But I know we can’t all stay here forever
    So I’ll write my words
    On the face of today

…and then they’ll paint it

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited August 2021
    brianlux said:
    I am thrilled to be able to walk again!
    Tuesday night, I started getting a sharp pain in the inner side of my left hip- a stabbing pain in the inside part of the joint. It quickly got worse to the point that all of Tuesday night I was in excruciating pain, could not get comfortable and could not sleep at all. The next morning, yesterday morning, I was a total wreck. My wife was able to get me an appointment the AM and drove me in to see my doctor. I could not walk on my own and even using a cane, it was very hard to move much at all and still in constant pain. Getting up and down in a chair was worse- absolutely killer stabbing pain in my hip. I was given a prescription for pain and sent to radiology for x-rays. By that evening the pain had finally subsided a little and I could get around a bit more with the cane. This morning was even better- I only needed the cane for light support and the pain was even more reduced.
    And now, this evening, being cautious, I can walk on my own again! I still have pain in the hip joint but far, far less and it is no longer constant. That first 24 hours of agony though was really challenging. Sure glad to be past that point!
    jesus brian, stop moshing around to Black Flag. we ain't gettin' any younger. 

(hehe, glad you're better)

Haha!  Just saw this and it made me laugh!  And oh man, with living in the midst of chaos and turmoil lately, man did a laugh feel good!  Thank you, bud! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Rowing in circles. Eternally 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Excited for my niece who is getting married later this afternoon 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Not ready. 

For any of it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    Not ready. 

For any of it. 
    Flying by the seat of your pants…that’s always a fun one.
    dankind said:
    Not ready. 

For any of it. 
    This.  Lots of this 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Worried about everyone in Louisiana 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'm really tired from an evening of statistics. I never fail to surprise myself by taking things on where I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but somehow I manage to find my way through! At least there is tomorrow
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2021
    Oops
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
    edited August 2021
    Grieving heavily the loss by fire of some of the most beautiful places along U.S. 50 and Hwy 88 in the Sierra Mountains.  Horsetail Falls area, Saddleback Pass, much of the Strawberry area, our secret places around Tragedy Creek, Casita Flats, Flemming Meadow, Happy Valley, and even crusty Grizzly Flats which never thrilled me but was home to so many around here.  All gone. 
    I know, this is a very selfish post.  Sorry.  :-(
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    Grieving heavily the loss by fire of some of the most beautiful places along U.S. 50 and Hwy 88 in the Sierra Mountains.  Horsetail Falls area, Saddleback Pass, much of the Strawberry area, our secret places around Tragedy Creek, Casita Flats, Flemming Meadow, Happy Valley, and even crusty Grizzly Flats which never thrilled me but was home to so many around here.  All gone. 
    how is it selfish to grieve nature lost to tragedy?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:

It's not, truly it's not. 
    But it's all confusing.   I feel selfish knowing I still have a home that still standing and that I can still be in when tens of thousands of people in my community are in shelters or trailers or or sleeping in there cars in parking lots or god knows where and that many of them have no home to return to.  And yet as terrible as that is for these people (and it really is), all you hear about is "these homes were burned", and "those building were waved".  Hardly anyone talks about the massive loss of nature that is happening a few miles up the hill from my home and all over the west, and the phenomenal amount of smoke going into the air, and what the consequences of those losses will mean for our future.  I don't know what to feel anymore because it's grief, and anger, and confusion, and shame for being selfish, and uncertainty about where to go, and a lot of concern that my wife and I could be the next aimless refugees from fire, and so much doubt about the future. 

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

But it's all confusing.   I feel selfish knowing I still have a home that still standing and that I can still be in when tens of thousands of people in my community are in shelters or trailers or or sleeping in there cars in parking lots or god knows where and that many of them have no home to return to.  And yet as terrible as that is for these people (and it really is), all you hear about is "these homes were burned", and "those building were waved".  Hardly anyone talks about the massive loss of nature that is happening a few miles up the hill from my home and all over the west, and the phenomenal amount of smoke going into the air, and what the consequences of those losses will mean for our future.  I don't know what to feel anymore because it's grief, and anger, and confusion, and shame for being selfish, and uncertainty about where to go, and a lot of concern that my wife and I could be the next aimless refugees from fire, and so much doubt about the future. 

I don’t know anyone from out your way so every time I read/hear about the fires I think about you as I’m sure most around here do.  
    And what you’re feeling is totally normal IMO.  What is it they call it, survivors remorse/guilt?
    Totally normal to feel that way.  I also feel awful about the amount of land so damaged now and I believe many do.  And finally it’s ok to think about and worry about yourself, wife and property right now.  Don’t beat yourself up so much…. You sound very, very normal to me and you have to know you’re a good person otherwise you wouldn’t be thinking the way you are.  
    Plus 1
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I don’t know anyone from out your way so every time I read/hear about the fires I think about you as I’m sure most around here do.  
    And what you’re feeling is totally normal IMO.  What is it they call it, survivors remorse/guilt?
    Totally normal to feel that way.  I also feel awful about the amount of land so damaged now and I believe many do.  And finally it’s ok to think about and worry about yourself, wife and property right now.  Don’t beat yourself up so much…. You sound very, very normal to me and you have to know you’re a good person otherwise you wouldn’t be thinking the way you are.  

Thanks, cblock, much appreciated.

I’m feeling good in this moment. No pain is nice. So’s a happy mindset.

Rock on, me!
  • Relieved that I no longer have to wait hours at the hospital with my nearest and dearest, as I have over the last few weeks. 

However, that time seems to have been replaced by spending way too much time looking continuously at spreadsheets which I'm also hoping to spend less time doing very soon.

Let's hope there will be nice weather this weekend with good food and beer.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Relieved that I no longer have to wait hours at the hospital with my nearest and dearest, as I have over the last few weeks. 

However, that time seems to have been replaced by spending way too much time looking continuously at spreadsheets which I'm also hoping to spend less time doing very soon.

Hope everything is ok with your dearest. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    hedonist said:
    I’m feeling good in this moment. No pain is nice. So’s a happy mindset.

Rock on, me!
    Yay!!! Keep channeling wellness :)
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    Relieved that I no longer have to wait hours at the hospital with my nearest and dearest, as I have over the last few weeks. 

Hope everything is ok with your dearest. 
    Thanks @GlowGirl
    Everyone seems ok now.  Just a lot of ferrying around. I can have a little break now it's the weekend. Just been keeping too busy.

I hope everything is good with you? X
  • binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Tired - worked the whole night
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Bloomin exhausted! Been working plus during evenings and weekends! Hopefully be worth it.
  • Lost 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Fabulous, my wife gave me a great birthday day. I didn't have to pick up a finger for anything and got to watch sports all day, except for a 2 hr window this afternoon where I got to see my 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter 😁
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • That sounds lovely @BLACK35
    I never seem to get a moment's rest!

I've found the best way to deal with some nasty wasp bite wounds is this:

• Much better than usual, surprisingly, especially for this time of year. As a retired/disabled NYC fireman, the 9/11 anniversary, 20th this year 🙄, I am always going through a depression. It sometimes takes weeks, if not months to recover, any different year. But this past winter, I was fortunate enough to pair up with a fellow Deadhead, from Tahoe area, on a ski lift. He noticed a dancing bear sticker on my snowboard 😉. Took him to a few of my hidden powder stashes, which he much appreciated. Returning a favor, he mentioned he had a small amount of liquid lsd, which I acquired, my 1st(1/2 filled) vile. Micro’d during a few fishing/hiking canyon river trips & also at a few concerts, where I might have added a few extra drops 💦 😜.
      Long story short, my mind hasn’t been this “clear”, in the past 20 plus years. Able to focus, and accomplish more now. Most times, during the past 20+ years, I was only able to accomplish 1 or 2 minor tasks each day, that’s it 😣. And if I ran into any trouble or problem, I would get too frustrated & quit trying, & get depressed. Not sure how long I will stay in this clear, frame of mind, but it sure is satisfying, knowing that I can finally get a few thing done without anxiety and fear of failure. Not saying 💦 are for everyone, but it certainly has help me the past few months, and I am very Grateful 😜
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Much better than usual, surprisingly, especially for this time of year. As a retired/disabled NYC fireman, the 9/11 anniversary, 20th this year 🙄, I am always going through a depression. It sometimes takes weeks, if not months to recover, any different year. But this past winter, I was fortunate enough to pair up with a fellow Deadhead, from Tahoe area, on a ski lift. He noticed a dancing bear sticker on my snowboard 😉. Took him to a few of my hidden powder stashes, which he much appreciated. Returning a favor, he mentioned he had a small amount of liquid lsd, which I acquired, my 1st(1/2 filled) vile. Micro’d during a few fishing/hiking canyon river trips & also at a few concerts, where I might have added a few extra drops 💦 😜.
      Long story short, my mind hasn’t been this “clear”, in the past 20 plus years. Able to focus, and accomplish more now. Most times, during the past 20+ years, I was only able to accomplish 1 or 2 minor tasks each day, that’s it 😣. And if I ran into any trouble or problem, I would get too frustrated & quit trying, & get depressed. Not sure how long I will stay in this clear, frame of mind, but it sure is satisfying, knowing that I can finally get a few thing done without anxiety and fear of failure. Not saying 💦 are for everyone, but it certainly has help me the past few months, and I am very Grateful 😜
    If you start dancing on street corners, you want us to reel you back in, buddy?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    dankind said:
    Much better than usual, surprisingly, especially for this time of year. As a retired/disabled NYC fireman, the 9/11 anniversary, 20th this year 🙄, I am always going through a depression. It sometimes takes weeks, if not months to recover, any different year. But this past winter, I was fortunate enough to pair up with a fellow Deadhead, from Tahoe area, on a ski lift. He noticed a dancing bear sticker on my snowboard 😉. Took him to a few of my hidden powder stashes, which he much appreciated. Returning a favor, he mentioned he had a small amount of liquid lsd, which I acquired, my 1st(1/2 filled) vile. Micro’d during a few fishing/hiking canyon river trips & also at a few concerts, where I might have added a few extra drops 💦 😜.
    Swagger.
    dankind said:
    He is not Big Bank Hank, DK. Sheesh.