mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wait,  I thought I was getting a Lou Gramm single!!

I got this and Idle Moments in the mail today but have not listened to them yet. How does it sound?
    Amazing.  I’m thrilled with it.
    Sweet  I'm seeing good reviews for both. Can't wait to spin them. 
    I listened to both albums yesterday.  Absolute fantastic jazz guitar, such a cool vibe!  The Midnight Blue album, blew me away! It was a great afternoon of chillin' and listening to some amazing jazz.  Along with a nice pour of Blanton's!
    Sweet. Both are great albums. Glad to hear the pressings are good and no real issues. 
    Considering there was an SRX music matters version of Midnight Blue, mastered by Kevin Gray and released last year,  I would think this is the same mastering.  The SRX goes for $300 
    Yeah I have heard it is the same mastering and it sounds really good so I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Glad I never paid close to 300 for it or any of these other Blue Note reissues. The Kind of Blue from Acoustic Sounds is the most I've spent on a jazz title and I think it was 100. We are lucky/spoiled with the tone poet and classic series these past couple of years with great quality for a relatively bargain price. Ready for Out To Lunch and Maiden Voyage next month. 
    Don't sleep on the Acoustic Sounds jazz series.  There are three Bill Evans titles coming, one in a week.  He's one of my top 5 favorite jazz artists.

The KOB is totally worth it though...
    I thought of that series as soon as I finished typing that comment. Have not gotten any of them yet but will probably spring for some soon. How about the new Mingus re-releases that are coming? I need some of his stuff on vinyl so I'll probably try to grab those too. 
    Are you sure you don't have any of that series?  There are a lot of them and yes, they are great.  I think they are a touch higher quality than the Tone Poet series.  But there are some big records out there from that series:  Coltrane - (Love Supreme, Ballads), Smokin' and the Half Note, Blues and the Abstract Truth, Getz/Gilbreto, John Lee Hooker - Serves you Right to Suffer...  these are all amazing titles and quality.  Really top notch.
    I need that John Lee Hooker.  Sold out.  Wonder how the VMP 33 is?
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

I got this and Idle Moments in the mail today but have not listened to them yet. How does it sound?
    I listened to both albums yesterday.  Absolute fantastic jazz guitar, such a cool vibe!  The Midnight Blue album, blew me away! It was a great afternoon of chillin' and listening to some amazing jazz.  Along with a nice pour of Blanton's!
    Sweet. Both are great albums. Glad to hear the pressings are good and no real issues. 
    Considering there was an SRX music matters version of Midnight Blue, mastered by Kevin Gray and released last year,  I would think this is the same mastering.  The SRX goes for $300 
    Yeah I have heard it is the same mastering and it sounds really good so I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Glad I never paid close to 300 for it or any of these other Blue Note reissues. The Kind of Blue from Acoustic Sounds is the most I've spent on a jazz title and I think it was 100. We are lucky/spoiled with the tone poet and classic series these past couple of years with great quality for a relatively bargain price. Ready for Out To Lunch and Maiden Voyage next month. 
    Don't sleep on the Acoustic Sounds jazz series.  There are three Bill Evans titles coming, one in a week.  He's one of my top 5 favorite jazz artists.

I thought of that series as soon as I finished typing that comment. Have not gotten any of them yet but will probably spring for some soon. How about the new Mingus re-releases that are coming? I need some of his stuff on vinyl so I'll probably try to grab those too. 
    Are you sure you don't have any of that series?  There are a lot of them and yes, they are great.  I think they are a touch higher quality than the Tone Poet series.  But there are some big records out there from that series:  Coltrane - (Love Supreme, Ballads), Smokin' and the Half Note, Blues and the Abstract Truth, Getz/Gilbreto, John Lee Hooker - Serves you Right to Suffer...  these are all amazing titles and quality.  Really top notch.
    I haven't heard, but I can tell you the AP one is fantastic.  If it comes back in stock, well worth the $50.  It's perfect. 
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

I haven't heard, but I can tell you the AP one is fantastic.  If it comes back in stock, well worth the $50.  It's perfect. 
    The VMP is Kevin Gray also.  May roll the dice since it’s half the cost  cogs of the AP now.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

The VMP is Kevin Gray also.  May roll the dice since it’s half the cost  cogs of the AP now.
    Yeah, looks like the same mastering.  The difference will be the AP is 45x2 and pressed at QRP vs 33 and pressed at GZ.  I'm sure it will be good so long as the actual media is good.  Sometimes I prefer 33 anyway. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Current Preorders:

PJ - No Code clear
    MMJ - Self Titled
    MMJ - Live 2015 Vol 1
    Heartless Bastards - A Beautiful Life
    Sturgill Simpson - Ballad of Dood & Juanita
    The War On Drugs - i Don't Live Here Anymore
    Ament - I Should Be Outside
    Flag Day Soundtrack
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Dont know if this vinyl backlog, shortage or whatever has hit you in the pocket in the US but the price of new vinyl here in the UK seems to be going up at an alarming rate. Yesterday it was R.E.M I thought was a bit much, today there are a couple of Paul Weller reissues £42 each, one is only a single LP.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421
    FR181798 said:
    Dont know if this vinyl backlog, shortage or whatever has hit you in the pocket in the US but the price of new vinyl here in the UK seems to be going up at an alarming rate. Yesterday it was R.E.M I thought was a bit much, today there are a couple of Paul Weller reissues £42 each, one is only a single LP.

either that or vinyl popularity/demand is pushing prices up to see what they think they can get
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    My Vault 10 magically showed up the other day!  Yee haw!  Now awaiting the Clear No Code.
    My Vault 10 magically showed up the other day!  Yee haw!  Now awaiting the Clear No Code.
    Was it presumed lost?
    mrussel1 said:
    Was it presumed lost?
    Yes.  A few weeks ago it said "delivered" and that was in June.  Well, it showed up this week...
  • RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    Preorder.

RE658041 said:
    Preorder.

Preorder for a bootleg?
    Order.
    “The Songs They Didn’t Write” 😂😂😂😂😂
    Even for a bootleg that is pretty awful 
    No, it's great.
    RE658041 said:
    No, it's great.
    I’m talking about the title. Ooooooozes cheese. 
    The pressing itself would be average at best, just like any bootleg. 
    RE658041 said:
    No, it's great.
    We're Jamming and Manifesting Morrison were other fantastic names I remember from back in the day, lol!
    RE658041 said:
    No, it's great.
    We're Jamming and Manifesting Morrison were other fantastic names I remember from back in the day, lol!
    Haha. Yup. Can see the next Pearl Jam Greatest hits boot title

Pearl Jam
    The Songs They Wrote and Lots of People Liked. 

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Been so busy with work right now, I haven't been able to contribute to this thread in FOREVER..... so that means I need to hit the record store.
  • Grants First Stand LPAlive LP

Hustlin LPOne Flight Up Blue Note Tone Poet Series LP

Blue Note 80, and Tone Poet. These releases are really stressing me out. I just bought a Drum kit, a full Bass rig, and a 600watt PA. I'm broke and have already missed out on Grant Green "Nigeria" and both Tone Poet Kenny Burrell releases. Ugh!

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,421

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• Introducing Kenny Burrell LPBlue Note Tone Poet Series

Found one!
    Introducing Kenny Burrell LPBlue Note Tone Poet Series

Found one!
    Wonderful record.  I assume this is the Tone Poet?  Love mono records. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    Introducing Kenny Burrell LPBlue Note Tone Poet Series

Found one!
    Wonderful record.  I assume this is the Tone Poet?  Love mono records. 
    Yes, Tone Poet. It's a great feeling knowing the vinyl you just paid good money for is a quality pressing.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Dig that sly. Happy fun music.