Options

Succession- HBO

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    just read a rolling stone article that they shot that shiv-finding-out scene of 30 minutes non-stop and uncut. they had several cameras in several different locations and reels ready to change out when they ran out. crazy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    that was one of the most unexpected character deaths ever. i mean, it was foreshadowed in previous shows/seasons, but nothing leading up to the actual event. just...normalcy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    edited April 2023
    that was one of the most unexpected character deaths ever. i mean, it was foreshadowed in previous shows/seasons, but nothing leading up to the actual event. just...normalcy. 
     It was like real life. And all the kids' reactions we're exactly what you expected them to be like. 

Made me think of what my initial reaction will be when one of my parents pass. 

Also--all great shows are not afraid to kill off main characters. So I am pleased to announce that Succession has finally met the last Juggler threshold to all time greatness territory!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
     It was like real life. And all the kids' reactions we're exactly what you expected them to be like. 

Also--all great shows are not afraid to kill off main characters. So I am pleased to announce that Succession has finally met the last Juggler threshold to all time greatness territory!
    and because of how they filmed it, much of Roman's and Shiv's dialogue in the room when they were alone was totally improvised. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

and because of how they filmed it, much of Roman's and Shiv's dialogue in the room when they were alone was totally improvised. 
    So impressive
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Give this show all of the awards
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Yeah that was wild.  At first I kept thinking that Logan was pulling something on them since they weren't showing his body at all but then it became clear it was real.  Incredible episode.
  • Options
    Yeah that was wild.  At first I kept thinking that Logan was pulling something on them since they weren't showing his body at all but then it became clear it was real.  Incredible episode.
    Yep that is exactly what I thought too. At one point Roman even wondered if it was some kind of test or something. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I feel the like this is going to end up with Shiv as the most powerful one of them all, with Kendall and Roman being left in the dust. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Roman was a little...shall we say...unhinged in his co-ceo duties last episode lol

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    I feel the like this is going to end up with Shiv as the most powerful one of them all, with Kendall and Roman being left in the dust. 

Agree. Feel like Shiv and Tom are going to make a power play.
  • Options
    I thought there was only two episodes left but there are four. So I think we are still in for plenty of twists and turns. Currently, it does look like Shiv will end up with the most power, but things change so quickly.

That one scene with her and Rome and Ken in that board room was pretty telling though. The camera was behind her as she was facing them. Reminded me of the opening sequence with Logan's back to the camera leading some meeting. That's when she was like "You guys are bad at this yada yada yada...."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

...or not.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:

...or not.
    It's such a week to week thing with this show. That's why it's so great.

Thought Greg laying off those hundreds of people was both hilarious...but also sad at the same time. Those poor people.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:

...or not.

Correct and also why I've given up trying to guess what's going to happen and will just be enjoying the ride from here on out.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:

...or not.

Correct and also why I've given up trying to guess what's going to happen and will just be enjoying the ride from here on out.
    I am still hoping Ken wins out. I wonder if there are betting odds on how it will win somewhere....

Heard the finale is 90 minutes long. Sad that it's ending but so excited to see what happens...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I really hope Ken DOESN'T win. he's a buffoon with shitty ideas. Shiv is by far the smartest of the 3. 

maybe Gerri takes over! LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    edited May 2023
    I don't even know who I want to win.  They're all such awful people.  Gerri taking over would be great!

That Tom/Shiv argument has been coming since the series started....what a scene.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I loved Tom finally letting it all out. I can’t stand Shiv. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Imagine being fired by Cousin Greg?

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    I really hope Ken DOESN'T win. he's a buffoon with shitty ideas. Shiv is by far the smartest of the 3. 

maybe Gerri takes over! LOL

I don't think Shiv is truly the smartest of the 3. I think she's gained that perception by being "outside" the business for so long and letting Ken and to a lesser extent Roman look like idiots in front of everybody. 

Shiv has kind of always seemed to kind of flip back and forth between who she thinks gives her the best chance. This season is a perfect example. 
  • Options
    I rewatched that scene yesterday. "Ah, umm...there seems to be some confusion in the chat..." 

hahahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I rewatched that scene yesterday. "Ah, umm...there seems to be some confusion in the chat..." 

hahahaha
    lol so good

• Options

hahahaha

And then acting like a hardass...well, attempting to, in front of Matsson and his crew
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Jumb0 said:

hahahaha

And then acting like a hardass...well, attempting to, in front of Matsson and his crew
    Greg has sort of morphed to the dark side over the course of the 4 seasons. I mean he's always been about getting a piece of the pie. But he's not as innocent as before. First season or two, he did as he was told but he would tell Tom that he believed it was wrong and stuff. I think he even refused to do something for ATN once. Now he's kind of a bumbling killer. That scene with him making the editor adjust Logan's words was telling too....as well as being hilarious of course. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    The funniest thing about that scene where Greg fires people is that when the scene began, I thought be may be auditioning to be a new ATN anchor. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Re: Mattson and his crew:

Is there any possibility that his team is messing with the Roy clan and pretending that things are a mess in terms of India, ..ect? The comms lady seems way too smart to just openly divulge secret intel to Kendal and Roman. Or is she that pissed at Mattson?

• Options
    I think she's that pissed. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think she's that pissed. 
    I'm inclined to agree with ya - i guess it's just a credit to the show's plot twists that i'm never comfortable with one theory. 

• Options
    I may have to rewatch last night's ep. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com