Ohana Encore Weekend

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    tish said:
    ^  Saskatchewan is now offering a 3rd dose of Pfizer or Moderna if you had mixed doses to enable people to have International recognition when travelling.

Reach out to your provincial health care provider. 
    Thanks.  I reached out to the folks at Ohana via email and they responded within 8 hours. They will accept the AZ vaccine provided the second dose was administered prior to Sept 10th.  Seems like they had no problem with the blending of mRNA and AZ vaccine judging by their response. 

Going to get the test on the 29th before we leave the next morning. Craziest part of all this is we will be out of the country past the 72 hour limit so we will need another molecular test in California. Have to get it before the concert on Friday lol. 

That will be about $700-800 CDN in COVID tests between the two of us. Have to admit it is making me consider just cutting my losses. Can’t get a refund on the festival tickets as they are only available at the event at will call so I can’t sell them to anyone at or below cost (need photo ID to collect them). Everything else is refundable. 

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,395
    I know what you mean. I rebooked a cruise (twice so far). We will need tests to enter US, then to board the cruise (because I booked 5 nights of land before sea fun and the cruise dropped a new policy), then more tests to get back home. I'm wondering what is less of a pain, shortening the trip and rebooking air/hotel, or getting the extra tests... I hope some policies change. Then again, the environment needs less travellors, so it makes sense to make it less affordable. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    tish said:
    I know what you mean. I rebooked a cruise (twice so far). We will need tests to enter US, then to board the cruise (because I booked 5 nights of land before sea fun and the cruise dropped a new policy), then more tests to get back home. I'm wondering what is less of a pain, shortening the trip and rebooking air/hotel, or getting the extra tests... I hope some policies change. Then again, the environment needs less travellors, so it makes sense to make it less affordable. 
    Fair point.  Found out Shoppers Drug Mart does rapid antigen COVID tests (acceptable for entry to the US) for $40 CDN with results in 15 min.  That will save a couple hundred bucks anyways. 
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the tip. The airport cheap antigen tests are a 120 or so...

Well you hit the jackpot in your province, lol.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    I'm going to give things til 9/1 but leaning heavily towards not attending. I hope the resale process is smooth, still haven't received my wristbands. Any word on when those might arrive? The vibe of what's going on in the world right now makes me less than excited to attend. I wanted my first post Covid show to be a celebration but I fear this will not have that feel at all. Fully vaccinated but concerned even more restrictions will be implemented between now and then. Not here to debate those restrictions, just know I don't want to participate if that's where we are headed. Anyway was just hoping someone had some experience with the resale process, either here or on the Ohana site? Like I said, gonna give things a few weeks and then make the final call. Crushed to be feeling this way but it is what it is. More important things right now like my hometown on the verge of ruins due to fire. Stay safe everyone and maybe I'll see you all in 2022. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm going to give things til 9/1 but leaning heavily towards not attending. I hope the resale process is smooth, still haven't received my wristbands. Any word on when those might arrive? The vibe of what's going on in the world right now makes me less than excited to attend. I wanted my first post Covid show to be a celebration but I fear this will not have that feel at all. Fully vaccinated but concerned even more restrictions will be implemented between now and then. Not here to debate those restrictions, just know I don't want to participate if that's where we are headed. Anyway was just hoping someone had some experience with the resale process, either here or on the Ohana site? Like I said, gonna give things a few weeks and then make the final call. Crushed to be feeling this way but it is what it is. More important things right now like my hometown on the verge of ruins due to fire. Stay safe everyone and maybe I'll see you all in 2022. 
    oh it's going to be a celebration for sure
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • I'm going to give things til 9/1 but leaning heavily towards not attending. I hope the resale process is smooth, still haven't received my wristbands. Any word on when those might arrive? The vibe of what's going on in the world right now makes me less than excited to attend. I wanted my first post Covid show to be a celebration but I fear this will not have that feel at all. Fully vaccinated but concerned even more restrictions will be implemented between now and then. Not here to debate those restrictions, just know I don't want to participate if that's where we are headed. Anyway was just hoping someone had some experience with the resale process, either here or on the Ohana site? Like I said, gonna give things a few weeks and then make the final call. Crushed to be feeling this way but it is what it is. More important things right now like my hometown on the verge of ruins due to fire. Stay safe everyone and maybe I'll see you all in 2022. 
    Cases in SoCal are declining and have been for some time. The infection rate is around 4% of everyone that is tested. LA County had 3 Covid deaths on 8/16. More people died of gunshot wounds.  http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/images/graph-positivity.png
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 594
    I had the same question about resale protocol, I'm waiting and seeing as well whether or not I should attend. My hometown is also in the line of fire thanks to the Dixie fire, solidarity hugs to you. 
    Cases in SoCal are declining and have been for some time. The infection rate is around 4% of everyone that is tested. LA County had 3 Covid deaths on 8/16. More people died of gunshot wounds.  http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/images/graph-positivity.png
    I agree, it’s not a matter of not feeling safe. It’s a matter of mask mandates and whatever other restrictions they are brewing up. Neighboring  LA county just mandated masks outside and the rest of the state generally follows their lead. Non essential travel within the state and other measures are being discussed and would be implemented today if many had their wish. I’m not interested in attending if I have to feel like a fugitive the whole time. Case counts nowhere near what they were in January and the majority of the state is vaccinated. Still doesn’t seem to matter though, the hysteria train left the station and ain’t coming back. I’m gonna follow what happens over the next two weeks and make the call then. These wildfires threatening my family and friends hasn’t exactly boosted my spirits either. Haven’t seen the sun in 3 days because of the smoke. Hopefully things are in a better place soon because I would really love to attend. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    edited August 2021
    I agree, it’s not a matter of not feeling safe. It’s a matter of mask mandates and whatever other restrictions they are brewing up. Neighboring  LA county just mandated masks outside and the rest of the state generally follows their lead. Non essential travel within the state and other measures are being discussed and would be implemented today if many had their wish. I’m not interested in attending if I have to feel like a fugitive the whole time. Case counts nowhere near what they were in January and the majority of the state is vaccinated. Still doesn’t seem to matter though, the hysteria train left the station and ain’t coming back. I’m gonna follow what happens over the next two weeks and make the call then. These wildfires threatening my family and friends hasn’t exactly boosted my spirits either. Haven’t seen the sun in 3 days because of the smoke. Hopefully things are in a better place soon because I would really love to attend. 

I hope the fires are brought under control soon.

I really, really don't think that travel restrictions or mask mandates for outside events will be put into effect, if nothing else than for the reason that Newsom is facing the recall vote, and I can imagine all kinds of vaccinated people, myself included, losing their collective s--t over another shutdown.

Delta moves quickly, and I really do think we will be looking at a very different situation 5-6 weeks from now.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

I really, really don't think that travel restrictions or mask mandates for outside events will be put into effect, if nothing else than for the reason that Newsom is facing the recall vote, and I can imagine all kinds of vaccinated people, myself included, losing their collective s--t over another shutdown.

Delta moves quickly, and I really do think we will be looking at a very different situation 5-6 weeks from now.
    I hope you are right, Los Angeles county already announced outdoor mask requirements though. Which is insane because there’s no scientific evidence showing outdoor spread is a significant form of transmission. Especially among the vaccinated. If anything they’re forcing more people, unvaccinated particularly indoors with these draconian measures. But anyway I’m not here to argue this stuff, just hoping I can muster up the mental energy to get excited about these shows again. I’ve traveled the world for this band, never imagined I’d be this apprehensive about a show in my own state. 
    ^^It's been smoky here for months. It's depressing not to see the sky or be able to breath clean air and enjoy summer. I'm not apprehensive about going to the show at all. It's been great to have something to look forward too, including seeing blue skies!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308

I hope you are right, Los Angeles county already announced outdoor mask requirements though. Which is insane because there’s no scientific evidence showing outdoor spread is a significant form of transmission. Especially among the vaccinated. If anything they’re forcing more people, unvaccinated particularly indoors with these draconian measures. But anyway I’m not here to argue this stuff, just hoping I can muster up the mental energy to get excited about these shows again. I’ve traveled the world for this band, never imagined I’d be this apprehensive about a show in my own state. 
    Wear a mask, don't wear a mask.....don't expect security to be walking around slapping people's hands if they don't have a mask up. Orange County doesn't have outdoor mask requirement, nor did Ohana. I am going to indoor show at The Forum Thursday and I'm fine with a mask if that's what it takes to see live music. Let's all stop whining....there is live music in So Cal so let's enjoy it anyway we can. 
  • I'm going to give things til 9/1 but leaning heavily towards not attending. I hope the resale process is smooth, still haven't received my wristbands. Any word on when those might arrive? The vibe of what's going on in the world right now makes me less than excited to attend. I wanted my first post Covid show to be a celebration but I fear this will not have that feel at all. Fully vaccinated but concerned even more restrictions will be implemented between now and then. Not here to debate those restrictions, just know I don't want to participate if that's where we are headed. Anyway was just hoping someone had some experience with the resale process, either here or on the Ohana site? Like I said, gonna give things a few weeks and then make the final call. Crushed to be feeling this way but it is what it is. More important things right now like my hometown on the verge of ruins due to fire. Stay safe everyone and maybe I'll see you all in 2022. 

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask.....don't expect security to be walking around slapping people's hands if they don't have a mask up. Orange County doesn't have outdoor mask requirement, nor did Ohana. I am going to indoor show at The Forum Thursday and I'm fine with a mask if that's what it takes to see live music. Let's all stop whining....there is live music in So Cal so let's enjoy it anyway we can. 
    Enjoy the Foos! Was on the rail for them last night and had a great time. 
    The Toadies just cancelled their Sept/Oct tour dates.....ugh

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited August 2021
    Pixies too.  Phoebe Bridgers is moving all her indoor shows to outdoor shows or canceling if outdoors is not an option.  Still think (hope) SHN and Ohana should be OK since outdoors.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Trend continues - cancellations get news - actual shows and new tour announcements not so much. 

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Pixies too.  Phoebe Bridgers is moving all her indoor shows to outdoor shows or canceling if outdoors is not an option.  Still think (hope) SHN and Ohana should be OK since outdoors.

yeah I just got to thinking that Toadies were indoors....we were going to see them in Nashville

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Pixies cancellation makes that 2 cancellations for Riot Fest's Sunday headliners... so while we might not see full fest cancellations as a whole, lineups will likely continue to change/shift depending on the artists.

As long as the PJ crew is safe and the fest goes on, I'll be content with whatever else the lineups become. And hey, if others drop out that means more potential time for PJ to play.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    tschav said:
    Pixies cancellation makes that 2 cancellations for Riot Fest's Sunday headliners... so while we might not see full fest cancellations as a whole, lineups will likely continue to change/shift depending on the artists.

As long as the PJ crew is safe and the fest goes on, I'll be content with whatever else the lineups become. And hey, if others drop out that means more potential time for PJ to play.
    Sunday's line-up was a dream...NIN, Devo & Pixies.....now, (Slipk)not so much!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    tschav said:

I think 2 hour, 2 hour 15min tops is what to expect each night
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    If anyone is looking for a 2 day regular GA under face value hit me up with a message. We have a pair and the couple that is going with us backed out. They are will call tickets so we will meet you at the venue Friday with them in hand. 
    ^Sorry to hear that, PJNB. I'm afraid most of my good friends can't cross the line, so I can't help ya there. This show required extra planning on the off chance we self isolate there instead of here! Can't wait to dance again!!!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    tish said:
    ^Sorry to hear that, PJNB. I'm afraid most of my good friends can't cross the line, so I can't help ya there. This show required extra planning on the off chance we self isolate there instead of here! Can't wait to dance again!!!
    Hopefully the show sells out soon and we can offload them easier!

Looks like Dana Point has banners all over the city saying Ohana Fest. Is it time to be allowed to get excited yet?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me...!!! ~ev
  • SenlickSenlick United States Posts: 80
    PJNB said:
    tish said:

Looks like Dana Point has banners all over the city saying Ohana Fest. Is it time to be allowed to get excited yet?
    I'm not letting myself get excited until we get confirmation the wristbands have shipped and the stages are being built. That is when I will purchase airfare and go crazy with excitement!!!!

Does anyone know when they typically start building the stages for SHN and Ohana?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Senlick said:
    PJNB said:
    tish said:

I'm not letting myself get excited until we get confirmation the wristbands have shipped and the stages are being built. That is when I will purchase airfare and go crazy with excitement!!!!

Does anyone know when they typically start building the stages for SHN and Ohana?
    I heard they’re waiting for you to buy your airfare:)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Senlick said:
    PJNB said:
    tish said:

I heard they’re waiting for you to buy your airfare:)
    Consider it done if that gets us confirmation these events are a go!
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    All booked!  See you fuckers on da beach!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    All booked!  See you fuckers on da beach!
    I will book airfare as soon as I get a tracking # for wristbands or someone confirms the stages are being built. Hopefully soon!!