The Wire

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Breaking Bad comes in just behind The Wire and The Sopranos. Easily the three best ever though. 

Game of Thrones can kick rocks. 
    The Americans was fantastic. Behind BB and The Wire for me, but close with Sopranos IMO.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    tbergs said:
    Breaking Bad comes in just behind The Wire and The Sopranos. Easily the three best ever though. 

Game of Thrones can kick rocks. 
    The Americans was fantastic. Behind BB and The Wire for me, but close with Sopranos IMO.
    Great show
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    All for some Honey Nut Cheerios. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    It’s pretty awesome how they never followed up on Rawls’ appearance at the gay bar. 
    Here's the thing for me. When most of the robustly developed characters from The Wire met their maker, I felt that shit.

The Sopranos, on the other hand, was full of one-dimensional deplorable, piece-of-shit, knuckle-dragging oxygen thieves. That includes Dr. Melfi. Hell, she might even top the list. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    To this day I'll be watching a TV show or a movie and an actor from the Wire will pop up and I'll  be like thats Chris Partlow,  thats Bubbles, thats Bunk, etc etc
    Bunk was my all-time favorite television character for a good while.

I think Sister Night has bested Bunk at this point, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Bunk and Bubbles.  So many good characters....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Hard to pick a favorite. Everyone had some great moments throughout.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Think Bodie was my favorite from the streets. Can't really beat Bunk from the cops.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I rewatched the Sopranos a few months back.  Great show but not "the greatest".  I would put GOT and Breaking Bad ahead of it.

Agree on Breaking Bad.  That's my top show of all time.  Sopranos is a close 2nd.  GOT would have been up there if not for that horrific final season....I still randomly think about that sometimes and get pissed off.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    RIP 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    edited September 2021
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Awwww shit, man.  Fucking drugs.  
    He was amazing in everything.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Amazing actor. Had no clue he battled drug addiction. RIP
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Fuck fuck fuck.

Thought the drugs were a thing of the past. Guess they never are
    Fuck fuck fuck.

Thought the drugs were a thing of the past. Guess they never are

daily maintenance....

back in feb on the wtf podcast he seemed solid and grounded. sounded that way to my ear anyway.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Yeah Chalky's right up there with Omar. Two amazing characters. What a great actor. 

Also, I didn't realize (or I guess I forgot) that he was in the Sopranos until my re-watch this summer. Jackie Jr stayed with him and his daughter in the projects right before he was killed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    RIP, Great Actor

Wonder if its another Fentanyl incident, you never know whats in that shit on the street...but if dealers are cutting Coke with Fentanyl they should never see the light of day

3 people died over the weekend at a hollywood party, one of the guys was a comedian...Lone survivor was Darius Rucker's ex gf....hope she pulls through to give info on the douche dealers identity(s)
    Yeah Chalky's right up there with Omar. Two amazing characters. What a great actor. 

Also, I didn't realize (or I guess I forgot) that he was in the Sopranos until my re-watch this summer. Jackie Jr stayed with him and his daughter in the projects right before he was killed. 

Leonard from Hap & Leonard -- amazing - lighter & funny, but still weighted, like everything he did.
    Montrose from Lovecraft Country -- more of the same awesomeness.

Really one of the best.

Leonard from Hap & Leonard -- amazing - lighter & funny, but still weighted, like everything he did.

Really one of the best.

that body brokers from early this year was very good.

reveals the drug rehab industry.

yes, industry.. ..

mickeyrat said:

Really one of the best.

that body brokers from early this year was very good.

reveals the drug rehab industry.

yes, industry.. ..

Didn't see that but will check it out, thanks.
    edited September 2021
    link to imdb site for Body Brokers

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

Wow!  Thanks for sharing! Two great American actors and human beings!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    mickeyrat said:
    link to imdb site for Body Brokers

Thanks.  Looks disturbing.  Will flag it to watch when that fits the mood.
     Check out "Remembering Michael K. Williams" via web: http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/remembering-michael-k-williams

adfree replay from feb