The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    @Spiritual_Chaos  just had one of these and it was really really good. Used a pizza stone and put it on the grill.  Not sure if you have lidl s in your neck of the woods.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Poncier said:
    The onion half was mine...seemed like an entire onion on there.
    My favorite pizza topping.  Bacon and onion or mushrooms and onion are my go to orders.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos  just had one of these and it was really really good. Used a pizza stone and put it on the grill.  Not sure if you have lidl s in your neck of the woods.  

LIDL has some good things, can’t do all my shopping there, but for stuff like this & their bakery stuff.. it’s a home run 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Get_Right said:
    Poncier said:
    My favorite pizza topping.  Bacon and onion or mushrooms and onion are my go to orders.
    I've always been a fan of pepperoni and onion as a combo.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    Get_Right said:
    Poncier said:
    I've always been a fan of pepperoni and onion as a combo.
    Pep, mushroom and onion....can't go wrong. Love a ton of onion on there.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I thought so. I tried the beach pizza (a.k.a. tomato cookies) up this way. Not bad, but I can't imagine eating more than one piece.

Speaking of which, my eyes were bigger than my stomach for lunch: That corner slice of Detroit unfortunately has met the compost bin.

Is that what you call the trash can in your house?
    :lol:
    jk.

I almost reached for a frozen Sicilian piece for lunch today.  Denied myself...but one day this week!

Hahahaha.  Forgot all about that scene.  Watched a part of that movie when I was flipping around last week.  Too darn funny.

My wife chose it for family movie night a couple of weeks ago. Because it's perfect for an 8-year-old, right. :weary:

My favorite part is the girl scout juicing to make the tourney. 

A friend of mine asked me to be his partner for a cornhole tourney this past weekend. I showed up, drank too much, got us smoked by a 13-year-old, and made a bunch of Pepper calls for the next few hours, much to the irritation, I think, of the people there who take way too seriously a backyard activity generally done with a beer in your nonthrowing hand.

I cannot take that activity seriously.  At all. 
    Name change might help, but I doubt it.
    Sounds like you had fun!

Yeah...my wife would question that move for our kid when he is 16, never mind 8.  Not sure when I would green light it but it is PG13 so I guess somewhere around there.  I think too much violence or t&a is not good but I don't have a problem with swearing.

Pizza sexing would be OK. 
    Make sure it cools first! If you think the burn from hot pizza in your mouth is bad, I wouldn't even want to contemplate the burn you could get from that. :o
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    I thought so. I tried the beach pizza (a.k.a. tomato cookies) up this way. Not bad, but I can't imagine eating more than one piece.

Speaking of which, my eyes were bigger than my stomach for lunch: That corner slice of Detroit unfortunately has met the compost bin.

Is that what you call the trash can in your house?
    :lol:
    jk.

I almost reached for a frozen Sicilian piece for lunch today.  Denied myself...but one day this week!

Hahahaha.  Forgot all about that scene.  Watched a part of that movie when I was flipping around last week.  Too darn funny.

My wife chose it for family movie night a couple of weeks ago. Because it's perfect for an 8-year-old, right. :weary:

My favorite part is the girl scout juicing to make the tourney. 

A friend of mine asked me to be his partner for a cornhole tourney this past weekend. I showed up, drank too much, got us smoked by a 13-year-old, and made a bunch of Pepper calls for the next few hours, much to the irritation, I think, of the people there who take way too seriously a backyard activity generally done with a beer in your nonthrowing hand.

I cannot take that activity seriously.  At all. 
    Name change might help, but I doubt it.
    Sounds like you had fun!

Yeah...my wife would question that move for our kid when he is 16, never mind 8.  Not sure when I would green light it but it is PG13 so I guess somewhere around there.  I think too much violence or t&a is not good but I don't have a problem with swearing.

Pizza sexing would be OK. 
    Make sure it cools first! If you think the burn from hot pizza in your mouth is bad, I wouldn't even want to contemplate the burn you could get from that. :o

Agree!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Amazing Wood fired pizza in Vermont.   

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    They have good pizza there?
    Damn, a long ride from my family's place to Ludlow, though.  Lol.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

This weekend we rock Portland
    They have good pizza there?
    Damn, a long ride from my family's place to Ludlow, though.  Lol.
    Yeah that's a long drive for pizza!  You ever have the smuggler's notch vodka?  Saw it in the liquor store today.  Stowe was awesome! 
    Huh.  My brother worked at a resort at Smuhs for years.  Guessing the vodka is newer or he held out on me!

edited August 2021
    Huh.  My brother worked at a resort at Smuhs for years.  Guessing the vodka is newer or he held out on me!

When did your brother work there?  I think I rode Smuggs in 99,00 and maybe 03.  Great mountain.  What's your favorite ski resort in the state?  
    Probably at that time.
    I don't ski, I drink.
    They are mostly the same after a bottle of ketel.
    Probably at that time.
    I don't ski, I drink.
    They are mostly the same after a bottle of ketel.
    I love your honesty.  ;)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    dankind said:
    Detroit-style buffalo chicken pizza. 

I doubt they do buffalo chicken in detroit.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    edited September 2021
    ^ That looks like greek style minus the square cuts. EDIT: I see you are in Greece?

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Get_Right said:
    ^ That looks like greek style minus the square cuts. EDIT: I see you are in Greece?

Yeah, I'm living in Paxous island right now..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mcgruff10 said:

What, is Lidl established in the US?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited September 2021
    mcgruff10 said:

The lidl in my town opened maybe two years ago.   Great store, we love it. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    Just made one on the bbq.  It s really good bud.  @Spiritual_Chaos

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    mcgruff10 said:

There are so many Lidl’s opening here in New York

i live on Long Island, all over the place
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I’ve been doing a really bad job keeping up with this thread lately. Shame on me.

Anyway, here’s a few wood fired pies from Dogfish Head in Rehoboth, DE:

Looks good man.  I ve always wanted to go there, how you liking it?  Are you staying at the dogfish inn?
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks good man.  I ve always wanted to go there, how you liking it?  Are you staying at the dogfish inn?
    My girlfriend’s aunt owns a place there so we go from time to time and stay at her house. I actually really enjoy it. It’s on the same stretch as Ocean City MD, which is where my family has gone my whole life and I have a few places that I have to hit when we go there. So I always saw Rehoboth as kind of an Ocean City lite, only worth going to if we couldn’t afford a hotel in OC or something like that. But this time around we actually found some killer food spots and it’s starting to become more of a coin flip which place I prefer. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Someone posted this pic in a facebook community group i'm in. They called it Hackers pizza :lol:
    May be an image of pizza

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Someone posted this pic in a facebook community group i'm in. They called it Hackers pizza :lol:
    May be an image of pizza

Got to love the commitment to the end. They said, "Fuck it! I'm adding the fresh parm and basil."