*** Ohana Festival Fanviews Here 9/26/21 ***

2»

Comments

• tschav said:
    ^ Feeling the same. Set list hit the Gigaton songs I hoped for (Retrograde/Alright in particular). Quick Escape roared far beyond expectations. 

I thought Quick Escape had some real Led Zeppelin vibes.  Awesome surprise.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2021
    Dear Mr. Vedder and Ohana crew. I want to apologize for only paying face value for what was an absolutely perfect day and capped off by some of the most beautiful performances in a perfect location. If you want what I think I owe, please DM me and we will set up a payment plan. My mind is still blown. 

Brandi, Yola and many of the other bands were amazing. Yola and her version of Goodbye Yellow  Brick Road made me cry it was so beautiful. Brandi and her band blew all of our minds. 

Gigaton is a monster album and live the songs encompass your body and hold you through the ride. Quick Escape is heavy live. Retrograde opener was amazing. Amazing setlist. The hits were played but had an energy that was unique. And almost a full version of WMA!!!!!!!! What. Yes. Fuck yea!!!!!! 

The crowd was amazing. Singing loud and dancing all night. No douchebags. But watching Brandi’s joy to be on stage and kill it on Betterman was worth all I paid and more. That joy was contagious and unlike COVID I loved it!!! What a fucking festival!!!!! What a day. I’m still flying high and it’s Tuesday. 

I only wish I could make both days this weekend. Have fun everyone. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Is there really no video of Alright?
  • aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 769
    edited September 2021
    Thought I found it but was Retrograde (labeled as Alright)
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Heading out west for Ohana Encore Weekend. Can't wait based on these great descriptions.  But...Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I Got Shit is my white whale song. They played it too early  :sick:  Damn!  Still can't wait. Glad you all enjoyed the shows.
    I got Shit was my white whale that I got to hear. In exchange we’ll give you All or None. 
    Done!
  • The Ohana weekend gave me a high like no other the past 19 months. Yes the cost was crazy, but so all worth it. I feel I will be feeding off this weekend for months to come. So grateful to have been there. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    The Ohana weekend gave me a high like no other the past 19 months. Yes the cost was crazy, but so all worth it. I feel I will be feeding off this weekend for months to come. So grateful to have been there. 
    I feel the same way. We went early each day and caught as much live music as humanly possible. Amazing weekend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ianh42ianh42 Posts: 193
    mfc2006 said:
    The Ohana weekend gave me a high like no other the past 19 months. Yes the cost was crazy, but so all worth it. I feel I will be feeding off this weekend for months to come. So grateful to have been there. 
    I feel the same way. We went early each day and caught as much live music as humanly possible. Amazing weekend!
    I'm with both of you and stoked to be headed back tomorrow and Saturday.  
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited October 2021
    mfc2006 said:

I thought most of the support bands were excellent. Definitely worth getting there early, putting down a blanket and chilling.  I have seen a ton of good PJ shows, but I think that I had more FUN and experienced more JOY at Ohana (aka Vedderfest) than any other event in a LONG time. Have fun all!
  • Haven’t posted here in years but last weekend and excitement for those there tonight inspired me.  It was worth traveling from he East Coast, even with massive challenges coordinating time off from work/ school, just to hear those Gigaton songs alone,  which sounded SSOOOO good!   

Also all sympathies to KOL and their families, and I hope they felt the energy and positivity and generosity and excitement when Ed performed Fri night, including Molly’s Chambers, was an incredible affirmation of love and life.  Just incredible.  

In addition in closing Eddie said MMJ gave something like “the best f—ing performance I’ve ever…” and THEY DID.  That band is a revelation, they make you feel like you have dissolved into the cosmos, it’s CRAZY! Extraordinary night, I was kind of spent for the rest of the weekend in a very nice way.
    Haven’t posted here in years but last weekend and excitement for those there tonight inspired me.  It was worth traveling from he East Coast, even with massive challenges coordinating time off from work/ school, just to hear those Gigaton songs alone,  which sounded SSOOOO good!   

Also all sympathies to KOL and their families, and I hope they felt the energy and positivity and generosity and excitement when Ed performed Fri night, including Molly’s Chambers, was an incredible affirmation of love and life.  Just incredible.  

In addition in closing Eddie said MMJ gave something like “the best f—ing performance I’ve ever…” and THEY DID.  That band is a revelation, they make you feel like you have dissolved into the cosmos, it’s CRAZY! Extraordinary night, I was kind of spent for the rest of the weekend in a very nice way.

Put it on your calendar for next year. I am kicking myself for not going sooner. Vedderfest 2022.
  • adventureangieadventureangie Posts: 9
    edited October 2021

Having seen PJ so many times in my long life -  I have to say their set last weekend at Ohana Fest is in my top three shows of all time.

I've kinda been at a loss for words ever since. Yes, I'm sure it has much to do with the past 18 months and a need to see humanity at it's best - well we got that. The unbridled, powerhouse performances by so many of the artists literally took my breath (and words) away. Olivia Vedder on night one was a highlight for sure. There was barely a dry eye in the place.

Ed and friends covers of REM, Pretenders and the Clash! C'mon?! BOOM!

Glenn Hansard, Maggie Rogers - two incredible sets, for completely different reasons.

Brandi freakin' Carlile! Geezus! From War Pigs riffs to the three part harmonies of The Eye to a Soundgarden cover - I mean, just wow!

I also met some amazing Ten Club family members too, who shared space on the rail on PJ night. For that I'm forever grateful. 

This was an unforgettable experience.

My heart, spirit, mind is full.

Wish I could transport right back there now.

Mahalo!

Post edited by adventureangie on
  • curleybarneycurleybarney USA Posts: 156
    Definitely been on a high since the shows last weekend. Loved PJ, Ed and the Earthlings, Glen, Brandi, Yola, Maggie Rogers. Hail, hail the lucky ones at Encore!
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Austin, TX 09-18-2023 | Austin, TX 09-19-2023 Next: Sacramento, CA 05-13-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-16-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-18-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-21-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-22-2024
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 537
    Ohana is the best festival plain and simple. outside of some folks who think they claim a living room sized portion of the lawn while laying down at 6 pm i have no complaints. 4th year going and expect to not miss any in the future.

Was slightly bummed with the almost predictable set list (especially after going to SHN) but i figured they were still getting the rust off, what made up for it was #1 the new stuff is amazing live, actually excited to hear which was something i couldnt say about LB or Backspacer really. #2 the band was so energetic and seemed genuinely amped up to play. 

wish i was able to make the Encore weekend if i didnt have a prior commitment, knew those shows were going to be A+.

also shout out to the rest of the acts that were there - MMJ, Brandi, Black Pumas, etc all amazing stuff!
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • 2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    The whole lineup was fantastic...it truly was. I'm so glad that we went early each day to listen to as much music as we could. Here are some of our favorites:

FRI: The Regrettes, Caamp, Black Pumas, MMJ, EV & The Earthlings
    SAT: Son Little, Cold War Kids, Aquadolls, Glen Hansard, Mac Demarco, Maggie Rogers, EV, Spoon
    SUN: PJ, Yola, Shovels & Rope, Brandi Carlile, Mon Laferte, Jade Bird

Favorites that weren't headliners: Son Little, Mon Laferte, Yola, Shovels & Rope, Spoon, Black Pumas

Just an absolutely killer lineup and I've been listening to these artists listed above almost non-stop since getting back to KC. We'll be heading back next year....no doubt about it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mfc2006 said:
    The whole lineup was fantastic...it truly was. I'm so glad that we went early each day to listen to as much music as we could. Here are some of our favorites:

FRI: The Regrettes, Caamp, Black Pumas, MMJ, EV & The Earthlings
    SAT: Son Little, Cold War Kids, Aquadolls, Glen Hansard, Mac Demarco, Maggie Rogers, EV, Spoon
    SUN: PJ, Yola, Shovels & Rope, Brandi Carlile, Mon Laferte, Jade Bird

Favorites that weren't headliners: Son Little, Mon Laferte, Yola, Shovels & Rope, Spoon, Black Pumas

Just an absolutely killer lineup and I've been listening to these artists listed above almost non-stop since getting back to KC. We'll be heading back next year....no doubt about it.
    I was impressed with a lot of those groups.  I had seen Spoon before and really like them live.

Mac Demarco was good this time.  I saw him open for the Flaming Lips a few years ago and despised him.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Add Backseat Lovers to that list! Caamp was great, loved the fleetwood mac cover.  Two new bands in my rotation and another reason I love festivals, exposure to new music! Mac Demarco was entertaining to say the least.  Not really a fan of his music, but that was a fun hour of laughs.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Get_Right said:
    Add Backseat Lovers to that list! Caamp was great, loved the fleetwood mac cover.  Two new bands in my rotation and another reason I love festivals, exposure to new music! Mac Demarco was entertaining to say the least.  Not really a fan of his music, but that was a fun hour of laughs.
    yeah Demarco was entertaining...I mentioned before that I had seen him open for the Flaming Lips and he was annoying as hell. Played the same verse over and over for like 10 minutes
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville