NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    I also really really enjoyed Midnight Mass.
    This was really, really fucking good.
    we are at episode four....very good
    Who ever said they turned it off because it's boring, I implore you to stick with it. It's an incredibly slow burn and totally worth it. Also glad I went in with basically no preconception and minimal amount of an idea of what it was about. Honestly, the cinematography and sountrack pulled me in. Then when you see who's creating it you have a rough idea what it's about. Haha, I'll say again - really, really fucking good.
    agreed...although I didn't really find the first episodes boring.  They give you an idea that something odd is going on pretty quick but if you aren't paying attention you'll miss it.

Great acting.
    I fell asleep during the first episode. Haven't watched it again yet, but it was heavy on atmosphere, for sure. And I dig those kinds of shows.

I just need to be able to start an episode before I hit my wall of sleep.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Who ever said they turned it off because it's boring, I implore you to stick with it. It's an incredibly slow burn and totally worth it. Also glad I went in with basically no preconception and minimal amount of an idea of what it was about. Honestly, the cinematography and sountrack pulled me in. Then when you see who's creating it you have a rough idea what it's about. Haha, I'll say again - really, really fucking good.
    agreed...although I didn't really find the first episodes boring.  They give you an idea that something odd is going on pretty quick but if you aren't paying attention you'll miss it.

Great acting.
    I fell asleep during the first episode. Haven't watched it again yet, but it was heavy on atmosphere, for sure. And I dig those kinds of shows.

It's definitely a show you watch while not sleeping or surfing the net on your phone.  Little details are important.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Loved squid games
    Ending poor but great  watch
     No way its  15
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Great acting.

It's definitely a show you watch while not sleeping or surfing the net on your phone.  Little details are important.
    Yes, and there's something I really really wanna talk about but can't till people see the whole thing. Went back and watched parts of it to line it up too. So subtle. Trying so hard to restrain myself!
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Great acting.

Yes, and there's something I really really wanna talk about but can't till people see the whole thing. Went back and watched parts of it to line it up too. So subtle. Trying so hard to restrain myself!
    Yeah we are probably going to binge the rest of it tonight.  Episode 3 was insane.  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    MayDay10 said:
    The Squid Game is great so far
    Just finished it the other day. I liked it, was entertaining. My only complaint is it’s predictable. I knew exactly how it would end halfway through episode 2, just didn’t know what games they’d play. Was still worth a watch though.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited October 2021
    MayDay10 said:
    The final episode of squid game ruined the entire series for me. It made me regret watching the show. Also found it too predictable.

While I thought the show was pretty strong, and its more about the journey, I agree fully on the last episode.  The last 30 minutes or so, really werent needed (I think the second last episode was only 30 minutes too, make that an hour and call it a day!).  I thought the various 'plot points' of the last 30 minutes were terrible and forced, and did diminish the show.

***Spoiler

While the show was a bit predictable... I really thought that everyone was going to lose/get killed and their families who were 'victim' of these contestants terrible financial habits would get the payouts.
    The 'marbles' thing kind of caught me off guard too.
    SPOILER

To the people saying it was predictable....I assume you're talking about just who wins right? I mean the little screen grab Netflix puts next to each episode gives that away big time (I wish they would change that). Or are you talking about the person who is revealed as the "front man" in the last 30 minutes? I had no clue that was going to happen....but I agree that being sort of forced. 

I really liked it. The ending was not the best, but the show really made you build a connection to the characters throughout the season which I didn't expect going in. And the drama was pretty damn intense each episode. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    MayDay10 said:
    The final episode of squid game ruined the entire series for me. It made me regret watching the show. Also found it too predictable.

While I thought the show was pretty strong, and its more about the journey, I agree fully on the last episode.  The last 30 minutes or so, really werent needed (I think the second last episode was only 30 minutes too, make that an hour and call it a day!).  I thought the various 'plot points' of the last 30 minutes were terrible and forced, and did diminish the show.

***Spoiler

While the show was a bit predictable... I really thought that everyone was going to lose/get killed and their families who were 'victim' of these contestants terrible financial habits would get the payouts.
    SPOILER

To the people saying it was predictable....I assume you're talking about just who wins right? I mean the little screen grab Netflix puts next to each episode gives that away big time (I wish they would change that). Or are you talking about the person who is revealed as the "front man" in the last 30 minutes? I had no clue that was going to happen....but I agree that being sort of forced. 

I really liked it. The ending was not the best, but the show really made you build a connection to the characters throughout the season which I didn't expect going in. And the drama was pretty damn intense each episode. 
    again spoiling Squids

I thought it was a very straight-forward show, which IMO was refreshing.  Very sick of every single piece of media content requiring some sort of giant twist or character turn.  

The thing with the Old Man in the last episode seemed so forced and unnecessary, and a bit disappointing (and I honestly dont really get it).

Intrigued by the next season.  I really liked how Hostel 1 was from the POV of primarily the victims, while Hostel 2 kind of gave you a 'negative' and showed much more the behind the scenes and operations.  Im thinking the Second season could be similar to that, which could be cool.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    We started watching Maid & it's great so far. 2 episodes in....definitely not a lighthearted series, but very well done.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

This is a neat feature. :wink:

mfc2006 said:
    We started watching Maid & it's great so far. 2 episodes in....definitely not a lighthearted series, but very well done.
    we just started it last night as well....watched 3 episodes. Definitely worth watching.

dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Great acting.

Yeah we are probably going to binge the rest of it tonight.  Episode 3 was insane.  
    We finished Midnight Mass a few nights ago. Very well done. 

It was similar to 30 Days of Night which was a great moving in my opinion (although the ending was kind of cheesy).

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mfc2006 said:
    we just started it last night as well....watched 3 episodes. Definitely worth watching.
    I watched the first ep based on word of mouth (and you guys). Pretty good, and I dig the lead (she was good in The Leftovers too).
    hedonist said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I watched the first ep based on word of mouth (and you guys). Pretty good, and I dig the lead (she was good in The Leftovers too).
    I didn't realize she was in the Leftovers....I do remember her form Once Upon a Time in Hollywood though

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Meateater is decent…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Squid Game is probably gonna be one of the more popular Halloween costumes this year I'm guessing.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    MayDay10 said:

***Spoiler

SPOILER

More Spoilers.

Not just who, but how. I don’t know why the characters kept acting like they could all win together. It was obvious there would be only 1 winner, and who the final 2 would be and that there’d be some showdown between the 2. That seemed obvious to me. And the story with the cop and his brother, again, obvious. I didn’t predict what happened to the cop, but I knew who the brother was.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mace1229 said:
    MayDay10 said:

***Spoiler

SPOILER

More Spoilers.

Not just who, but how. I don’t know why the characters kept acting like they could all win together. It was obvious there would be only 1 winner, and who the final 2 would be and that there’d be some showdown between the 2. That seemed obvious to me. And the story with the cop and his brother, again, obvious. I didn’t predict what happened to the cop, but I knew who the brother was.
    Yeah it was definitely obvious. I just didn't know if you meant the thing with the old man or just who wins.

Netflix should blur out the previews for future episodes. It's too easy to glance down and get a spoiler. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

FFS

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Hobbes said:

FFS

haha for real

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Girl Boss 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Just started Midnight Mass based on recommendations from here.

It is a great show so far.

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited November 2021
    Finished Midnight Mass last night.
    Thought it had some good parts (very well made - filming / effects / some good acting) and there were a number of scenes I thought were cool.  Overall I did not like it, though.
    Won't spoil with my gripes but they were pretty consistent from a few episodes in through the end and I couldn't really get by them.
    Glad so many really liked this show....but I'm a thumbs down on it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Has any of you international people seen?

https://youtu.be/Th6HuFO8ImE
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Thought it had some good parts (very well made - filming / effects / some good acting) and there were a number of scenes I thought were cool.  Overall I did not like it, though.
    Won't spoil with my gripes but they were pretty consistent from a few episodes in through the end and I couldn't really get by them.
    I like the priest (Hamesh something; he’s good) but feel like I’m waiting for something to happen AND WHAT’S TAKING SO LONG? Gonna see it through, given that I’ve invested in three or four eps so far.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    hedonist said:
    I like the priest (Hamesh something; he’s good) but feel like I’m waiting for something to happen AND WHAT’S TAKING SO LONG? Gonna see it through, given that I’ve invested in three or four eps so far.

He is good, I agree.  I laughed out loud at some of his sermons/speeches but he was all in on the role and I liked the acting job he did.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    hedonist said:

He is good, I agree.  I laughed out loud at some of his sermons/speeches but he was all in on the role and I liked the acting job he did.
    OK, I'll bite - honestly curious of what your beef is, because it's good and you can (possibly) eat shit.  =)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    We watched Gunpowder Milkshake Tuesday night. That was a violent movie!
    I finished Sharp Objects yesterday. Took awhile to get there but overall decent (left some unanswered questions though). Amy Adams is something else as usual, and I’ve always been partial to Ms. Clarkson.