The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    pjhawks said:
    Cousins is a moron.  These anti-vaxxers would be better off just not speaking. They come off as even bigger morons by talking.

I love how he says he will do anything needed.....ummm, except what is expected.

What a fucking toolbox this guy is.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    Lol

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

PROVEN...

Hilarious
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    What?  Me posting on a football thread?  Well, OK, once in a long while I do watch a little football, but I never give it much thought, and I am by far more of a baseball guy.
    So even stranger is that I had a dream about football... during baseball season.  WTF?  The mind is a strange thing.

But anyway the dream went like this:  I'm watching a football game and it has rained so much, the field has a good two feet of water on it.  The offensive team is slowly moving the ball down field but gaining ground is tough going.  Imagine tying to run in two feet off water!  Well, eventually, they work the ball past the 50 yard line and are down to about the 40.  At this end of the field, the water is more like 3 to  3 1/2 feet deep.  On the next play, the QB hands off the ball to a running back who dives underwater and starts swimming under water toward the goal line.  The offensive players are barely able to run as fast as the running back who is swimming.  It's very strange seeing this player holding the ball and with pads and helmet and all who is swimming underwater toward the goal.  The defense is slogging, slogging closer but the running... er, swimming back swims across the goal line.  TOUCH DOWN!

So strange.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    brianlux said:
    What?  Me posting on a football thread?  Well, OK, once in a long while I do watch a little football, but I never give it much thought, and I am by far more of a baseball guy.
    So even stranger is that I had a dream about football... during baseball season.  WTF?  The mind is a strange thing.

But anyway the dream went like this:  I'm watching a football game and it has rained so much, the field has a good two feet of water on it.  The offensive team is slowly moving the ball down field but gaining ground is tough going.  Imagine tying to run in two feet off water!  Well, eventually, they work the ball past the 50 yard line and are down to about the 40.  At this end of the field, the water is more like 3 to  3 1/2 feet deep.  On the next play, the QB hands off the ball to a running back who dives underwater and starts swimming under water toward the goal line.  The offensive players are barely able to run as fast as the running back who is swimming.  It's very strange seeing this player holding the ball and with pads and helmet and all who is swimming underwater toward the goal.  The defense is slogging, slogging closer but the running... er, swimming back swims across the goal line.  TOUCH DOWN!

I had a dream a hamburger was eating ME!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:

Oh
    my
    GAWD!
    :rofl:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Tracy had a freaky Kenmare, which I think would be far worse than a running back swimming 40+ yards for a td.  
    https://youtu.be/D1m_z2B43Mw
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    John Mara sure seems like fun.  I love how he says "we're sick and tired" of the taunting.  The we being all these crusty old fuck billionaire owners.  This whole emphasis on taunting for this season is going to be a disaster.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/17/john-mara-taunting-is-a-point-of-emphasis-because-were-sick-and-tired-of-the-talking/
    John Mara sure seems like fun.  I love how he says "we're sick and tired" of the taunting.  The we being all these crusty old fuck billionaire owners.  This whole emphasis on taunting for this season is going to be a disaster.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/17/john-mara-taunting-is-a-point-of-emphasis-because-were-sick-and-tired-of-the-talking/

I hope the taunting flags don't erase first downs or touchdowns.  Totally understand that you can't pull out a cell phone from your sock, pretend to take a piss on the goalposts, or do the throat cutting gesture.  However pushing the officials to call celebrations or standing over someone you just made a big play on as penalties?  Straight dumb. 
    Hope this doesn't go the way I can imagine it going...can't imagine how much I will lose my mind the first time the 49ers make a 3rd down stop the DB talks trash on the WR he just made the play on and they flag him, giving the opponent a 1st down.  Will meltdown.  (Or any time I may place a wager on/against....)

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    A rule to keep grown men from getting their feelings hurt...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448

I hope the taunting flags don't erase first downs or touchdowns.  Totally understand that you can't pull out a cell phone from your sock, pretend to take a piss on the goalposts, or do the throat cutting gesture.  However pushing the officials to call celebrations or standing over someone you just made a big play on as penalties?  Straight dumb. 
    Hope this doesn't go the way I can imagine it going...can't imagine how much I will lose my mind the first time the 49ers make a 3rd down stop the DB talks trash on the WR he just made the play on and they flag him, giving the opponent a 1st down.  Will meltdown.  (Or any time I may place a wager on/against....)

I just want to see them to make stops on 3rd down. The biggest problem with their defense over the years has been not stopping teams on 3rd down, even 3rd and really long plays, so that drives continue. Drives me nuts!! 

I just want to see them to make stops on 3rd down. The biggest problem with their defense over the years has been not stopping teams on 3rd down, even 3rd and really long plays, so that drives continue. Drives me nuts!! 
    Hahaha.  
    Yes.
    I went to USC and love rooting for their guys when in the NFL but the draft pick at safety for Hufanga....dude is a magnet for dumb penalties.  
    If there is one player I would point at on the Niners who will draw penalties like this the most, it is the new guy.
    He is a psycho....in the mold of Troy Palamalo.  Flies around the field.  
    Dumb penalties, though. 
    Hope he learns not to bring them to the NFL with him

Hahaha.  
    Yes.
    I went to USC and love rooting for their guys when in the NFL but the draft pick at safety for Hufanga....dude is a magnet for dumb penalties.  
    If there is one player I would point at on the Niners who will draw penalties like this the most, it is the new guy.
    He is a psycho....in the mold of Troy Palamalo.  Flies around the field.  
    Dumb penalties, though. 
    Hope he learns not to bring them to the NFL with him
    A thorough butt chewing from coach DeMeco after the first one will hopefully nip it in the bud.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Not sure that that is angle driven but it looks like a heck of a left.  Certainly not the way you want one of your players to get hurt (jaw nor hand) but I'm not gonna lie - totally geeked at football being back soon .
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Not sure that that is angle driven but it looks like a heck of a left.  Certainly not the way you want one of your players to get hurt (jaw nor hand) but I'm not gonna lie - totally geeked at football being back soon .
    Who is taking the punch?

Funny ESPN had that article last week about how Brown is so healthy mentally and physically... hmm. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited August 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    Who is taking the punch?

Funny ESPN had that article last week about how Brown is so healthy mentally and physically... hmm. 
    Titans CB Chris Jackson. It was a joint practice.

Brown will never be mentally healthy. And I'm not even taking this punch into consideration. Sometimes tempers flare and this stuff happens at practice. But I followed pretty closely Brown's behavior, lawsuits, and articles about him (a DAMNING Sports Illustrated article in particular) following his trade from Pittsburgh....and the guy is a complete sociopath. One of the greatest football players ever.....but a sociopath.  
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Yeah I read a bunch of dustups happened.
    I hit someone with a left one time that left me with a ring finger on my left hand broken in two places.  Gotta be careful throwing fists, especially if you don't know how to.  (He might, I sure don't.  Lol)

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    edited August 2021
    I hit someone with a left one time that left me with a ring finger on my left hand broken in two places.  Gotta be careful throwing fists, especially if you don't know how to.  (He might, I sure don't.  Lol)

I too had a poorly executed punch break and dislocate my knuckle as a teen. I then waited 10 days or so to get it looked at and had to have it re-broken and popped back into place. The doctor also accidentally pierced through my hand when he was numbing it up. Not a highlight, glad I got that shit out of my system back then.
    FiveBelow said:

I too had a poorly executed punch break and dislocate my knuckle as a teen. I then waited 10 days or so to get it looked at and had to have it re-broken and popped back into place. The doctor also accidentally pierced through my hand when he was numbing it up. Not a highlight, glad I got that shit out of my system back then.
    Yeah I was 19.  Not my best "thinking years" although I had a shitton of fun.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

i know I often post LOL, but I legit AM actually fucking laughing out loud. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

hands down this will be a scene in the next Aquaman film. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    Who is taking the punch?

Titans CB Chris Jackson. It was a joint practice.

Brown will never be mentally healthy. And I'm not even taking this punch into consideration. Sometimes tempers flare and this stuff happens at practice. But I followed pretty closely Brown's behavior, lawsuits, and articles about him (a DAMNING Sports Illustrated article in particular) following his trade from Pittsburgh....and the guy is a complete sociopath. One of the greatest football players ever.....but a sociopath.  
    So since it was a joint practice, does that mean the league does or does not get involved on the punishment side?

At least it wasn't another Buccaneer.  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I'm not even excited for preseason 
    I miss igotid88

The first rule of a fight on the football field, leave your helmet on!

The first rule of a fight on the football field, leave your helmet on!

Dude is gonna have a sore jaw today from the way that picture looks.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Then I guess it is a good thing he didn't pull a Myles Garrett type move. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    edited August 2021
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88