I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    sooo...

Love that TMR globe logo slip mat. I plan on ordering it one of these days.  

was free with in store purchase...
    I figured you had to have gone to TMR based on your haul of vinyl. I want to take the tour of place, so I will probably wait until they open up for tours again before I head there. 

cass corridor was open. mask required.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    The add for this is constant on my FB feed.
    Tempting......or annoying? Or annoying because it's tempting? ;)
    Annoying.  Not my bag man.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    mickeyrat said:
    sooo...

That best of blues album is pretty amazing.  After seeing that movie about Ma Rainey I look at this album differently and wonder.
    painted shield
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    mickeyrat said:
    painted shield
    Great album.
  • jeffs new yellow disc was a solid purchase
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    ordered....

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mickeyrat said:
    ordered....

From where?  I don't see that on Newbury's site.
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    ordered....

From where?  I don't see that on Newbury's site.

discogs....... 3 left. but as with most of miles' shit there's a bunch of reissues. a few from the past 8 years or so.

listened to the record last night on apple music. real good shit. real good.

I like the fact this is mono.....

Scored me an original US pressing..

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    DC29940 said:

That Franz Ferdinand album will never get old. I need to get that one.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Wait,  I thought I was getting a Lou Gramm single!!

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:

Good Lord, what do you play that record on???  Look how big it is compared to you toes!  :open_mouth:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Good Lord, what do you play that record on???  Look how big it is compared to you toes!  :open_mouth:
    Ha! Good catch
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ha! Good catch

LOL!
    By the way, how is that album?  Seems we've talked about it here somewhere but I don't remember right off.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Another great Ornette Coleman record!  The selections on this album are from a few different recording session from 1959 to 1961 but rather than sound like a collection of outtakes, this make for one fine album!  And all these years later, these pieces are still way out in front of their time!  

Ornette Coleman – The Art Of The Improvisers

Label:
    Atlantic – SD 1572
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, 180 Gram
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ha! Good catch

LOL!
    By the way, how is that album?  Seems we've talked about it here somewhere but I don't remember right off.
    Sounds great. Blue Note 80 series. I think it just came out yesterday. Kenny is great but I love Stanley Turrentine.  They play off each other so well.
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ha! Good catch

LOL!
    Sounds great. Blue Note 80 series. I think it just came out yesterday. Kenny is great but I love Stanley Turrentine.  They play off each other so well.

Nice!

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mrussel1 said:

I got this and Idle Moments in the mail today but have not listened to them yet. How does it sound?
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

I got this and Idle Moments in the mail today but have not listened to them yet. How does it sound?
    Amazing.  I’m thrilled with it.
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sweet  I'm seeing good reviews for both. Can't wait to spin them. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

I listened to both albums yesterday.  Absolute fantastic jazz guitar, such a cool vibe!  The Midnight Blue album, blew me away! It was a great afternoon of chillin' and listening to some amazing jazz.  Along with a nice pour of Blanton's!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

I listened to both albums yesterday.  Absolute fantastic jazz guitar, such a cool vibe!  The Midnight Blue album, blew me away! It was a great afternoon of chillin' and listening to some amazing jazz.  Along with a nice pour of Blanton's!
    Sweet. Both are great albums. Glad to hear the pressings are good and no real issues. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sweet. Both are great albums. Glad to hear the pressings are good and no real issues. 
    Considering there was an SRX music matters version of Midnight Blue, mastered by Kevin Gray and released last year,  I would think this is the same mastering.  The SRX goes for $300 
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Considering there was an SRX music matters version of Midnight Blue, mastered by Kevin Gray and released last year,  I would think this is the same mastering.  The SRX goes for $300 
    Yeah I have heard it is the same mastering and it sounds really good so I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Glad I never paid close to 300 for it or any of these other Blue Note reissues. The Kind of Blue from Acoustic Sounds is the most I've spent on a jazz title and I think it was 100. We are lucky/spoiled with the tone poet and classic series these past couple of years with great quality for a relatively bargain price. Ready for Out To Lunch and Maiden Voyage next month. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah I have heard it is the same mastering and it sounds really good so I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Glad I never paid close to 300 for it or any of these other Blue Note reissues. The Kind of Blue from Acoustic Sounds is the most I've spent on a jazz title and I think it was 100. We are lucky/spoiled with the tone poet and classic series these past couple of years with great quality for a relatively bargain price. Ready for Out To Lunch and Maiden Voyage next month. 
    Don't sleep on the Acoustic Sounds jazz series.  There are three Bill Evans titles coming, one in a week.  He's one of my top 5 favorite jazz artists.

The KOB is totally worth it though...
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Don't sleep on the Acoustic Sounds jazz series.  There are three Bill Evans titles coming, one in a week.  He's one of my top 5 favorite jazz artists.

I thought of that series as soon as I finished typing that comment. Have not gotten any of them yet but will probably spring for some soon. How about the new Mingus re-releases that are coming? I need some of his stuff on vinyl so I'll probably try to grab those too. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

I thought of that series as soon as I finished typing that comment. Have not gotten any of them yet but will probably spring for some soon. How about the new Mingus re-releases that are coming? I need some of his stuff on vinyl so I'll probably try to grab those too. 
    Are you sure you don't have any of that series?  There are a lot of them and yes, they are great.  I think they are a touch higher quality than the Tone Poet series.  But there are some big records out there from that series:  Coltrane - (Love Supreme, Ballads), Smokin' and the Half Note, Blues and the Abstract Truth, Getz/Gilbreto, John Lee Hooker - Serves you Right to Suffer...  these are all amazing titles and quality.  Really top notch.
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Are you sure you don't have any of that series?  There are a lot of them and yes, they are great.  I think they are a touch higher quality than the Tone Poet series.  But there are some big records out there from that series:  Coltrane - (Love Supreme, Ballads), Smokin' and the Half Note, Blues and the Abstract Truth, Getz/Gilbreto, John Lee Hooker - Serves you Right to Suffer...  these are all amazing titles and quality.  Really top notch.
    You know what? I do have a few. I forgot they were from the series though. I have both Coletrane albums and the getz/Gilberto album. They are very good pressings. So many reissues the last few years it's hard to keep track. I was supposed to get the 45 rpm love supreme but they canceled the order a few months ago so I guess it's not going to be pressed now that this current one is out. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2