Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    I'd like to strip the bone OFF
    I'd like to pull your wings OFF
    CONE OF SHAME CONE OF SHAME

Classy stuff!!!!!!!
    Need more fnm
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Separation Anxiety" has a nice old school FNM vibe to it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    ‘The Real Thing’ is still my favorite FNM album. To be fair though, it’s probably in my top 10-15 records of all-time.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Matador, Separation Anxiety, Cone of Shame & From the Dead are unreal. I really like Sunny Side Up too, from the first second I heard it... it’s weird, but I really like it. I dig the rest of the album... some songs more than others for sure, but SI is a solid contribution to FNM’s catalog. 

My posters from secret serpents got delivered yesterday... the foil for the second Boston ‘15 show is unreal, I’m glad I spent the extra $ for the variant. Also, what are the odds I get the Philly poster delivered to my house ten years after the show to the day? 

If anyone is interested, they sent me a code for 15% off any purchases. I got all I’ll be getting from that website so if anyone wants a coupon code, send me a DM. 

Secret serpents has a few scratch and dent fnm posters. I grabbed one from webster hall show I saw for 25 bucks! I held off on poster. Not my favorite but couldn't resist the price and a variant! Checkitouuuut
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Loujoe said:
    Secret serpents has a few scratch and dent fnm posters. I grabbed one from webster hall show I saw for 25 bucks! I held off on poster. Not my favorite but couldn't resist the price and a variant! Checkitouuuut
    $25 for a Tara McPherson? Great score, great print. 
    ^yeah! was a killer show too! A last minute decision to go, small venue...merch table there much diff than pj. I passed on everything, but they sold posters, band signed for 75. Nobody was camping out for them or really seemed to care. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited September 2021
    FNM and Mr Bungle tours cancelled. Mike Patton says his mental health isn't where it needs to be, and refuses to perform if he can't be 100%. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/faith-no-more-mr-bungle-cancel-concerts-1226220/
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• FNM and Mr Bungle tours cancelled. Mike Patton says his mental health isn't where it needs to be, and refuses to perform if he can't be 100%. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/faith-no-more-mr-bungle-cancel-concerts-1226220/
    That's a bummer. 

Glad I didn't plan to travel for any shows, that dual billing for both Bungle & FNM @ Riot Fest seemed too good to be true. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    What a shame. Hope he gets well soon. 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    BIG BUMMER!  Get well Mike..
  • Never knew he struggled in the past, but OTOH, that's not surprising considering how private he is. It must be pretty serious for him to cancel the gigs. 

Hope he gets better soon... the term GOAT is thrown around way too much these days, but in Patton's case I think it's applicable.
  • ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 142
    I had tickets to the Maryland Heights MO show that was supposed to be tomorrow and for Knotfest in Indianola IA. Bummed that I don’t get to see them, but I’m glad he’s doing whatever he needs to do to be well. There’ll be other shows.
  • I hope this is because he’s smart & stays off social media, and not something bigger / more serious: 

• I hope I’m reading too much into it, but that second sentence… ugh. 

Scary stuff 
    Glad he is still with us all. I can't take any more people leaving this planet too early.
  • Loujoe said:
    Glad he is still with us all. I can't take any more people leaving this planet too early.
    I’m with you, to this day I’m embarrassed at how hard I took Cornell’s death… & I wasn’t half the fan of him that I am of Patton. 

I was thinking tonight on my drive home of the time I met Patton in NYC in between 2 shows he was doing w/ John Zorn on New Years Eve (Knitting Factory, maybe?). He took a minute to talk to me when I approached him, even though I don’t think he had it & also posed for a picture. He was gracious. 

Hands down my all time favorite. Had tix for Korn & FNM last September… hope he gets better first & foremost & hope I get the opportunity to see him again next year. 
    Loujoe said:
    I’m with you, to this day I’m embarrassed at how hard I took Cornell’s death… & I wasn’t half the fan of him that I am of Patton. 

I was thinking tonight on my drive home of the time I met Patton in NYC in between 2 shows he was doing w/ John Zorn on New Years Eve (Knitting Factory, maybe?). He took a minute to talk to me when I approached him, even though I don’t think he had it & also posed for a picture. He was gracious. 

Hands down my all time favorite. Had tix for Korn & FNM last September… hope he gets better first & foremost & hope I get the opportunity to see him again next year. 
    I’m a HUGE MP fan. He definitely broadened my horizons musically. I’ve seen him live so many times over the years , in countless different bands. He is my all time favorite vocalist. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    Loujoe said:

I’m a HUGE MP fan. He definitely broadened my horizons musically. I’ve seen him live so many times over the years , in countless different bands. He is my all time favorite vocalist. 
    Couldn't agree more.   Mike is a musical/vocal genius of the highest order.  His music has meant so much to me over the last 30 years.  All of his bands/projects have spoke to me in so many different ways.  I'm happy for him that he can admit so publicly that he has mental health issues that need attention. Not an easy thing to do in the rock world. Get well Mike..
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited December 2021
    They cancelled all of their 2022 dates… what the f is going on that they’re cancelling shows 6-7 months out?

Sounds like the Covid lockdown has really fucked Mike Patton up!
    mr bungle said:
    I respect his privacy, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t love any sort of update about him. Im
    seriously concerned. 
    Couldn't hurt to let fans know what's up in time. It may help someone else. Take care all
    nicknyr15 said:
    mr bungle said:
    I respect his privacy, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t love any sort of update about him. Im
    seriously concerned. 
    Same here.  He's said in the past that keeping busy with music and all of his many projects is what helps keep him sane.  So for him to pull back from the music is disturbing.  Let's hope he's addressing his issues in a healthy and productive way.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Well, we could look at it this way: he's being responsible enough not to push through keeping the dates and making himself insane. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Well, we could look at it this way: he's being responsible enough not to push through keeping the dates and making himself insane. 
    absalutely
    Mayyybeee when he pops out again we will get another ear altering fnm record. ehT tsal eno si brupus