Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    I have VIP and I think the views from where VIP rail is, are quite great. Yes you gotta stand (or steal a stool) but that view with very little effort to get it is pretty amazing.

That said, I need to be closer so I was out in GA. However the vip makes taking those quick bathtoom/drink/food breaks insanely fast so you can get back to your held spot. Is it worth that $? 🤷‍♂️
    No... because all the years I've beento this festival I've never had problem with those things
  • I assume everyone for whom this info would be useful is already inside, but just in case: security is way more into checking bag contents than yesterday, seen several people have their stuff taken away.
  • I assume everyone for whom this info would be useful is already inside, but just in case: security is way more into checking bag contents than yesterday, seen several people have their stuff taken away.
    Yep. Went through my entire clear bag. Checked in a sunglasses case and everything. 
    Yep. Went through my entire clear bag. Checked in a sunglasses case and everything. 
    Checking inside my AirPods case was my favorite part. Just in case I… filled the cavities with booze? I dunno.z 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    I assume everyone for whom this info would be useful is already inside, but just in case: security is way more into checking bag contents than yesterday, seen several people have their stuff taken away.
    Just put your weed in the tray

its legal

just gotta worry bought puffin on state grounds

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I have VIP and I think the views from where VIP rail is, are quite great. Yes you gotta stand (or steal a stool) but that view with very little effort to get it is pretty amazing.

That said, I need to be closer so I was out in GA. However the vip makes taking those quick bathtoom/drink/food breaks insanely fast so you can get back to your held spot. Is it worth that $? 🤷‍♂️
    Completely agree
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    So… apparently someone removed most of the chairs from the ADA section. I’m not your mom, but I’m a mom. If this was you, take them back please. The folks in that section are most in need of seats.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Brandi Carlile killing it. So comfortable on stage. Woodstock followed by Rocket Man. The vibes are unbelievable. She’s amazing, who knew?
  • Brandi Carlile killing it. So comfortable on stage. Woodstock followed by Rocket Man. The vibes are unbelievable. She’s amazing, who knew?
    She played last weekend too. Completely blew everything away. Incredible 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Brandi Carlile killing it. So comfortable on stage. Woodstock followed by Rocket Man. The vibes are unbelievable. She’s amazing, who knew?
    She played last weekend too. Completely blew everything away. Incredible 
    I haven’t seen her live before, she is really good. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    I decided to hang back a bit further tonight by where the grass meets the blacktop definitely more room. 
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 502
    Getting close!
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 502
    Anyone nail down The Haves lyrics?
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    ianh42 said:
    Bugs is by far their worst song ever. Horrible with that accordion. 

How about Gremmie out of control tonight. Love that one LoL 
    I love Bugs. Really captures that feeling of losing your mind.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    WW187806 said:
    Anyone nail down The Haves lyrics?
    Can't stand that song... hope I don't hear it again
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    45 different songs over two days. Wished for longer set times but they cranked through the music and really didn’t let up. 

Looking forward to seeing them unleash Gigaton some more whenever they reschedule the spring tour. 
  • ((Will Smith looking around empty room))
  • What a weekend and what a run!  Saw all 4 PJ shows from SHN to last night and loved every second. Met so many amazing new people too @lmckenney24 from Atlanta, Anne/Josh from Minneapolis, Chip/Emily from WA, Dave from Philly and Katrina from Golden, CO. What a crew see you all around the bend!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • My wife and I are in one of the Ohana Instagram photos- wife taking a selfie, me with Islanders hat
  • My wife and I are in one of the Ohana Instagram photos- wife taking a selfie, me with Islanders hat
    LGI!!!!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    What a weekend and what a run!  Saw all 4 PJ shows from SHN to last night and loved every second. Met so many amazing new people too @lmckenney24 from Atlanta, Anne/Josh from Minneapolis, Chip/Emily from WA, Dave from Philly and Katrina from Golden, CO. What a crew see you all around the bend!
    Awesome meeting you as well Dan! Looking forward to next time!
  • Sitting in LAX. Not ready for it to be over yet. Gimme Stone in the airport or something 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2021
    Pearl Jam was awesome, both nights. The RVM on Friday and All Night/Again Today were the highlights for me. Also the story about the mayor of Dana Point and the Afghani interpreters he helped to safety on American soil. 

But how about the other amazing festival acts? I’m going to break this into blown away/very impressed/want to hear more. Any artist not mentioned just wasn’t interesting to me:

Blown Away 
    - Amythyst Kiah - what a voice. So blessed to be on the rail for this one. 
    - Beck - he brought it. My first Beck live experience, hopefully not the last. 
    - Brandi Carlile - I’m a big fan but even if you aren’t how can you not love the Soundgarden, Elton John and Joni Mitchell covers (or the War Pigs tag for her “rock n roll uncle)?

Very Impressed
    - Pluralone - JK is one talented MFer. 
    - Lord Huron - want to hear more for sure. 
    - Joe Wong + Nite Creatures - was on the rail of Tiki Stage for this. MC rocked the kit, the strings/keys/harp was wild with the flute/guitar/bass. Wong even jumped the drums a couple times for a double-kit performance. 

Want to Hear More
    - Sleater Kinney - never gotten into them, but the last three songs of the set were really good. Perhaps I need to revisit the catalogue. I tried a decade ago or so and they didn’t do it for me, but maybe I just didn’t get it? 
    - NHC - I’m a huge JA fan and CC and DN are monsters. I’m not a FF fan although I do know PS and TH are talented musicians. I saw TH be the front man for McCready and Friends at Big Sky and that was fun (also saw JK sing Purple Rain there… that was incredible). It was a fun set, I want to hear the new album.

Best part of a festival Is being exposed to different bands and EV and the team did an awesome job with this one. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • 666erm said:
    Buckle Up is terrible live. Never play that again. Ever. Unless it is when I have to go to the bathroom. Then do whatever you want.
    Poor Stone. His one song.
    Amazing song and it sounded great last night 
    I liked it! I like any of the new ones they played. Dance’o the C rocked too and Superblood Wolfmoon as an opener was great. It was only my third live show, but it was the best so far. Way more energy and intensity than the two MT. Shows I have seen previously. Though maybe that is a different vibe they bring for Montana. So I think part of it was all fired up the performances were for the female performers Who in my opinion all killed it. Especially Sleater-Kinney and Brandi Carlile band. BCD is crashing on this nation like a wave right now in my opinion.
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    I thought last night was another fantastic night. Very up tempo and high energy from start to finish. Having seen all four, my favorite was Ohana 1. Retrograde as an opener was great, Alright was a stunner, and the version of Immortality was tremendous. And the kicker was Brandi on Betterman. Utterly awesome. 

Wonderful nights on the beach on both coasts. Hope they plan to release them. 
  • Luckytwn1 said:
    I thought last night was another fantastic night. Very up tempo and high energy from start to finish. Having seen all four, my favorite was Ohana 1. Retrograde as an opener was great, Alright was a stunner, and the version of Immortality was tremendous. And the kicker was Brandi on Betterman. Utterly awesome. 

Wonderful nights on the beach on both coasts. Hope they plan to release them. 
    That would be awesome if they did. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Sitting at home now able to reflect on the short trip to California a little better. Rearviewmirror, Corduroy and some how RITFW were the highlights that are sticking out the most to me. Also they are nailing the Gigaton songs live and you can tell they are having a lot of fun finally play them for us.

I am also really enjoying the changes to the old songs they have made. Less extended singalongs and more of the band just jamming it out to new levels. These shows were a lot of fun but I am not going to lie the length is really the only complaint I have as the shows flew by. Now I have even more of an itch to see some full length arena shows. They played very few repeats though which was great to see. Nice meeting a lot of you forum members and look forward to meeting up at the next tour. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

No... because all the years I've beento this festival I've never had problem with those things
    I have to agree here.  In GA you do need to go to the port-o-lets which takes an extra few minutes but I never had an issue getting an open one immediately...sometimes you just have to go to the back as people will line up at the front units but the back is totally open.

Food and beer was always pretty easy to get except for them cutting off at 9pm.

VIP pissed me off for the first Sunday.  The complimentary "gourmet bites" they were supposed to offer were sparse.  As soon as they replenished them the vultures ran in and gobbled them all up. Then they stopped serving at 6PM!

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville