Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited August 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:

Just got an email....already sold out
    What sold out?
    The zippos that are not on sale yet of course!

Merch teases are getting me excited again!
  • mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:

What sold out?
    The ohana zippos  :)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    demetrios said:

Gutted
    Lol
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Where there’s a zippo shipment there’s a show!

One thought on some of the cancellations:  the bands also have to be vaxed.  Consider if some of the bands are cancelling because their own members won’t do it.  

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    demetrios said:

What sold out?
    The ohana zippos  :)
    Couldn’t see the pic for some reason. Thanks
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    demetrios said:

I really needed that bit of hope. Thank you, demetrios.
    tish said:
    demetrios said:

I really needed that bit of hope. Thank you, demetrios.
    I would recommend steering clear of his post in the 2021 rumour thread then lol. 
  • KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    bbiggs said:
    I'm not anti-mask.  Not in the slightest.  So if any of the comments above are suggesting that, please think again.  That said, yes, I would skip an OUTDOOR festival show that required me to wear a mask.  There is no proven science or logic behind it and for me personally it would take away from the experience. 

Here in Los Angeles County, just to the north of Ohana, they reported that 30% of the daily new Covid cases were to vaccinated people and for August that percentage to expected to be higher for August. That’s proven science showing that these “breakthrough” cases are far greater than the CDC wants to admit. 

As far as logic goes, there is data showing showing outdoor festivals, including Lollapalooza and that festival in Holland, resulted in hundreds of traced cases. Both of these shows required proof of vaccination or negative test. The Holland festival had over 900 cases out of 20,000 and Lollapalooza had over 200 cases. Lollapalooza was likely much higher, as that tracing likely was only on Chicago area residents and not on all the thousands who travelled to attend and potentially took home the virus.

Outdoors is certainly safer than indoors, but do you think standing shoulder to shoulder for 10 hours, breathing in what your neighbors are breathing put is safe? Just because it’s outdoors doesn’t mean it blows away before you have a chance to breathe it in.

You are vaccinated but is it worth it to you to risk getting infected? Even though you may personally be fine, you may infect others and at a minimum, if positive, you have to quarantine and miss work. In my case, if I get infected, I’m sure I will pass it on to my wife. It would mean neither of us could work and that means a lot of lost income for us. Why risk that beyond the potential health risks?

i’m vaccinated and attended the Vax Live concert in May where everyone was masked even though it was outdoors. It was no big deal. Last night I went to Guns N Roses outdoors and was in the pit. There were no health restrictions in place. I stayed at the back of the pit and wore an N95 mask the entire time. I saw a great show and the mask didn’t prevent me from enjoying myself. Instead, knowing how high the infection rate is for vaccinated people, had I not wore a mask I would have been distracted by wondering if I was safe. In the pit at least 90% were not wearing masks. 

I’ve also attended over 40 movies since March wearing a mask. It’s pretty much a non issue.

Consider the fact that this huge Delta spread isnt only the result of anti vaxxers  and anti maskers, but also over confident vaccinated people feeling they have no need to continue protecting themselves by wearing a mask.
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    edited August 2021
    I think we have covered this pretty well. Not everyone views specific risk the same. Some people will accept health risks, financial risk ect that may not be acceptable to others. Just because your vaxed and choose to wear a mask where not required doesn't make my choice to be vaxed (which I am) and not wear a mask, when not required wrong (for the record, I have ZERO problem wearing one when required, just personally don't want to for a concert, and I'm ok with missing out on that).

In regards to work, that falls into the same risk discussion. It sounds like you can't work if your infected, based on your career/employment. I work from home, and can work when sick (i've done it before), same for my wife. Again, everyone's situation and reasonings to make decisions are different. I've personally been to over 20 Braves games since April, no mask, vaxed, high fiving strangers like I did pre-covid and I am fine. 

In regards to your last statement, you're spot on. But for me, that confidence comes from being in continuous situations where no one is masked and no one is getting ill. I realize that I may have it and not be symptomatic, but thats a risk I am willing take and if someone around me gets it that refused to get the vax or wear a mask, thats on them. 

We need to stop this one sized fits all bullshit and realize that everyone will have different views and they need to be accepted. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Agree.  If people get the vaccine and are not trying to fuck other people over let them choose to do whatever they want.  Go to shows, movies, restaurants, etc, where they feel comfortable based on their own risk understanding and tolerance, or not, while following local guidelines where they do choose to go.

Seems simple.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 555
    …Lollapalooza had over 200 cases. Lollapalooza was likely much higher, as that tracing likely was only on Chicago area residents and not on all the thousands who travelled to attend and potentially took home the virus.
    Chicago Department of Public Health did work with other departments nationwide to try to track cases. Good article covering what the CDPH found.

https://abc7chicago.com/covid-lollapalooza-outbreak-super-spreader/10946665/

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited August 2021
    Ohana doesn’t seem too concerned

Let the vaccinated decide for themselves whether to attend an event or not

Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    Pixies September tour cancelled.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    so stoked to go to Ohana and the encore shows! Its so refreshing that the people in charge look at real numbers, facts and science to make decisions and not paranoid people in chat rooms! Full celebration mode!! Only concern is were to put my vaxed card. 
  • SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    DEGBTI said:
    so stoked to go to Ohana and the encore shows! Its so refreshing that the people in charge look at real numbers, facts and science to make decisions and not paranoid people in chat rooms! Full celebration mode!! Only concern is were to put my vaxed card. 
    Agreed!!! I am ready to go!!!
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 449
    Senlick said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Agreed!!! I am ready to go!!!
    Now you're workin' it! I'm rooting for the ones who are bringing their friends & family, and/or first timers, And for those who for whatever reasons in life, have waited a long time & we're finally getting to return to see Pearl Jam Live-I hope you'll get to do that-& everyone has a good time! 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    DEGBTI said:
    I hope your prediction holds up.  The chat room people are not the ones canceling tours and show right.  I think Ohana will be a go.  Outdoors.

Going to be fantastic.
  • SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    DEGBTI said:
    I hope your prediction holds up.  The chat room people are not the ones canceling tours and show right.  I think Ohana will be a go.  Outdoors.

Going to be fantastic.
    I sure hope so! I think we all need this and as along as we do it safely it will be fine. I sure know I do and plan to be safe the whole time.
    Senlick said:
    DEGBTI said:

Going to be fantastic.
    I sure hope so! I think we all need this and as along as we do it safely it will be fine. I sure know I do and plan to be safe the whole time.
    1 month countdown is on! Can't wait to see what EV and Pearl Jam play at this festival. Sad to miss the first weekend but I will do everything I can to follow it!
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    edited August 2021
    Maybe they should have let T Surt handle the fan club singles. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Slow trickle of merch I love it! 

• abaum25abaum25 Posts: 30
    Apologies in advance if its been discussed at length already....how hard is it to get a Lyft out of this festival?  Really don't want to have to drive.
  • abaum25 said:
    Apologies in advance if its been discussed at length already....how hard is it to get a Lyft out of this festival?  Really don't want to have to drive.
    I’ve only taken the shuttle but, just by eyeballing, it’s a little bit of a cluster for everyone getting out but the Uber/Lyft area seemed to be a little more bogged down in it. I remember thinking the shuttle was the better call at the time. I would suggest a pickup just outside the grounds but, admittedly, I don’t have a place in mind.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    abaum25 said:
    There's a designated Lyft/Uber pick up area....
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    abaum25 said:
    It was a disaster In 2019. Walked a half mile or so to a grassy area outside a fast food joint and gas station. Was a little faster and cheaper there. It was over 120 bucks for like 15 miles.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited August 2021
    abaum25 said:
    It was a disaster In 2019. Walked a half mile or so to a grassy area outside a fast food joint and gas station. Was a little faster and cheaper there. It was over 120 bucks for like 15 miles.
    I will be very happy if I can get a ride half a mile from the fest.  I wouldn't call that a disaster, like wrigley 2013 where there was nothing available for miles.  I am expecting to just chill for at least an hour after it ends to get a ride.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    Get_Right said:
    abaum25 said:
    I will be very happy if I can get a ride half a mile from the fest.  I wouldn't call that a disaster, like wrigley 2013 where there was nothing available for miles.  I am expecting to just chill for at least an hour after it ends to get a ride.
    Agree. I need to go 8mi back to Laguna Beach. Hoping to catch something, at some point, but I've been a bit concerned because it sounds like ride share has been thin in terms of availability recently.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • I have an extra camping spot at Doheny for Ohana weekend 1 that I am looking to trade for a Doheny camp spot for the Encore weekend. Please let me know if anyone has a spot they want to trade. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Got my UPS tracking email overnight for my tickets/wristbands.

At first I thought it was some kind of spam. Had to look hard for the FTG name.