*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Good god
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Lol
    well yea it's funny if you think Shaq is a top 5 player of all time when he is not even top 5 that has played for 1 franchise itself.  stick to soccer big guy.  
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    pjhawks said:
    Lol
    well yea it's funny if you think Shaq is a top 5 player of all time when he is not even top 5 that has played for 1 franchise itself.  stick to soccer big guy.  
    I try to stay out of the arguments on this thread for the most part, but you’re way out of line here. 

Shaq’s numbers in the three Finals from 2000-2002 are other-worldly. That stretch of years is some of the most jaw dropping dominance in the history of basketball. Even if he only played those 3 years with those numbers, it would still be laughable to even say his name in the same sentence as Ben Simmons at this point of his career. 

Complete and utter nonsense. 
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    Lol
    I try to stay out of the arguments on this thread for the most part, but you’re way out of line here. 

Shaq’s numbers in the three Finals from 2000-2002 are other-worldly. That stretch of years is some of the most jaw dropping dominance in the history of basketball. Even if he only played those 3 years with those numbers, it would still be laughable to even say his name in the same sentence as Ben Simmons at this point of his career. 

Complete and utter nonsense. 
    huh, what are you talking about?  I didn't compare Ben Simmons to Shaq. All I said was that Shaq talking about Ben not working on his game is a little hypocritical since you know Shaq didn't really improve his game.  And his free throw shooting was so bad they literally had to change the rules.   

And if anyone thinks Shaq was better than LeBron, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Wilt and Jerry West they are fucking morons. So yea to say Shaq is one of the greatest 5 players of all time when he is not 1 of the 5 greatest players to play for the Lakers they are behind help.  

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    GreenShirtGuy Becomes Internet Legend After Laughing Uncontrollably at  Trump Supporters  Complex
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited September 2021
    No, he's just slurping for Ben because Lizard Brain makes the connection of abhorring The Process with now finding any reason to defend anything anti-Process, such as the case with Mr. Dumb Dumb here feeling a need to defend Ben against two hall of fame players who have won championships. And I know you're selective in your arguments, so I'll say again - Chuck left town because he wasn't getting paid. Something this fucking overentitled brat got before he even showed the stats. Chuck was shown the door because Harold Katz was a fucking cheapskate.

It's like how he'd bring up Ryan Howard and Andy Reid's names in anything. Like how my father in law can usurp any benign conversation into a Jesus Christ Fox News segment ("Did the Phillies win? Oh yeah? Yeah, I'll tell you who's not winning. The American people. Those chem trails up there in the sky? Obama. The Muslim terrorists want you to think abortion is ok.")

And we're seriously gonna sit here and thumb our assholes of where Shaq ranks? Top 5, top 10? Who gives a fuck? The stats are marginal vs most of these guys, sans Lebron because Lebron is the exception to almost every and all rules. Shaq was a beast and one of the greatest centers to play the game.

There is no hypocrisy because both Shaq and Chuck proved it on the court, and whatever deficiencies they may have had found other ways to compensate to win. Ben does not. Stop reaching.

Between them: multiple rings, first ballot hall of famers, MVPs (multiple). Like what the fuck are we talking about here? Chuck and Shaq can talk all the shit they want on Ben and they're not wrong.

More importantly, to everyone else, ignore this dumb dumb. Like I said, made for a great morning of reading to start the day.

https://stathead.com/tiny/LCQvA  vs West

https://stathead.com/tiny/GAquD vs Kareem

https://stathead.com/tiny/9o8HT vs Lebron

https://stathead.com/tiny/wt5qv vs Kobe

https://stathead.com/tiny/cl8w7 vs Magic

https://stathead.com/tiny/fMAd3 vs Ben
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    I don't think Chuck won a championship. He was still an awesome player - just in a tough era.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    He did not, but, regardless, the point(s) stand!
    Criticizing Barkley and Shaq's careers (lol), instead of actually responding to their accurate criticisms of Mr. August is a clear indicator of a weak point of view and just an attempt to waste people's time in yet another dumb argument. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    Shaq > Kobe 

And I’ll fight to the death over that opinion. Revisionist historians be damned.
    No, he's just slurping for Ben because Lizard Brain makes the connection of abhorring The Process with now finding any reason to defend anything anti-Process, such as the case with Mr. Dumb Dumb here feeling a need to defend Ben against two hall of fame players who have won championships. And I know you're selective in your arguments, so I'll say again - Chuck left town because he wasn't getting paid. Something this fucking overentitled brat got before he even showed the stats. Chuck was shown the door because Harold Katz was a fucking cheapskate.

It's like how he'd bring up Ryan Howard and Andy Reid's names in anything. Like how my father in law can usurp any benign conversation into a Jesus Christ Fox News segment ("Did the Phillies win? Oh yeah? Yeah, I'll tell you who's not winning. The American people. Those chem trails up there in the sky? Obama. The Muslim terrorists want you to think abortion is ok.")

And we're seriously gonna sit here and thumb our assholes of where Shaq ranks? Top 5, top 10? Who gives a fuck? The stats are marginal vs most of these guys, sans Lebron because Lebron is the exception to almost every and all rules. Shaq was a beast and one of the greatest centers to play the game.

There is no hypocrisy because both Shaq and Chuck proved it on the court, and whatever deficiencies they may have had found other ways to compensate to win. Ben does not. Stop reaching.

Between them: multiple rings, first ballot hall of famers, MVPs (multiple). Like what the fuck are we talking about here? Chuck and Shaq can talk all the shit they want on Ben and they're not wrong.

More importantly, to everyone else, ignore this dumb dumb. Like I said, made for a great morning of reading to start the day.

https://stathead.com/tiny/LCQvA  vs West

https://stathead.com/tiny/GAquD vs Kareem

https://stathead.com/tiny/9o8HT vs Lebron

https://stathead.com/tiny/wt5qv vs Kobe

https://stathead.com/tiny/cl8w7 vs Magic

https://stathead.com/tiny/fMAd3 vs Ben
    well first off Cliffy said Shaq was top 5 or top 10. that is where that comment came from. But pick and choose what to pick on.

and I haven't defended Ben since the playoffs.  I still think he is great and the Sixers will most likely be a worse team when he is gone.

but hey it's cool to call me names, it doesn't bother me.  just don't be like the other guy and be a tattle tale when the shoe is on the other foot if that every happens. 
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

And I’ll fight to the death over that opinion. Revisionist historians be damned.
    You are entitled to your (wrong) opinion.  That is what makes sports great. But isn't it interesting that when the Lakers had to choose between Shaq and Kobe they chose Kobe and got rid of Shaq?  
    edited September 2021
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

Mmmmm.....I don't know man. Couple of top tenner's for sure, though. Tough to compare a center and guard.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

You are entitled to your (wrong) opinion.  That is what makes sports great. But isn't it interesting that when the Lakers had to choose between Shaq and Kobe they chose Kobe and got rid of Shaq?  
    When they chose to stick with the guy that was just entering his prime vs. the guy that was exiting his prime? Yeah, what a head scratcher. 
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

Mmmmm.....I don't know man. Couple of top tenner's for sure, though. Tough to compare a center and guard.
    Well my argument is predicated on the admission that Kobe was very distinctly Robin to Shaq’s Batman during the 3-peat. It was not 1A and 1B like some people like to argue now. Kobe was still very young at that point, and he wasn’t going to carry a team to the Finals if Shaq wasn’t there. Shaq, on the other hand, I believe could have still won those 3 rings with just about any other all-star reserve quality player. 

I have several other reasons I would say Shaq > Kobe that I don’t feel like typing up right now. I’d say Shaq falls somewhere in the 7-10 range while Kobe is more like 11-13. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    “The Process” is officially a failure.
    Lol...not quite, my friend. 
    yeah, it is. you have one #1 left from your bazillion picks.
    And he's a top 5 player in the game, who just put up one of the best season's in franchise history. They were a 1 seed who underachieved (because of Ben) but this was pretty much the only team since Dr J left (almost 40 years ago) who had a legit chance to win it all. The whole point of tanking a few years was to get that kind of player or players that would put them in that position. As currently constructed, they're still a top 2 or 3 seed in the East right now anyway. 

Plus he just signed an extension so....yeah it's far from over. 
    Stop it.  Please stop trying to justify the process...

If they can win a chip I will give them partial credit.
    He changes the argument to suit the current status of the Process. Originally it was to win a championship.  Now that they still have not gone further in the playoffs than they did before the Process started the argument has changed to it was to acquire stars.  After they trade Simmons they will most likely then have 1 star left after what 8 years of the process?  And that 1 star can't stay on the court. But yea Trust the Process. 
    ‘zactly.

coulda just drafted the true ROY at #12
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited September 2021
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    “The Process” is officially a failure.
    Lol...not quite, my friend. 
    yeah, it is. you have one #1 left from your bazillion picks.
    And he's a top 5 player in the game, who just put up one of the best season's in franchise history. They were a 1 seed who underachieved (because of Ben) but this was pretty much the only team since Dr J left (almost 40 years ago) who had a legit chance to win it all. The whole point of tanking a few years was to get that kind of player or players that would put them in that position. As currently constructed, they're still a top 2 or 3 seed in the East right now anyway. 

Plus he just signed an extension so....yeah it's far from over. 
    Stop it.  Please stop trying to justify the process...

If they can win a chip I will give them partial credit.
    He changes the argument to suit the current status of the Process. Originally it was to win a championship.  Now that they still have not gone further in the playoffs than they did before the Process started the argument has changed to it was to acquire stars.  After they trade Simmons they will most likely then have 1 star left after what 8 years of the process?  And that 1 star can't stay on the court. But yea Trust the Process. 
    ‘zactly.

coulda just drafted the true ROY at #12
    Sure.  He won the ROY and Trump won the election. Lol. 
    Unfortunately Ben has plateaued or even gotten worse since then and Don’s improved his game so…fuck the Jazz. They’re still just okay. Lol
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

Well my argument is predicated on the admission that Kobe was very distinctly Robin to Shaq’s Batman during the 3-peat. It was not 1A and 1B like some people like to argue now. Kobe was still very young at that point, and he wasn’t going to carry a team to the Finals if Shaq wasn’t there. Shaq, on the other hand, I believe could have still won those 3 rings with just about any other all-star reserve quality player. 

I have several other reasons I would say Shaq > Kobe that I don’t feel like typing up right now. I’d say Shaq falls somewhere in the 7-10 range while Kobe is more like 11-13. 
    All I know is I scored 2 points vs Kobe in garbage time in an 8th grade basketball game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

All I know is I scored 2 points vs Kobe in garbage time in an 8th grade basketball game. 
    🐐
    People still hung up on this stupid Ben Simmons rookie thing? Jeez let it go already.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    pjhawks said:
    Lol
    I repeat, lol
    edited September 2021
    RiotZact said:
    pjhawks said:
    RiotZact said:
    Shaq > Kobe 

When they chose to stick with the guy that was just entering his prime vs. the guy that was exiting his prime? Yeah, what a head scratcher. 
    Shaq played 7 more years after he left the Lakers.  Not exactly end of his career.  and how about Kobe himself calling Shaq 'lazy' and said they would have won 10 championships if Shaq tried harder.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    Lol
    I repeat, lol
    instead of a snarky response want to tell me which of the players i mentioned who have played for the Lakers he was better than? No reasonable NBA historian or person who has covered the NBA thinks his career was better than LeBron, Kareem, Wilt, or Magic. Not one.    So maybe Kobe or Jerry West?  maybe...so at best he is the 5th best player who has played for the Lakers. And you will get a lot of people who will tell you that Kobe and/or Jerry West had better careers.  So yea stick to soccer.

Again I think there are clearly a top 8 in NBA history that most people who follow the NBA agree on in some order:
    Jordan
    LeBron
    Kareem
    Magic
    Bird
    Wilt
    Oscar Robertson
    Bill Russell

Alright...5, 10, maybe 15, whatever. The point remains. I also don't really care that much, just thought it was odd to call out one of the best players ever.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    so is simmons done with us now or do you think he comes to his senses and plays with us this year?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited September 2021
    so is simmons done with us now or do you think he comes to his senses and plays with us this year?
    He's done. Fuck him.

His first game back at the Center for his new team will be TO w/the Cowboys in '06 all over again....except I can almost guarantee Ben will sit that game out.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited September 2021
    Place is gonna go ape shit for a free frosty. I’ll be there for that game. Will be all time boos 
    Place is gonna go ape shit for a free frosty. I’ll be there for that game. Will be all time boos 
    I'd be shocked if he has the balls to actually suit up in his first game back
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'd be shocked if he has the balls to actually suit up in his first game back
    He has to. He’ll be the biggest pussy in the history of the league if not.
    Should just be on StubHub as The Frosty Game.