The Food Thread

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Pulled pork sandwiches to kick off the NFL season.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    eddiec said:

Looks incredible. My favorite. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Ohhh yeah!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Pickled onions in the background?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited September 2021
    I think this is the best tuna salad I’ve made. Instead of Mayo, I used Greek yogurt, Dijon, olive oil and lemon juice. Then just added celery and scallions and salt/pepper….fucking refreshing as hell

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    eddiec said:

Looks amazing
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Get_Right said:
    Pickled onions in the background?
    Yeah. Good eye.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I think this is the best tuna salad I’ve made. Instead of Mayo, I used Greek yogurt, Dijon, olive oil and lemon juice. Then just added celery and scallions and salt/pepper….fucking refreshing as hell

So many ways to dress this up the way you like it most.
    Excellent!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2021
    My friend surprised me with tuna steaks from yesterday s fishing tournament.  .  Banging.  

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Looks great!

I had had high hopes for this ice cream since I love the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity- but eh. It was too sweet and the whipped cream swirl was really just marshmallow fluff. It also had a gritty texture. Oh well. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

• Picked fresh figs this morning wrapped them with prosciutto sliced hard cheese,pears really tasty to go along with eggs& crepes this morning, have a great weekend everyone enjoy the festival ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Picked fresh figs this morning wrapped them with prosciutto sliced hard cheese,pears really tasty to go along with eggs& crepes this morning, have a great weekend everyone enjoy the festival ..
    Figs look fantastic. Are they from your own garden?
  • eddiec said:
    Picked fresh figs this morning wrapped them with prosciutto sliced hard cheese,pears really tasty to go along with eggs& crepes this morning, have a great weekend everyone enjoy the festival ..
    Figs look fantastic. Are they from your own garden?
    Yes they are big & sweet! 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    It’s been a while buuuut….seafood suuuuuuuunday!!

3 dozen cape may salts. Bought 2 dozen and my market threw in another dozen for free, so that was sweet. Pick and peel shrimp, clam chowder, stone crab and grilled mako. Holy hell the mako was good.

I'm hit or miss on shark, would like to try.
    The upeel and 🦪 look fucking amazing

Give me a sixer, those two platters, and back off!

I haven’t really had it before, long time ago I think, and the wife was not thrilled with the purchase, we both loved it. Used a seafood seasoning from the market I go to.

I haven’t really had it before, long time ago I think, and the wife was not thrilled with the purchase, we both loved it. Used a seafood seasoning from the market I go to.
    Awesome!
    Those oysters...damn.
  • It’s been a while buuuut….seafood suuuuuuuunday!!

3 dozen cape may salts. Bought 2 dozen and my market threw in another dozen for free, so that was sweet. Pick and peel shrimp, clam chowder, stone crab and grilled mako. Holy hell the mako was good.

Damn I’d have no problem eating all of that! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Looks great Jose!  I've never had stone crab before, got to give them a try.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Been a while since I roasted a yardbird and made up some hummus.  Pickled veg: beets, carrots, asparagus, beans.... sone tomatos from my neighbor's garden, some jasmine rice, and okra. 
    Holy fuck - one plate and I can't move.  :lol:

Also, wet brined the bird and it is such a silly thing to not always do this.
    Been a while since I roasted a yardbird and made up some hummus.  Pickled veg: beets, carrots, asparagus, beans.... sone tomatos from my neighbor's garden, some jasmine rice, and okra. 
    Holy fuck - one plate and I can't move.  :lol:

That looks awesome!! I still haven’t made the hummus I told you I was going to try to make several months ago. Yours looks delicious. 

I am so tired from the festival so I do not feel like cooking. Just ordered Thai food
    I'll have some Moo Ping and Soft Shelled Crabs.

:lol:

Actually as good as that sounds I couldn't eat another bite.
    What is your go-to order for Thai?

Tonight I just went simple. Shrimp Pad Thai and curry puffs. It was great. 
    Sounds good!
    That’s good shit. Those pickled veggies and hummus look killer.