Succession- HBO

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Solid couple episodes so far. You guys caught up?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lots of laughs over the 1.5 seasons I watched but I tired of hating every single character.
    If memory serves there was not a single main character i didn't want to see a bus drive over, repeatedly

There have been other shows where everyone has flaws but I struggled with this one.
    Interesting you would say this because this is EXACTLY where I'm at. I've only just begun the series and I'm through the first three episodes. There's some good stuff in this show so I want to give it a chance, but so far, I can't fucking stand Shiv and Roman. Shiv especially. Kendall's okay....so far. And the young cousin that's trying to get a job has potential, but overall, I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking around. 

I don't have an issue with characters being assholes. Seinfeld, It's Always Sunny, and many other shows I love have this characteristic. But at least you can be entertained by their assholery. Shiv and Roman are NOT entertaining so far....for me. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Lots of laughs over the 1.5 seasons I watched but I tired of hating every single character.
    If memory serves there was not a single main character i didn't want to see a bus drive over, repeatedly

There have been other shows where everyone has flaws but I struggled with this one.
    Interesting you would say this because this is EXACTLY where I'm at. I've only just begun the series and I'm through the first three episodes. There's some good stuff in this show so I want to give it a chance, but so far, I can't fucking stand Shiv and Roman. Shiv especially. Kendall's okay....so far. And the young cousin that's trying to get a job has potential, but overall, I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking around. 

I don't have an issue with characters being assholes. Seinfeld, It's Always Sunny, and many other shows I love have this characteristic. But at least you can be entertained by their assholery. Shiv and Roman are NOT entertaining so far....for me. 
    It is a fantastic drama. Stick with it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Lots of laughs over the 1.5 seasons I watched but I tired of hating every single character.

Yeah I'm gonna try. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I still need to watch this one. I've caught a few bits and pieces flipping channels but haven't watched long enough to get an opinion.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Yep.  This is the best show on TV.  Rewatched the first 2 seasons before season 3 since it had been so long and those first 2 seasons were even better than I remembered.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I'm intending to go back and watch from 2.5 on, since my hatred of the characters may have died down some and so many people who have similar likes say it is worth sticking with.
    At some point....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    anyone else creeped the f out by the theme song?  usually HBO has great music, but man that opening montage and music is just creepyas hell to me.

good 2 episodes so far this season.  Agree with the guy above that every character is unlikeable.   Still good show though.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'm going to do a full binge from the beginning of the series. It's been too long since I saw seasons 1 and 2. Can't wait!!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjhawks said:
    anyone else creeped the f out by the theme song?  usually HBO has great music, but man that opening montage and music is just creepyas hell to me.

good 2 episodes so far this season.  Agree with the guy above that every character is unlikeable.   Still good show though.
    It’s supposed to be creepy as hell. The rotten weird ass children being raised in extreme wealth and the resulting issues are what we are watching. It’s perfect music.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm going to do a full binge from the beginning of the series. It's been too long since I saw seasons 1 and 2. Can't wait!!!!

Same. Loved it but forgot most of the twists.
    pjhawks said:

It’s supposed to be creepy as hell. The rotten weird ass children being raised in extreme wealth and the resulting issues are what we are watching. It’s perfect music.
    Best theme song on tv. Love it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah I'm gonna try. 
    Through the first season and enjoying it. Here’s my favorite scene thus far….

https://youtu.be/dIgW5QaT65Y

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Thought this weeks episode was the best yet.  So good
    Yeah shit got pretty real this week.  What a stunt by Kendall playing "Rape Me" while Shiv was giving her town hall speech.  And then she comes back with that brutal statement that Connor and Roman wouldn't put their names on.  The gloves are off.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just started this show last night. 3 episodes in and I had to hit the sack. plan on some more bingin' tonight. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You're going to love it Hugh.

This week's episode was awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I've binged it over the past week or so to catch up, but here's a question: How did Greg end up as Kendall's sidekick? I know Kendall set him up with a place to live, but it seemed that Greg was still very much with the family at the end of season 2, but in episode one of season 3, he was Kendall's gofer. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I've binged it over the past week or so to catch up, but here's a question: How did Greg end up as Kendall's sidekick? I know Kendall set him up with a place to live, but it seemed that Greg was still very much with the family at the end of season 2, but in episode one of season 3, he was Kendall's gofer. 
    Greg was with Kendall at that press conference at the end of season 2.  They had sent Greg with him when he flew back to NYC to do the press conference.  They never showed it specifically but assume on that flight is when Greg showed him the evidence he had...
    edited November 2021
    I've binged it over the past week or so to catch up, but here's a question: How did Greg end up as Kendall's sidekick? I know Kendall set him up with a place to live, but it seemed that Greg was still very much with the family at the end of season 2, but in episode one of season 3, he was Kendall's gofer. 
    He's a waffler who has no real idea what he's doing, which is part of what makes him so funny. So my guess is he just assumed he thought it was in his best interest to give Kendal the proof of the cruise stuff so he could hopefully have a better role in the company if Kendal took over? I sort of remember him telling Ken that he had that leverage midway through the last season. Could be wrong though..
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    He's a waffler who has no real idea what he's doing, which is part of what makes him so funny. So my guess is he just assumed he thought it was in his best interest to give Kendal the proof of the cruise stuff so he could hopefully have a better role in the company if Kendal took over? I sort of remember him telling Ken that he had that leverage midway through the last season. Could be wrong though..
    And he wants to sue Greenpeace :lol:

• I've binged it over the past week or so to catch up, but here's a question: How did Greg end up as Kendall's sidekick? I know Kendall set him up with a place to live, but it seemed that Greg was still very much with the family at the end of season 2, but in episode one of season 3, he was Kendall's gofer. 
    Greg was with Kendall at that press conference at the end of season 2.  They had sent Greg with him when he flew back to NYC to do the press conference.  They never showed it specifically but assume on that flight is when Greg showed him the evidence he had...
    Yeah it almost feels as if there’s a missing scene and that might be it. 

He’s hilarious. One of the best TV characters I’ve seen in years. I’m invested. Like, I was concerned when Kendall was implying that Greg might have to take the fall lol 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Ken- "I might have to burn you. Are you good with that?" 
    Greg- "Wait...what?...I mean...no. That doesn't sound good"

hahaha

Then at the end of the episode when Ken was on stage Greg goes "he's so annoying." hahah....that dude is hilarious
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yep.  Greg might be the best character on TV right now.  I keep thinking he might come out on top at the end of all this after all the siblings tear each other apart.  That would be great!
  • Yep.  Greg might be the best character on TV right now.  I keep thinking he might come out on top at the end of all this after all the siblings tear each other apart.  That would be great!
    The spectrum of end possibilities for Greg range from Logan’s successor to prison wife. Same goes for Tom. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Anytime Greg and Tom are on screen together, it's pure gold.  
    Yeah I am absolutely rooting for Greg to somehow head the company by the end of the show
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I'm not reading any of these comments for fear of spoilers being only in season 1, but I am loving this show. 6 episodes in three days (that's a lot for me: I have a family after all lol). I have this weird feeling that Greg is somehow going to be a major player in season 2/3. (The last episode I just watched he and Tom went out partying after Greg shredded everything). 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    the dialogues in the show are epic 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I hope Tom joins Kendall and tells Shiv to fuck right off. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: