be put towards [insert good reason to spend tax dollars here]

-We commute all the sentences of non-violent marijuana possession prisoners. On all levels. Kamala Harris, as attorney general of California, put thousands of black guys in jail for petty marijuana convictions. Suddenly, the "white supremacist" is letting black dudes out of the jail, when the "woman of of color" was putting them in. 

A president doesn't have a magic wand to do all this, but it's what he can push for. He needs something new than the usual rhetoric he's spewed for the past six years. 

Agree with every comment, except this issue being "Left Leaning".... This is simple common sense, not left or right. Stop letting them justify these divisions.. Not everything is Left or Right...  

The Left and the Right worked together in the 1930s to pressure FDR to get the New Deal passed. Until we work together on common interest issues nothing will be done for the working class.  "Divide and Conquer" works perfectly in America.
    Didn't realize VA was so far along...there's a shit ton of tax $$$$ to collect and spend, (see MA). 

Legalization might not be a true left or right issue, but if Dems legalize it will be perceived as such.

unfortunately politics is about representing voters and the people that like to get stoned just don’t turn out to vote every year in high enough numbers. Dems would be perceived as out of control leftists wanting everyone to get high and enough swing district suburban mom voters who flipped from trump to Biden will flip back to the gop 

Any doubts take a look at what just happened, not only in VA, but how strong the GOP did in NJ which no one expected and also the reds swept thru many suburban NYC local races flipping seats.
    We didn't expect to see it as close as it was but this is the first time a Dem Governor incumbent won reelection in a long time.
    The hate is strong, here in NJ, especially in the less populated areas. Especially hate for anyone trying to tell people what they can/cannot do.  In that way the Red strong showing was predictable.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ikiT said:
    myoung321 said:

We didn't expect to see it as close as it was but this is the first time a Dem Governor incumbent won reelection in a long time.
    The hate is strong, here in NJ, especially in the less populated areas. Especially hate for anyone trying to tell people what they can/cannot do.  In that way the Red strong showing was predictable.

NJ is supposed to be bluer now than it was decades ago, so I’m not sure if that long time comparison is therapeutic for Dems. This was mostly about off year turnout.Progressives on the hill have been quite aggressive pushing significant reform and govt intervention for solving economic and climate problems. This era, beginning with Obamas win 13 years ago, was supposed to be different because of passionate young voters, but millennials are proving they are just as unreliable as older Dems when it comes to showing up to vote. And transformational change requires voters to show up every year.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited November 2021
    Did anyone see this new SNL cast member James Austin Johnson's Trump impression? It's terrific. Not just the voice and whatnot, but he has Trump's bizarre stream of consciousness way of thinking/talking down pat. Light years better than Alec Baldwin's impression. Check it out. He joins the sketch at the 4-minute mark after some Aaron Rodgers and Glenn Youngkin stuff....

https://youtu.be/CU-WdnXJabs
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    It was great.  And I loved that they put the words on the side like an ESPN sports talk show.  Hilarious.  The only problem is that he looks too young. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I laughed as I listened to the voice...I think there are spots where he fell out but there were spots where he nails it.  Sure it will get better and better.
    I also though the appearance was off -- much better to make a caricature of a walking caricature, the way they did with Alec Baldwin.  Nowhere near as bloated, old, orange, and messed up hair. 
    Cecily Strong was the person who cracked me up the most, thought she was hilarious.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mrussel1 said:
    It was great.  And I loved that they put the words on the side like an ESPN sports talk show.  Hilarious.  The only problem is that he looks too young. 
    The appearance didn't bug me at all, since the audio and mannerisms were so on point. Without the visuals, I honestly would've believed it was Trump. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited November 2021
    I laughed as I listened to the voice...I think there are spots where he fell out but there were spots where he nails it.  Sure it will get better and better.
    I also though the appearance was off -- much better to make a caricature of a walking caricature, the way they did with Alec Baldwin.  Nowhere near as bloated, old, orange, and messed up hair. 
    Cecily Strong was the person who cracked me up the most, thought she was hilarious.
    I'd rather the material be on-point than the look. I could listen to a radio show of this guy parodying Trump. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    He does a better tRump than he does Biden.  I still like Baldwin's tRump though....total clown
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited November 2021
    He does a better tRump than he does Biden.  I still like Baldwin's tRump though....total clown
    I think Biden’s probably hard to do an impression of because he’s so bland. Obama was similar. Even Jason Sudekis didn’t sound or act at all like Biden for his impression. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He got the job because of his rambling Trizzy.  

Cecily Strong is one of my all time favorite cast members.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I think Biden’s probably hard to do an impression of because he’s so bland. Obama was similar. Even Jason Sudekis didn’t sound or act at all like Biden for his impression. 
    Peele did an excellent Obama.. especially the skit with him smoking weed in college.  Friggin' hilarious with his "righteous bud". 
  • mrussel1 said:
    Peele did an excellent Obama.. especially the skit with him smoking weed in college.  Friggin' hilarious with his "righteous bud". 
    Yeah that was good. Maybe the issue with trying to play Biden is he doesn’t have a distinctive voice. So even if Obama isn’t much of a character, if you can do the voice, you can make him into a character. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I loved Sudekis' Biden. He didn't really look or sound like him but he was a funny caricature 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    I loved Sudekis' Biden. He didn't really look or sound like him but he was a funny caricature 
    all in the implied attitude. "corvette joe" as opposed to "uncle joe"

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mickeyrat said:

was thinking his recent portrayal when he hosted a few weeks ago.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

No shit. I gotta watch that. This week was the first SNL I've seen this year. I think it was better than most of last year actually. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

No shit. I gotta watch that. This week was the first SNL I've seen this year. I think it was better than most of last year actually. 

I think the Weekend Update segment from Sudekis' hosting week was fantastic.  I actually laughed out loud a handful of times, which usually happens about that many times throughout the entire show.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I could see Dana Carvey doing a good Biden impression.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Utterly delusional... 

https://youtu.be/fxXy8aHpL7c
  • Successful businessman? Suckers. Me guesses this is an indication that POOTWH's not running again. Cashing out as he's gonna need the funds to keep the house of cards from collapsing. I mean, really, why, if it was so successful and you were earning so much money from it and planned to return to DC and do it all over again, would you sell? $375M and the POOTWH name comes down. So sad!

Former President Donald Trump racked up more than $70 million in losses over a four-year period from his Washington, DC, hotel, while publicly claiming that the hotel was making more than tens of millions of dollars, according to documents released by the House Oversight Committee. CNN's Brian Todd has more.

Trump Organization reaches $375M deal to sell rights to DC hotel: report | TheHill

Maybe the new ownership group can buy some Hunter Biden fine art works and decorate the rooms and lobby with them?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited November 2021
    Successful businessman? Suckers. Me guesses this is an indication that POOTWH's not running again. Cashing out as he's gonna need the funds to keep the house of cards from collapsing. I mean, really, why, if it was so successful and you were earning so much money from it and planned to return to DC and do it all over again, would you sell? $375M and the POOTWH name comes down. So sad!

Former President Donald Trump racked up more than $70 million in losses over a four-year period from his Washington, DC, hotel, while publicly claiming that the hotel was making more than tens of millions of dollars, according to documents released by the House Oversight Committee. CNN's Brian Todd has more.

Trump Organization reaches $375M deal to sell rights to DC hotel: report | TheHill

Maybe the new ownership group can buy some Hunter Biden fine art works and decorate the rooms and lobby with them?
    It has to drive you nuts that Trump hasn’t been held accountable for anything he has done.  I don’t like Trump but it has to get old posting negative things about him and nothing ever coming from it.  

Lesson:  if you want to get away with stuff become President.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,478
    edited November 2021
    Successful businessman? Suckers. Me guesses this is an indication that POOTWH's not running again. Cashing out as he's gonna need the funds to keep the house of cards from collapsing. I mean, really, why, if it was so successful and you were earning so much money from it and planned to return to DC and do it all over again, would you sell? $375M and the POOTWH name comes down. So sad!

It has to drive you nuts that Trump hasn’t been held accountable for anything he has done.  I don’t like Trump but it has to get old posting negative things about him and nothing ever coming from it.  

Drive me nuts? No, just sad watching our country slip into a white nationalist authoritarian banana republic.

You don’t need to become POTUS or a POOTWH to get away with shit, just become obscenely wealthy through inheritance or gritting. Wealth allows all manner of scumbaggery with little to no consequences.

You seem okay with the events of 1/6?

There is an ignore feature if my nuttiness bothers you so much.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

Drive me nuts? No, just sad watching our country slip into a white nationalist authoritarian banana republic.

You don’t need to become POTUS or a POOTWH to get away with shit, just become obscenely wealthy through inheritance or gritting. Wealth allows all manner of scumbaggery with little to no consequences.

That’s some accusation to make. Wow. 
  • nicknyr15 said:

Do the events of 1/6 drive you nuts or are you okay with them as "meh" it was a tourist visit? Notice the question mark? Its not a declarative statement or an accusation. I'm sure Bootlegger is capable of responding.

Brilliantati©
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:

Do the events of 1/6 drive you nuts or are you okay with them as "meh" it was a tourist visit? Notice the question mark? Its not a declarative statement or an accusation. I'm sure Bootlegger is capable of responding.
    You seem ok …. Is not typically how a question starts. But ok. Try “Are you ok” next time. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

I am not okay with the events of January 6th.  I think Trump should have been impeached for his behavior that day when he did not take action right away to at a minimum publicly tweet or state that storming the Capitol was wrong, the people should go home, and the people entering the Capitol should be prosecuted.  

Biden getting infrastructure done has got to get under Trump's skin
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.