The Food Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Fish taco feast at the beach. So good. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nice work, y'all
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

For all you fans of the show “The Affair” this is where I had lunch today. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Did you get any McNulty sauce?
    I love lobstah rolls but those fries look like the best thing in that pic, to me.  Were they great?
    I love lobstah rolls but those fries look like the best thing in that pic, to me.  Were they great?
    The fries were delicious. I love a good crinkle cut. What is McNulty Sauce? It that a reference I should know?
    GlowGirl said:
    The fries were delicious. I love a good crinkle cut. What is McNulty Sauce? It that a reference I should know?
    Not a fan of The Wire?
    Jimmy McNulty is one of the main characters in both shows....his real name is Dominic West.
    Never watched The Affair but I know McNulty was one of the main characters.  His character in The Wire was the reason for the crude joke....if you knew the show it may have been funny to you.  (Or, not!  Lol)
    GlowGirl said:
    Not a fan of The Wire?
    Jimmy McNulty is one of the main characters in both shows....his real name is Dominic West.
    Never watched The Affair but I know McNulty was one of the main characters.  His character in The Wire was the reason for the crude joke....if you knew the show it may have been funny to you.  (Or, not!  Lol)
    Got it. I actually haven’t watched the Wire. But it is on my list. I remember that Dominic West was in that. In the Affair his name was Noah Solloway - so I didn’t make the connection. But that Lobster Roll place was a main setting in the Affair. They did a lot of filming there. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Is that Warren’s in kittery?

haven’t seen the show but first thing I thought of was McNulty too 

No. It is The Lobster Roll in Amagansett, NY. It is right between East Hampton and Montauk. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited August 2021
    GlowGirl said:

No. It is The Lobster Roll in Amagansett, NY. It is right between East Hampton and Montauk. 

Lunch is great but we miss Cyril's! Small place on the other side of the road not far from Lunch. We always get the puffers at Lunch.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
    Get_Right said:
    GlowGirl said:

Lunch is great but we miss Cyril's! Small place on the other side of the road not far from Lunch. We always get the puffers at Lunch.
    Is Lunch the official name of that place? It was really good, but definitely pricey.

GlowGirl said:
    Get_Right said:
    GlowGirl said:

Is Lunch the official name of that place? It was really good, but definitely pricey.

That is what we always called it, and I think the official name is the Lobster Roll Restaurant. Food has always been very good and very pricey. $10 for onion rings, yeah ok...  I have been going out there for close to 30 years, and I used to love Montauk before the Hamptons crowds discovered it. Everything out there has gotten so out of hand.

Tuna bowls
    👏
    Went to a bbq in the Jersey burbs today. Wow!! They put out a feast.

😲
    Looks amazing!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited September 2021

Bought a few Italian black summer Truffles.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Fungus Amongus
    edited September 2021

Carbonara with Guanciale and Pecorino and shaved Truffles.

Post edited by eddiec on
    Good fucking FSM!
    Bravo.
    That pasta looks killer, not sure I would pair Guanciale with truffles, funk vs. funk. I am sure it was good though!
  • eddiec said:

Wow!!!! Looks unbelievable 
    Get_Right said:
    That pasta looks killer, not sure I would pair Guanciale with truffles, funk vs. funk. I am sure it was good though!

Funny you should say that. All day I was thinking no meat, just let the truffles do their work. Then when I was picking up Pecorino from the Cheesemonger, they had some great looking Guanciale. I totally caved.

It worked out alright in the end. After I rendered the pieces, I removed most of them from the pan and left the fat to add a bit of flavor.
    eddiec said:
    Get_Right said:

Funny you should say that. All day I was thinking no meat, just let the truffles do their work. Then when I was picking up Pecorino from the Cheesemonger, they had some great looking Guanciale. I totally caved.

It worked out alright in the end. After I rendered the pieces, I removed most of them from the pan and left the fat to add a bit of flavor.

100% with you, when I see Guanciale, which is not all that often, I have to buy it. 
    eddiec said:

Hello gorgeous!!
    Apologies for the decadence, but I had a piece of leftover Truffle. Made a Comte cheese and spinach omelet for breakfast.

Ha.  That is brilliant!
    That all looks amazing. That pasta! 

For the first time in a while I felt like cooking. Pork tenderloin marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and fresh rosemary - with roasted onion and fingerling potatoes. 
    Oh yeah!