Memories,Meetings,Memorabilia and the story and pictures behind them.

Comments

• Loujoe said:
    i just found i had these in an old tool  box of all places. 
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/281586/setlist-hunters-post-your-pics#latest
    Post them here if you want. Cool to see a bunch of different setlists in one spot.
    I will thank you i have a few more too.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Hot! brother from another
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    edwho said:
    JH6056 said:
    Wow, quite a collection! I want to hear any stories you are willing to tell, but I am *especially* wanting to hear show (and before/after show) details of Frank Zappa, David Bowie, and RICHARD PRYOR LIVE???  Wow, how were those?

Ok, Richard Pryor. I'll write on that. Definitely before/after to this. But deeper then just the concert. About a time in the life of a white Chicago teen and his diverse friends playing records by this outrageous black comedian on the back stairs on a portable record player. On these recording Richard spoke and joked about things we knew well and about things we didn't know quite so well - yet. Another thing about the records was the audience could be heard laughing even when Richard Pryor wasn't talking.  So you knew there was more to it. Had to see a show.  

A show on the tour I saw in 1983 was filmed and officially released. It’s called Here and Now.

These were sober times for Richard Pryor and he talked to Johnny Carson about that year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuV1tgw-YII

It may take a while to put together. So many of you write so beautifully, I may ask someone to read my post before I post it.

I missed this before, that is amazing, I love the imagery of you & your friends and a portable record player and both all the stuff you did know and all the stuff you didn't yet know.  About how old were you guys?  On  Richard Pryor record I'm sure there was plenty to learn...

Really hope you do write up what it was like to see him live then. 

I was a kid and saw Eddie Murphy live in LA on the Raw tour, my aunt took me and my cousin.  Part of his routine was about angry Black moms throwing shoes at kids like ninjas, and my cousin & I looked right at my aunt because she'd thrown shoes at my cousin!

It was at the LA Forum, and while from a comedy point of view it was definitely a historical era, for me that night was most meaningful because at some point in the show Murphy told a joke about Stevie Wonder and then said he was in the audience.  This was one of the 1st times I was like "Oh, Stevie Wonder is here? We are finding him after this show" and I was a KID! And... we found him!  So that show was most memorable for me as the 1st of 2 times I met Stevie Wonder, who is one of my favorite artists from the time I was wee to now. Forever.
    edited October 2021
    Super cool! I now have an image of your house as somewhere that, like you drop something behind your couch and when you move the couch to get it you find precious rock memorabilia, like a drum head or an actual guitar!  B)
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Its been tough because  i had lived in a house  for years and had space  for "stuff". I got divorced and had to leave stuff at family or friends  or pack it all in such small  spaces. So i sold  all my posters for well to little and kept the small  gems.  I moved into a house with my partner and youngest  daughter  now im spreading out and finding some cool stuff. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I found these also . I took these from a railing before the Shepards bush show. Now i thought i will decorate my shed. Excise the dirt on the window. The builders  look like they crapped on it. I will get to cleaning it now!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    Awesome stories! 
     Mine is lackluster, in comparison- a long time ago a friend and I went to see Tom Morello as The Nightwatchman in SF. Good show, I remember Ike Reilly was really good. We bought a shirt, and they gave us a little sandisk sticker, and informed us we could line-up and have a meet'n'greet with Tom Morello because we purchased merch. Excited, we were in line, and I wanted to thank him for a playing tip he had shared in a then recent guitar mag.-but when sat down across the table- I couldnt say anything. We had a "sharpie" moment was all. He initialed my tix.stub.   Someone I have really admired- and I couldnt say "...Thanks for telling boys and girls, to lean on the F sharp."  -darn! 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited October 2021
    NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 
     Mine is lackluster, in comparison- a long time ago a friend and I went to see Tom Morello as The Nightwatchman in SF. Good show, I remember Ike Reilly was really good. We bought a shirt, and they gave us a little sandisk sticker, and informed us we could line-up and have a meet'n'greet with Tom Morello because we purchased merch. Excited, we were in line, and I wanted to thank him for a playing tip he had shared in a then recent guitar mag.-but when sat down across the table- I couldnt say anything. We had a "sharpie" moment was all. He initialed my tix.stub.   Someone I have really admired- and I couldnt say "...Thanks for telling boys and girls, to lean on the F sharp."  -darn! 
    I drew a fucking blank when meeting Anthrax and all I could muster was telling Scott Ian I liked his goatee. 

SMFH

lost the Persistence of Time cassette signed by the entire band too. fuckery all around. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    For those of you who read my story above, you will recall that I was hanging out with Eddie Vedder and others at a bar after The Who concert at MSG. The other night I was up in that neighborhood and walked by the bar- or what used to be the bar. Damn!! For me that place has historic landmark status  :o 

NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 
    Any story about meeting a musician you respect & who inspires you, after seeing them play a really good show, is wonderful! Thanks for sharing it! And at least you didn't blurt out anything bizarre, as I may or may not have done a few times (more like making what I thought was a funny joke that fell SO flat it wasn't funny!).

My most mortifying stories of meeting people I admire are so mortifying to me, I'm still too traumatized to speak of them. They are Voldermorts of mortifying stories to me. :lol:
    Lol!  Yet in chaperone mode, makes it a tad easier. 
     I got on this guys case, for a crazy "Attila" show. I told him (Fronz) that if it wasn't for his hairless cat, I'd want to kick his ass for their performance in Fresno. He ended up telling me how that was one of his favorite shows on that tour, and how he had chipped his tooth that night. He then told me all about his dentist, showed me his teeth( beautiful ) -It was funny and weird, and he's Not who my girls needed to be posing w/ yet Nat-she meets alot of these (girl on right)..."Warped Tour" . 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    GlowGirl said:
    For those of you who read my story above, you will recall that I was hanging out with Eddie Vedder and others at a bar after The Who concert at MSG. The other night I was up in that neighborhood and walked by the bar- or what used to be the bar. Damn!! For me that place has historic landmark status  :o 

Lived in Manhattan for 15 years before children and the suburbs.  Worked there for close to 25 years.  The great spots were closing even before COVID.  The city is losing so much character every day.  Notice how it goes from local bar to retail space.  Cleaned out the office in April 2020 and have not been back.  Not feeling a strong pull to go back even though it is my favorite city in the world.
     Ur so lucky to have this set list! 
  • NEweather said:
    I have a spare Brixton  if you want it?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    NEweather said:
    Rob as usual being classy as hell. Nice work my friend.  Hopefully one day our paths will cross.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 
    Hung out after a local Audioslave show as we took our time leaving when Tom came out into the foyer looking for someone. I politely asked if he would mind signing my ticket to which he replied “I don’t have a pen! Go get me one!” 

I laughed and thanked him for the moment.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    NEweather said:
    Rob as usual being classy as hell. Nice work my friend.  Hopefully one day our paths will cross.  
    Amongst the best around...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mcgruff10 said:
    NEweather said:
    Amongst the best around...
    No doubt about that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • You guys
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Nice Rob!  Give it away give it away give it away now! Oh yeeeaaahhh.
    100 Pacer said:
    NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 
    Hung out after a local Audioslave show as we took our time leaving when Tom came out into the foyer looking for someone. I politely asked if he would mind signing my ticket to which he replied “I don’t have a pen! Go get me one!” 

Funny! Always carry a few fresh sharpies to a show.
  • I always carry a sharpie. Lesson learned many moons ago.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I thought that was a sharpie in your pocket ;)
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    And here I thought he was happy to see me  ;)
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Loujoe said:
    100 Pacer said:
    NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 

After seeing that signature I didn’t miss much lol.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • tish said:
    Always happy to see you my friend 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

edited October 2021
    100 Pacer said:
    Loujoe said:
    100 Pacer said:
    NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 

After seeing that signature I didn’t miss much lol.
    The worst I heard is Jimmy page. He used a stamper at a book signing. Imagine waiting for that.
    Post edited by Loujoe on
    tish said:
    Always happy to see you my friend 
    Rob I think there was a joke in there that you may have missed =)
  • Oh i saw it and was a gentleman.  As always
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Oh i saw it and was a gentleman.  As always
    Too little gentleman-ness & chivalry in the world today - you're the best!