Options

***official Bridge School Benefit Pre-party***

bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
PRE-PARTY #1 - Friday, October 20, 8:00 PM
All Ages Welcome until 10PM - ID checked from then on

Pre-Party & Raffle Ticket Purchases (Fundraiser details on Saturday):
Organizer: Chris / bonowall

Sponsored by: Blue Chalk Café, The Wishlist Foundation

Pre-Party #1 Location:
Blue Chalk Cafe

630 Romana Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301
650-326-1020

Time: 7:00 PM (This is where we will meet, greet, and hang out!)

Blue Chalk offers private Areas, Billiards & Shuffleboard, Great Food and Live Music and is located in an historical building in downtown Palo Alto . They are the only establishment in Palo Alto that offers billiards, shuffleboard, 2 distinctive bars and music all under the same roof! Credit Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB

Parking:
The Blue Chalk Café is located directly across from Palo Alto City Hall . A public parking garage is located underneath City Hall.

NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW

THE PARTY - Saturday, October 21, 12:00 PM
All Ages Welcome (while Kitchen is open...11PM), ID checked from then on

Party & Building Bridges Camp Fundraiser :

Organizer: Chris / bonowall

Sponsored by: THE SPORTS PAGE, The Wishlist Foundation

The Party Location:
THE SPORTS PAGE

1431 Plymouth St.
Mountain View, CA
(650) 961-1992

Time: 12:00 PM (PARTY, RAFFLE, and AUCTION TO TAKE PLACE)

With a full bar and food menu, The Sports Page provides all the sustenance and refreshment you need to get you from the pre-show hype to the post show high. With a patio that accomodates 300 people we have enough room for you and your friends and family to enjoy the Californian sunshine and/or to have party (to book a party just give us a call)...which we did!

Parking:
The Sports Page is located .5 miles from the entrance of the Shoreline Amplitheatre. The bar has plenty of parking available but you might not be allowed to leave your car there for the duration of the show. It is my recommendation (to maximize your fun) to park you car at the venue, and take the short walk to the bar!

To Benefit: Building Bridges Camp
Building Bridges Camp is designed to give individuals who use Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) and Assistive Technology (AT) an opportunity to develop their communication skills in a fun, motivating, no-pressure environment. Each year, 40 campers ages 5-17 years, attend a week-long overnight camping experience. Divided into four groups according to age, campers participate in activities designed to support the development of their AAC and AT skills. Building Bridges Camp is a great opportunity for kids to develop increased independence and skills in a fun, motivating, no-pressure environment.

Throughout the week, campers will have opportunities to participate in swimming, horseback riding, arts & crafts, evening skits, and campfires.

The camp program is designed to utilize adults that are attending the Training Institute portion of the camp, by pairing camper and adult together throughout the week. We encourage campers to bring a trainer with them to the Training Institute, however, it is not a requirement. If a camper does not have someone attending with them, someone will be assigned to them.

Building Bridges Camp Fundraising Raffle/Auction Items:
  • Limited Edition Mike McCready “Pick” pull-over hoodie, donated by Wishlist Foundation FOXYMOP and CO.
  • Various bootlegs, donated by Wishlist Foundation FOXYMOP and CO.
  • "Get Right" Tee (mens medium), donated by LIZARD
  • 2004 Christmas Single, donated by LIZARD
  • Missoula Tester 2005 poster, donated by PJTRADEKING
  • Halifax 2005 poster, donated by PJTRADEKING
  • Who You Are single, donated by PISSBOTTLEMAN
  • Cincinnatti 2006 Bootleg, donated by PISSBOTTLEMAN
  • Paris/Italy 2000 poster, donated by PEARLJGIRL2010
  • 8/14/93 Manitoba DVDs, donated by MUDFEST
  • SF 1,2,3 2006 Bootleg package, donated by BONOWALL
  • LA 2006 poster (Ames), donated by BONOWALL
  • 1 1gig iPod Shuffle loaded to the max with PJ songs and boots, donated by DOGMAN11
  • 1 Lower Level (100s) Bridge Show Ticket (Sunday), donated by DOGMAN11
  • 1 pair of Upper Level (200s) Bridge Show Tickets (Sunday), donated by Linda
  • 2 8X10 Autographed Band Photos, donated by PEARL JAM.
    (A good question came to me about this item...was it donated by a fan with the name Pearl Jam or the actual band? Folks, this is the REAL DEAL!!! FoxyMop sent a letter to band mgmt about getting something from them to raise money for Bridge School and they sent us (me) two signed photos. They are B&W band photos with signatures in silver ink above every member. THIS IS SWEET!!!)

Raffle Ticket Prices:
3 tickets for $5
8 tickets for $10

Buy as many as you want - all proceeds go directly to the Building Bridges Camp! On the day of the Event I will have flyers showing which items will be raffled off and which items will be up for auction. The list above is just to reflect the inventory that we currently have received to date (with more coming in)!!!!

PJ Related Merchandise
A limited amount of Mike, Ed, Stone & Jeff “pick” t-shirts will be available for purchase for $20. Yield and 45” insert logo wristbands will also be available for purchase for $8.00. Proceeds to go to the Building Bridges Camp.

Venue:
Bridge School Benefit – 20th Anniversary
Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View , CA
Sat, Oct 21, 2006 04:00 PM

Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews Band, Brian Wilson, Foo Fighters, Trent Reznor, Death Cab for Cutie, Gillian Welch, Devendra Banhart

Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C003D2CEC2BB2BC?artistid=807229&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Lodging
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-340513-cowper_inn-i
$125 per night - The Cowper Inn (4 blocks from the Pre-party venue in PA, 5 miles from Concert)
This is a B&B and the rate you'll see quoted in the link ($100) is for shared baths. The group rate she quoted me ($125) are for rooms with private baths. The location is great. it's a safe area...don't know how nice the rooms are though. I spoke with Lena. 4 or more to get rate.

Evite RSVP Site for both events:
http://www.evite.com/pages/gt/events/viewPub.jsp?eventID=DOFRPBLZLDIQVDNMKVGM

If you would like to donate anything – posters, t-shirts, bootlegs and other memorabilia, please post here or PM me!

Chris / bonowall
HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
www.wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Man, I'd love to be there, but sadly I will be driving up from SoCal on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it.

Whoever does go, have a great time!

Hopefully I'll see some of you at the private post-Bridge School PJ show on Monday!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Thanks - hopefully we get enough people to show up on Friday so that when we leave, they will want us there for a post-show party on Saturday. She mentioned that option on the phone as well. Everything is based on Friday though.

See you soon!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    Thanks for the info, can't say for sure whether my group will be going or not though, sorry

it will all depend on how everyone feels come that night - we're all coming from miles and miles and miles away, so we may not feel up to going too far that night especially considering our hotel has a free happy hour from 5 to 7 :)
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Just added that I will be there :)
  • Options
    hey Pure and Easy -

I hear ya on the drive and it beatin the hell out of ya but think about it - happy hour from 5-7 and then end it all with a bang in PA!!!!

Im sure you could get a ride from someone!!!!

What hotel are you at?

Hey STPMatt - SWEET!!!!!! See you there!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I'm also coming in on Saturday...so if there's something Saturday night, I can do it.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    well, actually I'm flying 3000 miles to get there :)

we're staying at the Embassy Suites in Santa Clara, it's about 13 miles from the party place - looks like it might be straight up the highway so that shouldn't be too bad

i'm not saying it's not going to happen, I just don't want to add my group and then let you down by not living up to the expectations of the size of the group that the manager expects
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Man, I'd love to be there, but sadly I will be driving up from SoCal on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it.

Whoever does go, have a great time!
    Same here. Anything going on after Sat night show?
  • Options
    FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    okay, I'm in for Friday night.........and Saturday afternoon..........and Saturday night.............and Sunday afternoon..............and Sunday night...........

I'm not leaving til monday or tuesday.........helps when your girlfriend works for Expedia and gets hotel discounts.....
  • Options
    I'm coming. Yeah! Thanks for setting this up. Can't wait to meet everyone!
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    okay, I'm in for Friday night.........and Saturday afternoon..........and Saturday night.............and Sunday afternoon..............and Sunday night...........

I'm not leaving til monday or tuesday.........helps when your girlfriend works for Expedia and gets hotel discounts.....

Can you hook me up with your girlfriend? Please?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    I'm in for Saturday.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    bonowall wrote:
    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20th - 8:00PM
    PALO ALTO, CA

http://www.evite.com/pages/gt/events/viewPub.jsp?eventID=DOFRPBLZLDIQVDNMKVGM

PS - now we just need to get some support from either the WishList Foundation or CCFA...I think one of them (or both) should be there for donations. Can someone help me make this happen?

Hey bono,

PM sent!

Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Well, if I can find a ride to Palo Alto w/my gals, then we'll see. :) YEA for a pre-party! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    I should be there ...
    Flying into sanfran on friday 7pm .....

Thought I would bring copies of my fav PJ DVD to give away or trade for a cold beer ...

(see below)

Let me know if you are interested and I will begin to burn baby burn

Muddy

1993-08-14 Gimli Manitoba
    I was at this show....loved it

right off the sound board great quality......

Here is the set list ..

Even Flow, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Gimme Shelter), Go, State Of Love And Trust, Garden, Blood, Alive, Black, Once, Porch, Indifference, Sonic Reducer, Rockin' In The Free World, Baba O'Riley
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    I should be there ...
    Flying into sanfran on friday 7pm .....

Thought I would bring copies of my fav PJ DVD to give away or trade for a cold beer ...

(see below)

Let me know if you are interested and I will begin to burn baby burn

Muddy

I was at this show....loved it

right off the sound board great quality......

Here is the set list ..

Even Flow, Why Go, Deep, Jeremy, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Gimme Shelter), Go, State Of Love And Trust, Garden, Blood, Alive, Black, Once, Porch, Indifference, Sonic Reducer, Rockin' In The Free World, Baba O'Riley

What kind of cold beer do you prefer? See the PM.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, can't say for sure whether my group will be going or not though, sorry

it will all depend on how everyone feels come that night - we're all coming from miles and miles and miles away, so we may not feel up to going too far that night especially considering our hotel has a free happy hour from 5 to 7 :)

Hi!
    Who is all in your group?
    And what time do you come in on Friday? Or are you coming in on Thurs.?
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    someone should arrange some sort of after-party that begins during the DMB set.....I'd much rather kick it with the jamily than listen to that.
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    well, actually I'm flying 3000 miles to get there :)

we're staying at the Embassy Suites in Santa Clara, it's about 13 miles from the party place - looks like it might be straight up the highway so that shouldn't be too bad

i'm not saying it's not going to happen, I just don't want to add my group and then let you down by not living up to the expectations of the size of the group that the manager expects

Considering the fact that our cell phones barely worked at Shoreline, I really hope you and your group can make it. :)
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    a bump!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    One more bump until Kat makes us STICKY!!!

Details are coming together - i will be doing a lot of work today to kick this into high gear (with the help of Foxy, Hsewif and Tish)

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    hsewif wrote:
    Considering the fact that our cell phones barely worked at Shoreline, I really hope you and your group can make it. :)

If you have Verizon you'll be fine. Any other carrier-- good luck.
    "I just want to thank you for the opportunity to communicate with so many of you.
    And I know that the bootlegs, people will hear them, and people who weren't here will hear them, and it might sound overly emotional, but if they were here they'd understand."
  • Options
    hsewif wrote:

where did you end up finding lodging? I'll definately see you there, if not at the party, I believe there's a meetup at the actual show by the big bar outside near all the vending. That's where we met up last time.

KM - my group, me, my brother, idratherbe and her hubby, lab and purple, Rich (not on the board), hopefully PJammin', and when speaking of our group, I've been including you and your hubby as far as who's hanging on the lawn with us :) We should be at the hotel by 2:00 on Friday. send a pm and let me know your plans.

Where exactly do you live, you'll be traveling too right? Where are you staying?
  • Options
    where did you end up finding lodging? I'll definately see you there, if not at the party, I believe there's a meetup at the actual show by the big bar outside near all the vending. That's where we met up last time.

KM - my group, me, my brother, idratherbe and her hubby, lab and purple, Rich (not on the board), hopefully PJammin', and when speaking of our group, I've been including you and your hubby as far as who's hanging on the lawn with us :) We should be at the hotel by 2:00 on Friday. send a pm and let me know your plans.

Where exactly do you live, you'll be traveling too right? Where are you staying?

hey, just letting you all know that i got a group rate (4 or more) at a place a few blocks away from The Blue Chalk in Palo Alto.

$125 a night - The Cowper Inn.
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    may i come? :D
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    of course you can come....come ONE, come all!!!!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    BUMP!!

if me and VEDHEAD27 can find a ride to Palo Alto from the Oakland/Alameda area, then we will SURELY go :D damn being a broke ass bitch w/NO car :(

anyway, hope to see ya'll there! ;)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Thanks Kat!!!!!!

I appreciate the Sticky!
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Options
    It really seems like you guys have put a lot of work into this, nice job.