Eddie Vedder New Album Earthling

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess I’m the only one slightly disappointed this isn’t new Pearl Jam. I guess we’ll have to wait another 7 years. 
    Their last album was released at the outset of the pandemic and they haven't even toured yet.  
    I think that was either sarcasm or a typical Pearl Jam fan.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess I’m the only one slightly disappointed this isn’t new Pearl Jam. I guess we’ll have to wait another 7 years. 
    I'm with you on this. It's been two years and I still can't get into Gigaton. If had sounded more like this it would have been a good album.  Can't wait for this one.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Not my cup of tea however I m excited to hear the rest of the album.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Great tune. I was wondering why he'd been spending so much time in L.A. lately. I guess he could drop this anytime. Would be cool if it gets released the week before Ohana, but I can also see him waiting until after the PJ shows. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    first single September? I'd imagine full album November or December. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    Still holdin onto my Quebec tickets for the band, but perhaps late 2022 (if we can become vaccinated and not allow more mutations) it'd be cool for a small theater tour. 10c hookin me up with third row seats for his 2008 show at the Boston Opera House was one of my favorite experiences of all time. Not sure I'm completely feeling the lyrics to this one yet, but the single is overall really beautiful.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    Their last album was released at the outset of the pandemic and they haven't even toured yet.  
    And? 5 song writers in one band. You’re telling me it’s crazy to hope for a few new songs? I am learning to lower all expectations from a “fan friendly band “ perspective. Wish I was a bigger Foo Fighters fan. They seem to thrive on playing shows and releasing new music. The killers released two albums in 2 years after a relatively slow output, thanks to lock down. I don’t think I’m being that unrealistic. Maybe if I was more into merch and toys and colored vinyl I’d be happier? 
    ^And right after I type this I see FF are playing a surprise show tomorrow…………. 

kramer73 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I think that was either sarcasm or a typical Pearl Jam fan.
    Typical fan. Just expressing my thoughts. 
  • Well, it's a little to poppy for my taste, but glad others are digging it. Can't wait to get the whole album.

However, "should of known" in the lyric video? How embarrassing and sloppy...
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    And? 5 song writers in one band. You’re telling me it’s crazy to hope for a few new songs? I am learning to lower all expectations from a “fan friendly band “ perspective. Wish I was a bigger Foo Fighters fan. They seem to thrive on playing shows and releasing new music. The killers released two albums in 2 years after a relatively slow output, thanks to lock down. I don’t think I’m being that unrealistic. Maybe if I was more into merch and toys and colored vinyl I’d be happier? 
    Your expectations of this band are unrealistic.  To each their own.  I saw Foos in 2008 and once was enough.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • igotid88 said:
    I hear a Petty influence 
    Totally. Lot of us on the same page.
    Fenway Park: 8/7/2016
    Fenway Park: 9/2/2018
    Fenway Park: 9/4/2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    generally, expectations should be based on past experience/knowledge. yes, your expectations are out of sync with how this band has operated for about 15 years or so. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    generally, expectations should be based on past experience/knowledge. yes, your expectations are out of sync with how this band has operated for about 15 years or so. 
    No matter the expectations, I get disappointed sometimes. Sorry??
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,838
    Awesome news! Can’t wait to listen! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I miss igotid88

I miss igotid88
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    No matter the expectations, I get disappointed sometimes. Sorry??
    of course that's allowed, lol. I get disappointed all the time, doesn't mean my disappointment is in line with logical expectations. 

not that I'd say no to another pearl jam release, but I'd love to see how the Gigaton touring cycle plays out. instead of it being kind of a "lost album". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Gigaton deserves the love it hasn't gotten yet
    I miss igotid88
    Long Way by Eddie Vedder is #17 on iTunes top 100 songs chart. https://apple.co/2YB5mtE
    I miss igotid88
  • pjsyco said:
    if I’m not mistaken, I believe I hear Olivia Vedder singing some harmonies in the background 
    that’s actually Harper Vedder 

It doesn't say composer after Ed's name. Did he not write this? Interesting
    Your light made us stars
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    TheGhost said:
    pjsyco said:
    if I’m not mistaken, I believe I hear Olivia Vedder singing some harmonies in the background 

Yes it does. In the photo it says “ComposerLyricist” with no space between for some reason. Right before it moves on to Harper Vedder.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Excited for the album. Liked the song, but a little repetitive. Would be a better 2 and half minute song.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    igotid88 said:
    Gigaton deserves the love it hasn't gotten yet
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RiotZact said:
    TheGhost said:
    pjsyco said:

Yes it does. In the photo it says “ComposerLyricist” with no space between for some reason. Right before it moves on to Harper Vedder.
    Oh cool. Thanks! 

Your light made us stars
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,662
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not my cup of tea however I m excited to hear the rest of the album.  
    Right there with you Mike

Its so exciting to hear new solo material from Ed. Im a massive fan generally of acoustic music and Ed's songwriting on his slower tracks. 

But this for whatever reason didnt seem to demand repeat listens, dont get me wrong its pleasant enough, but it hasnt grabbed me yet. 

Still new music from Ed is always a welcome thing, its never going to possible to write a 'long road' track every day

I always hoped that Out of Sand track would make it to a solo project one day, and well maybe it will here?
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    So is Long Way not a single, but just a track from the upcoming album? The way it is worded from the band seems to suggest that this is just a song he put out, but the actual single is coming soon....
    "Eddie Vedder has released a brand new solo-track “Long Way” from his forthcoming album Earthling...

A limited-edition 7-inch vinyl which features "Long Way" & the soon-to-be released single, "The Haves", is available for pre-order in the shop."

words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    RiotAct10 said:
    So is Long Way not a single, but just a track from the upcoming album? The way it is worded from the band seems to suggest that this is just a song he put out, but the actual single is coming soon....
    "Eddie Vedder has released a brand new solo-track “Long Way” from his forthcoming album Earthling...

A limited-edition 7-inch vinyl which features "Long Way" & the soon-to-be released single, "The Haves", is available for pre-order in the shop."

it is interesting wording, for sure. that kind of grabbed me as well. but with everything 10C/the band puts out in their wording, more often than not the dissection leads to nothing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think it just means The Haves is the next single
    I miss igotid88
    friend of mine told me he thinks the track is weak, and that I'm going all in on "dad rock". I googled dad rock, and this is what came up, I shit you not:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dad+rock&source=lmns&bih=1007&biw=1920&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA894CA894&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjbh5DyivLyAhXKqHIEHalKBnMQ_AUoAHoECAEQAA
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD