Options

possible fake posters on ebay - just a warning.

13»

Comments

• Options
    those poor bidders! id feel lower than shit if i jumped on the pit after buying a poster for $200+ only to read an entire thread about how i just bought a FAKE!

if pearl jam would just dig into the archives and make an official RE-release of these prints than this wouldnt happen. id buy an offical re-print who cares if its a reprint the cool art is still cool art.

we all like the art for the art, i dont care if the poster is rare or not. the fact that my hawaii 2006 poster is rare doesnt make it any cooler to me. if there were five million prints of that poster in circulation id still have my copy framed like i do and id still think it rocks just as hard!

I know Ebay doesn't let us see usernames of people bidding anymore but does this mean you can't send them a message either?? I think someone should send a message to this persons top bidders and tell them they are bidding on fakes.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    anyone know of anyone in the counterfeit poster business that sells them as copies for a reduced price?? id be happy with a fake just to frame for myself instead of paying the outrageous prices... PM me their contact info (we wouldnt want anyones counterfeit business being busted)

i see nothing wrong with these copies (aside from obvious copyright issues) as long as they are sold as copies... the only person its hurting is the no good flippers... ive been suggesting something like this forever but dont have the collection to get it started and no one wants to help since it seems so obviously illegal
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Armyfan is an upfront guy, I was the high bidder on the 98 Raleigh Poster and after discovering its authenticity problems I emailed him. He apologized prfusely and immediately refunded me, so I believe it was an honest mistake.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i think that's the problem with fakes. once sombody gets fooled, they're out there in the population of "real" posters. if they don't know they've been fooled, they resell it later as real...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    thats cool, kinda feel for the guy, hes obviosuly paid top dollar at some point and just found out he was screwed
  • Options
    Bud ColderBud Colder Baltimore Posts: 142
    I bought a fake Green Lady 5 yrs ago and recently found out it was a complete fake. It's big business to rip people off. As embarrassed as I am I'm telling you folks to be super careful. 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I bought a fake Green Lady 5 yrs ago and recently found out it was a complete fake. It's big business to rip people off. As embarrassed as I am I'm telling you folks to be super careful. 
    Sorry to hear about that.  That would really suck. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    I love reading a thread and getting sucked in thinking it's new and then realizing it's 9 years old. =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    on2legs said:
    I love reading a thread and getting sucked in thinking it's new and then realizing it's 9 years old. =)
    I knew it was old when I read it but... We do tell people to look through the archives and Bud did. :wink:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,471
    deadendp said:
    on2legs said:
    I knew it was old when I read it but... We do tell people to look through the archives and Bud did. :wink:
    Not complaining at all... just kicking myself I didn't notice the date before I started reading it =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Good time to bump this. Many people on Facebook have been finding their "Holy Grails" and refuse to believe that they could have possibly been duped. 

Even if someone owns a poster for 10 - 15 years and you trust them, it could still be bogus. There are also those who just tell you what you want to hear for the sake of selling a print.

Lots of discussion recently about the authentication of some posters. Making duplicates is not as hard (or as expensive) as you'd think. 
    Settings > Signature Settings > Hide Signatures Always
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    Good time to bump this. Many people on Facebook have been finding their "Holy Grails" and refuse to believe that they could have possibly been duped. 

Even if someone owns a poster for 10 - 15 years and you trust them, it could still be bogus. There are also those who just tell you what you want to hear for the sake of selling a print.

Lots of discussion recently about the authentication of some posters. Making duplicates is not as hard (or as expensive) as you'd think. 
    Which ones have recently been purchased/mentioned? Agreed re: duplication. It was awkward 20 years ago today it’s a breeze.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    edited October 2021

Not surprising.  What are some examples? (I’m not on FB). 

Weren’t some 98s being faked a year or two ago?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

Not surprising.  What are some examples? (I’m not on FB). 

Weren’t some 98s being faked a year or two ago?
    Some 96's a few years back too.  They were easy to spot though.