Options

Memories,Meetings,Memorabilia and the story and pictures behind them.

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Loujoe said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Loujoe said:
    100 Pacer said:
    NEweather said:
    Awesome stories! 
     Mine is lackluster, in comparison- a long time ago a friend and I went to see Tom Morello as The Nightwatchman in SF. Good show, I remember Ike Reilly was really good. We bought a shirt, and they gave us a little sandisk sticker, and informed us we could line-up and have a meet'n'greet with Tom Morello because we purchased merch. Excited, we were in line, and I wanted to thank him for a playing tip he had shared in a then recent guitar mag.-but when sat down across the table- I couldnt say anything. We had a "sharpie" moment was all. He initialed my tix.stub.   Someone I have really admired- and I couldnt say "...Thanks for telling boys and girls, to lean on the F sharp."  -darn! 
    Hung out after a local Audioslave show as we took our time leaving when Tom came out into the foyer looking for someone. I politely asked if he would mind signing my ticket to which he replied “I don’t have a pen! Go get me one!” 

I laughed and thanked him for the moment.
    Funny! Always carry a few fresh sharpies to a show.
    After seeing that signature I didn’t miss much lol.
    The worst I heard is Jimmy page. He used a stamper at a book signing. Imagine waiting for that.
    sucks but I can imagine it was so his hand didn't make his hand into a permanent claw. 

33 Seinfeld The Checks 8 ideas  seinfeld checks jerry seinfeld
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    deb1211 said:
    This is long so forgive me.

2021 was a really bad year for me. My Dad, who was a healthy older man, had went for a routine in-office medical procedure right before Xmas in 2020 and ended up with sepsis from a human error during that procedure. He was improving but ended up severely dehydrated from bad care and eventually couldn't recover and passed unexpectedly in April. 7 months later, my father-in-law, who I had known longer than my husband - over 20 years passed away. June 2022 went to see my mom out of state for first time after Dad died and 4 days in, dog sitter calls and tells me my healthy German shepherd died of suspected heat stroke. 

I had tickets to see PJ in Nashville and St Louis and needed it so badly. My brother who was going to go in 2020  couldn't cuz he didn't want to leave my Mom so my husband agreed even though he's not a big fan. 

Anyway I saw SAD was scratched off the Quebec setlist and I love that song and had a Mom and mother-in-law living that song and I got it in my mind I needed to hear it and started requesting it..both on here and elsewhere with graphics I had made showing these Dads who had left my life. Fast forward to St Louis and I had been blessed by a forum friend with his seats 2 rows from Mike. Ed came to the Mic and I heard him say this is for a woman named Debbie..I thought this can't be me..and then he said our hearts go out to you..also thinking about..looked down quietly strumming his guitar..we're just thinking about ya..Sad starts..I was in shock..looked at my husband and said this is for our Dads. I think I spent some time hand over mouth..stared up at the ceiling teary-eyed and then started singing as loud as I possibly could. It just meant so much. After the show walking back to the hotel I was like what just happened. 

https://youtu.be/cagTgLc7tow?si=KCGyulVS6IIp0nKD
    shit. I started tearing up. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    We had backstage access at Ohana 2023.  Since it was way too packed on the backstage viewing platform during the Foo Fighters, we decided to have a wander backstage.

After having a look around for a few minutes, my wife spotted Ed.  I wanted to be respectful of his privacy, but since he was sort-of "on the job", we decided to go up to him.

Ed often mentions how there are so many couples that met at PJ shows, so I mentioned to him that my wife and I met at a PJ show in 2006.

He replied "Hearing that makes the music all worthwhile".  He then proceeded to reach into his pocket, take out one of his Ohana lighters, please it in my hand and cup my hand.  The lighter had fluid in it, so I guess Ed had already used it!

Ed was then called away by a photographer so it was a short but sweet encounter.

I have had a few chances to meet him in the past, but I am glad the stars finally aligned!
  • Options
    I posted this many years ago but since there is a new audience:

I met Jeff in January of 1993. I lived near the Nike store in West Hollywood, and was walking past it on my way to 7-11. I saw Jeff outside of the store, so I said hello, and we chatted for a few minutes. He mentioned that he was going uo to SF the next day for the NFC championship game (the Niners were good back then!). We said our goodbyes, and I went to 7-11. On the way back, I saw him leaving the store, and we nodded to eachother. I then remembered that I had the Kozik Soundgarden/PJ litho at home, so I asked if he could wait 2 minutes while I ran home to get the litho for him to sign. He said that he'd drive me home instead, so we made the short drive in his rental car. I remember we talked about how Bob Forrest (the singer from Thelonious Monster, and later Dr. Drew's asst. on Celebrity Rehab) botched-up the national anthem at a Clippers game a few days earlier. I then went inside to get the litho, and came back out for him to sign it. He was very cool about it.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I met Jeff in January of 1993. I lived near the Nike store in West Hollywood, and was walking past it on my way to 7-11. I saw Jeff outside of the store, so I said hello, and we chatted for a few minutes. He mentioned that he was going uo to SF the next day for the NFC championship game (the Niners were good back then!). We said our goodbyes, and I went to 7-11. On the way back, I saw him leaving the store, and we nodded to eachother. I then remembered that I had the Kozik Soundgarden/PJ litho at home, so I asked if he could wait 2 minutes while I ran home to get the litho for him to sign. He said that he'd drive me home instead, so we made the short drive in his rental car. I remember we talked about how Bob Forrest (the singer from Thelonious Monster, and later Dr. Drew's asst. on Celebrity Rehab) botched-up the national anthem at a Clippers game a few days earlier. I then went inside to get the litho, and came back out for him to sign it. He was very cool about it.

holy shit. he drove YOU to YOUR poster to sign it for you?? that's insanely gracious! wow!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    We had backstage access at Ohana 2023.  Since it was way too packed on the backstage viewing platform during the Foo Fighters, we decided to have a wander backstage.

After having a look around for a few minutes, my wife spotted Ed.  I wanted to be respectful of his privacy, but since he was sort-of "on the job", we decided to go up to him.

Ed often mentions how there are so many couples that met at PJ shows, so I mentioned to him that my wife and I met at a PJ show in 2006.

He replied "Hearing that makes the music all worthwhile".  He then proceeded to reach into his pocket, take out one of his Ohana lighters, please it in my hand and cup my hand.  The lighter had fluid in it, so I guess Ed had already used it!

Ed was then called away by a photographer so it was a short but sweet encounter.

I have had a few chances to meet him in the past, but I am glad the stars finally aligned!
    man. love this story. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

holy shit. he drove YOU to YOUR poster to sign it for you?? that's insanely gracious! wow!
    It was only a few blocks, but it was very cool of him!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    Yeah! That is sweet.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,091
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

It was only a few blocks, but it was very cool of him!
    How awesome