The Food Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    RiotZact said:
    Made these apple cider doughnuts with cinnamon sugar coating and a salted caramel drizzle.

Yum!! I had a late night last night, and could totally go for one of these right now.

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    GlowGirl said:
    RiotZact said:
    Made these apple cider doughnuts with cinnamon sugar coating and a salted caramel drizzle.

Yum!! I had a late night last night, and could totally go for one of these right now.

They were really tasty and pretty easy to make! I got the mix from farmsteady.com and they have other flavors too, along with doughnut molds and kits for other foods.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Hell yeah! Those look awesome. Never thought about making them at home 
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Hell yeah! Those look awesome. Never thought about making them at home 
    The kit made it really easy. I just had to add 1 cup of cider, 1/2 cup of olive oil, and 2 eggs.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Homemade donuts are awesome, nice work
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Bit of a sad day in south Philly. One of our neighbors, who we love, has a form of dementia and is moving to assisted living this week. Sending her off south Philly style. Cheese, salad and beef stew

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Sorry to hear that, but glad there are friends to celebrate the person.
    Sorry to hear that, but glad there are friends to celebrate the person.
    Yeah good people no doubt. Was a nice thing with a few neighbors 
    Just your standard Monday night dinner. Lamb shanks over polenta 

Oh my.
    That looks incredible
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Just your standard Monday night dinner. Lamb shanks over polenta 

That looks amazing. My Monday night dinner tonight was leftovers 
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Game Day Tacos de Cochinita.
    Pork has been marinating overnight. Gonna pop in the oven around 2pm (Irish time). Should be ready for kickoff.

Yes, please!
    edited October 2021
    Gonna fully wrap in banana leaf and then into the oven. See ya in a few hours.

Post edited by eddiec on

That looks awesome!
    Yeah that’s good stuff
    Mixed a batch of mustard, letting it soak for a day or two prior to grinding up.
    Never made before - looks easy as can be, looking forward to try and then future experimentation.
    Anyone make mustard?

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
     I love whole grain mustard. Looks fun. Never made it.
    About to toss this on the BBQ.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^"Hey, baby! Up yer butt with a coconut!"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    ^^^^ is the best way to roast a bird and veg. No beer can?
    Get_Right said:
    ^^^^ is the best way to roast a bird and veg. No beer can?
    It's the Weber poultry roaster, so it has a cylinder for the beer that goes up the bum as @dankind so eloquently put it.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    NICE! 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    The mustard is very good....it mellowed a but from yesterday, when it was seriously sharp.  
    I like the idea and will do again with some variation(s) when this is used up.  Very easy, recommended if you enjoy your mustard!

The mustard is very good....it mellowed a but from yesterday, when it was seriously sharp.  
    I like the idea and will do again with some variation(s) when this is used up.  Very easy, recommended if you enjoy your mustard!

Looks great.
    Do you notice a difference over store bought stuff?
    eddiec said:

Looks great.
    Do you notice a difference over store bought stuff?

Yes, I think it is better.  There are some exceptions, but certainly the main brands I might have in my fridge.
    Once I do it a few times and find the recipe I like best (next time I will make a beer batch and then split off some to mix in some different things to produce 4-5 smaller batches) it is going to produce a much better product, I believe.  

(Also, I expect this to get better after a few more days  - it is still a bit sharp.)   
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    My dear wife baked this today fig tart with our own figs and fresh made dough! Will have it with tea..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    That looks amazing!