What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    I’m not a big fan of that Momoa guy (overhyped) but it looks good. Visually cool. Probably gonna watch this weekend.

Never saw the original either. Or Momoa in anything :lol:
    Hahaha.  Wait, why is he overhyped if you have never seen him in anything?

He seems like a cool guy and some women do seem to swoon over his looks but he is an average actor, imo.
    Lots of commercials, and that “dreamy” tag some chicks go apeshit over.

Poncier, :lol:

GG, I so want to see that. Petty is one of my favorites. Even have him on my cane =)

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    I’m not a big fan of that Momoa guy (overhyped) but it looks good. Visually cool. Probably gonna watch this weekend.

He seems like a cool guy and some women do seem to swoon over his looks but he is an average actor, imo.
    my sister melts any time his name is mentioned. i hate when his name is mentioned. 

I am inclined to like him for his role as Khal Drogo....and then I subsequently saw a bunch of things showing a mix of good deed sort of things he has done and he seems cool.  One of my sister in laws said Aquaman was amazing.  I watched it and laughed at most of it.  When I asked she said she only paid attention to him and not the actual movie.   
    aquaman was god awful. 

he was good in GoT as Drogo. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

GG, I so want to see that. Petty is one of my favorites. Even have him on my cane =)

The documentary was really good. It made me sad though. I did come immediately home from the movie theater and ordered Wildflowers on vinyl. Did you see the Bogdanovich documentary on him? I really enjoyed that one as well.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

The documentary was really good. It made me sad though. I did come immediately home from the movie theater and ordered Wildflowers on vinyl. Did you see the Bogdanovich documentary on him? I really enjoyed that one as well.

I haven’t. I typically like Bogdanovich (except for how he “turned” in The Sopranos).
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I haven’t. I typically like Bogdanovich (except for how he “turned” in The Sopranos).
    I think you can watch the Bogandovich one free on some streaming services. I think I watched it on Amazon Prime at one point. It is almost 4 hours long. It is a really detailed retrospective of his life.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited October 2021

The only one of the series I saw in theaters. I remember it being decent, although everything before except the original were pretty subpar.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Just finished Dune.... I like it, looking forward to the next one. Just like BR2049, I love movies like this. The landscape/visual, music, use your mind and attention span to understand what's going on, etc... Good stuff....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2021
    Attaway77 said:
    Just finished Dune.... I like it, looking forward to the next one. Just like BR2049, I love movies like this. The landscape/visual, music, use your mind and attention span to understand what's going on, etc... Good stuff....
    In what way would one need their "mind" to understand what is going on in Dune? It's a space opera just stuck on Tattooine. 

The attention span I understand, with Villeneuve believing that "a slow pace, and lingering shots of spaceships landing or taking of" equals depth and makes any script serious. 

In spite of the films length, it felt to me like a Powerpoint presentation of events. It just went through the motions and never landed - whether in dramatic moments or the action sequences. 

But I still liked it enough going to the cinema for it. And kind of brave of Warner Brothers to throw money at the project.

I kind of wish, dare I say it - it would have more of the political intrigue of the Star Wars prequels thrown in - and less of the basic fantasy space opera without any real panache in telling it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergs said:

The only one of the series I saw in theaters. I remember it being decent, although everything before except the original were pretty subpar.
    I think it is a nice "tribute" to the original films (part 1 and 2) and ways better to me than the 2018 film and the horrific Halloween Kills. Especially when it comes to the Laurie Strode-character.

Here; living with the trauma of what happened to her 20 years ago, but still trying to function (using lies, pills and alcohol).

Versus in Halloween2018 just playing a stereotypical village loon that Sarah-Connor-doomsdaying over a man who attacked 3-4 people one night 40 years ago.

But at the same time H20 feels weirdly rushed - using 4 different masks during shooting (one CGI) but never nailing the look of Myers, the short runtime (like 80 minutes) etc. 

But I do think it has a kind-of-working thing going with mixing respect for the original film AND the Dawsons Creek-horror of the late 90s.

WORTH A HALLOWEEN REWATCH FOR ANYONE IN THIS THREAD.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited October 2021
    All cheerleaders die which is about hot lesbian cheerleaders with cannibal tendencies. 
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    All cheerleaders die which is about hot lesbian cheerleaders with cannibal tendencies. 
    You had me at hot lesbian cheerleaders
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Aquaman
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    dankind said:
    Aquaman
    Can you confirm whether Jason Momoa has a small or large part?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773

Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Aquaman
    Can you confirm whether Jason Momoa has a small or large part?
    Is she the redhead?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The redhead is that fuckhole J Depp's punching bag
    Only thing that made that movie watchable.

FDepp
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    This took literally a year to show up in the mail from Netflix.  Worth the wait!  Hadn't seen it in ages, still a great movie!
    Falling Down 1993 - IMDb

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The redhead is that fuckhole J Depp's punching bag

FDepp
    You should read up.
    The redhead is that fuckhole J Depp's punching bag

FDepp
    You should read up.

You should assume less.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    DUNE

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    ikiT said:
    DUNE

How was it? Heard good things about it. Haven’t seen the original one in ages.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    brianlux said:
    This took literally a year to show up in the mail from Netflix.  Worth the wait!  Hadn't seen it in ages, still a great movie!
    Falling Down 1993 - IMDb

Maybe his best role..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    ikiT said:
    DUNE

How was it? Heard good things about it. Haven’t seen the original one in ages.
    I liked it. The pace of it was pretty good, It looked great, and the kid is a pretty good actor.  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Halloween (78')  Classic!  Top 5 movie for me. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.