Options

*** St. Paul I Fanviews 6/26 Here ***

124»

Comments

• Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    jamestr wrote:
    Your pictures are very good, also. I think we must have been in the same section, almost the same row. I would have had more pics but that damn light was always shining right in the middle of my picture.

I know...that light was a pain! I was in section 102 row 9.
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    SmallTownSmallTown Posts: 152
    I feel the same as all of you for the most part. Although I didn't mind the long break between shows. Gave us ample time to piss, get a beer, talk with others, and comfortably get back to wait for Eddie's appearance.

The band is so tight with every song.

I can't fucking wait for the Gorge!
    10-08-00 Ice Bowl
    06-21-03 Alpine
    09-09-05 Thunder Bay
    05-17-06 Chicago
    06-26-06 St. Paul
    07-22-06 The Gorge
    07-23-06 The Gorge
    05-07-10 Noblesville
    09-03-11 PJ20
    09-04-11 PJ20
    09-21-12 Pensicola
    09-22-12 Atlanta
  • Options
    SmallTownSmallTown Posts: 152
    Oh, and I have to comment on the energy level. I can't stop bouncing/dancing during any PJ show (usually have sore calf muscles the next day). I don't jump or wiggle all over the place...too worried I will piss someone else off.

When Petty took the stage, all the energy was sucked right out of me. I don't want to disrespect him, but it's...well...sorta boring. The sing alongs are cool I guess, but I just couldn't get into it. Then Eddie comes on for Am. Girl and all that energy comes back. It's amazing what that man does to me.
    10-08-00 Ice Bowl
    06-21-03 Alpine
    09-09-05 Thunder Bay
    05-17-06 Chicago
    06-26-06 St. Paul
    07-22-06 The Gorge
    07-23-06 The Gorge
    05-07-10 Noblesville
    09-03-11 PJ20
    09-04-11 PJ20
    09-21-12 Pensicola
    09-22-12 Atlanta
  • Options
    BAM5555BAM5555 Posts: 9
    i just got back to the comp. and decided to rant a bit about the concert...
    1- drunk ed...not really cool. weird vibe when he's kinda messed up
    2- TP and his fokin wrestler showboating antics...whoa man, just, whoa
    3- TP and his shitty tech crew who totally foked up like 4 times
    4- the stoopid hillbillies sittin near me booing PJ...fuck them and their gun

all in all a good show for night one...set list was solid but too short (1hr 20mins)
    had 24th row on stones side near stage, with Petty fans closer on the floor.
    BAM
    <

Groundwork '01
    Fargo '03
    St.Paul '03
    Winnipeg '05
    St.Paul '06 x2
  • Options
    YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,840
    BAM5555 wrote:
    i just got back to the comp. and decided to rant a bit about the concert...
    1- drunk ed...not really cool. weird vibe when he's kinda messed up
    2- TP and his fokin wrestler showboating antics...whoa man, just, whoa
    3- TP and his shitty tech crew who totally foked up like 4 times
    4- the stoopid hillbillies sittin near me booing PJ...fuck them and their gun

all in all a good show for night one...set list was solid but too short (1hr 20mins)
    had 24th row on stones side near stage, with Petty fans closer on the floor.

Good review.... :rolleyes:
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    Finally getting a few minutes to relay my thoughts about the shows.

The setlist was much better than I had anticipated. Going in I really didn't know what to expect. I had figured that the band would deliver a hits heavy set considering the crowd that would likely be there. I'm so glad that I was wrong. There were the hits, don't get me wrong, but the band pulled out Sleight of Hand and Sad, which no doubt appeased most of the die hards in attendance.

This was no doubt the most "rocking" Pearl Jam show I had been to (until the next night, anyway). They didn't waste any time- it was balls to the wall pretty much from start to finish. The band came on stage to the outro of Inside Job and launched right into a heavy Last Exit. The place was going nuts, and I really thought the majority of the crowd was in to the show. Why Go was a surprise third entry on the setlist, and you can hear on the bootleg how into the song the crowd was. The DTE-GTF-I Am Mine run, staples as they are, was my favorite run of the show.

If I have to pick one reason to acquire this boot, that reason is Jeremy. I literally got chills during the song. The band nailed it, the crowd was into it, and everything came together to give me one of those special moments at a show where you just feel like you're in heaven. It is no doubt the best version I've ever heard of the song.

Sure, I was disappointed the set was short, but after it was over I really did feel like I witnessed a very unique and special Pearl Jam show. Not State College-special, but special in the sense that a show like this doesn't happen very often and that they put their all into putting on a show that everyone- from the non-fan to the die hard- could appreciate. Ed commented early on that they have a rabid group that follow them around, and I do believe they did their best to give us type of fans a show that we could be glad we paid extra money for. And I think they succeeded- I certainly don't regret it.

As for Petty's part- I dug his show. It was my first time seeing him so I was pretty excited for it. He put on a solid show, and I was on my feet the entire time. You could feel the energy level in the arena drop as soon as they played something a little slower (like Melinda), and it never really returned after that until Ed was brought back for American Girl. That's quite the credit to Pearl Jam for setting the bar so high.

All in all a great, shorter show. I am glad I went.
  • Options
    PJ was great, as always
    Petty sucked, as always
    cant stand petty
    thanks
    Nutt
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 474
    LuvPJmom wrote:
    Hey, it's the Nelson's long lost sister here...... hahahahaha!!! I was told that I was posted online here with the infamous NELSON T SHIRT guy!!!! That is an awful pic of me..still, very funny...
    So....did ya have great seats for both shows?? We ended up 15th row for the 2nd show, instead of the 20th row like the night before.. regardless, GREAT TIME!!!
    thanks for posting the pic~
    Next show- Vegas and San Diego..

Just gonna mis you... LA's next for me both nights...
    I'll be in Vegas Saturday but not in time for the show :(
    Have fun!

T.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,161
    Hi, all,
    I'm unloading my St. Paul night 1 Ames Bros. poster, signed and numbered, from my post sub if anyone wants to buy it (at cost, of course). Let me know by PM.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Ten ManTen Man TEXAS Posts: 23
    Present Tense WAS NOT played.

and for the ? you have for the second to last song of Petty's set...just call it "Crappy Chanting and Mumbling"

Hey gang,
    We flew from Dallas to MSP for both shows 6/26-27 and loved every single minute. I guess I am a little spoiled because of the length of each show (my blessed personal 9th & 10th shows), but sometimes its the quality and not the quantity (They never let up!). I was accompanied by the love of my life this time and she was in ahh for her first two ever PJ shows. Actually,the first time I had ever asked her out was immediately after the 2003 Dallas show, unfortunately she was unable to attend but we flew to Little Rock show(Big Rock that night!) to see them once again for another "Celebration of Life." Well we finally got our long awaited postphoned PJ date and we hope to see them again in 2007??? This time we will have our 10C tickets. BTW, my favorite PJ song is either the one thats playing now or the one they haven't written yet! Play on!

Thanks for all the love!
    Mike & Shannon
    Transplanted in Dallas, Tx
    TEN MAN
  • Options
    Ten ManTen Man TEXAS Posts: 23
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Hi, all,
    I'm unloading my St. Paul night 1 Ames Bros. poster, signed and numbered, from my post sub if anyone wants to buy it (at cost, of course). Let me know by PM.
    I'm very interested in your Ames Bros. Poster......Drop us a line if by chance you still heve it. Thanks

Mike & Shannon
    817-228-0708
    TEN MAN
  • Options
    asw1098asw1098 Posts: 1
    Came across some great photos from this show, really clear & crisp shots from that night.

Check them out:
    http://www.musicpix.net/index.php?module=PostWrap&page=Pearl_Jam

Peace
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    My favorite shot of the night. Mike grindin' it behind his back -

Backsolo.jpg
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    My 2nd favorite - Ed totally psyched to be onstage w/Petty for the 1st time!

Feelthelove.jpg