The Food Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Tasty, Mike, tasty!

Yes!!!! Enjoy bud.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Tasty, Mike, tasty!

Fuckin A dude 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,707
    Tasty, Mike, tasty!

Those look amazing. Can you make mussels the same way? Those are my favorite.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    GlowGirl said:
    Tasty, Mike, tasty!

Those look amazing. Can you make mussels the same way? Those are my favorite.

I don't see why not....give it a whirl!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Smoked Pork Belly

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Please!
    edited August 2021
    Oh wow!  How long did you smoke it for?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited August 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Oh wow!  How long did you smoke it for?
    It got to 165 in about 4 hours. Ran the temps fairly high at 250-270. Wrapped it in foil with apple juice and it took another 1.5 to get to 200. 
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Speaking of smoking:  thinking about buying into the hype of a Traeger - anybody have one, or used, and have any feedback?
    Speaking of smoking:  thinking about buying into the hype of a Traeger - anybody have one, or used, and have any feedback?

One of my buddies swears by his and lives in the same city out west as another one of our college friends...and the 2nd dude swears by his home depot smoke vault much cheaper smoker model. 
    We ate back to back days and sampled food from both in a trip out there a few years back.  The cheaper smoker food was better but it could very well have been who was doing the BBQ.  I was on the cusp of buying one but never pulled the trigger. 

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

One of my buddies swears by his and lives in the same city out west as another one of our college friends...and the 2nd dude swears by his home depot smoke vault much cheaper smoker model. 
    We ate back to back days and sampled food from both in a trip out there a few years back.  The cheaper smoker food was better but it could very well have been who was doing the BBQ.  I was on the cusp of buying one but never pulled the trigger. 

Word - I'll look into it. If anything I'm looking for something better than my propane grill beater that I can do more with - it seems like it's pretty versatile in cooking any kind of food, plus the benefit of doing the low and slow smoking while it all being pretty straightforward for a dummy like myself.

City living makes this vertical setup of the Smoke Vault pretty intriguing, too. Camp Chef makes good stuff. Their line of pellet grills are actually more expensive than Traeger.
    Yeah at some point I'm going to get that.  
    Looking at a stand up desk thingy to throw an extra chunk of change at now.  Always frigging something, but the smoker is on the list.  
    My grill is on the back side if it's life but I thought it would go the last few years and it keeps hanging on.
    Ate mostly veg, will space the sirloin out over a few meals.
    So frigging good.  This time of year is so great, everything (minus the beef) from the farm down the road.

Jalapeno fucking Olives!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Those olives ain't gonna shit right for a week!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Those olives ain't gonna shit right for a week!

:lol:  
    I had more than I should have.  The 6 pack consumed while in the hot tub prior to the martinis did not improve my judgement.
    No more olives left.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Tonight’s gravy (yes gravy assholes) was derived entirely from our garden tomatoes…plus one tube of paste. Fucking delicious

chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks amazing!
    Local Vermont cheeses.  So freaking good. 

Awesome.  What kinds?
    Are you in VT?
    Awesome.  What kinds?
    Are you in VT?
    Yes sir.  Staying right near okemo in a town called ludlow.  Three kinds are shepdog (grafting village cheese), timber doodle and alpha tolman (the cellars).  All three are dynamite.  Here s the view from my deck:

Excellent, enjoy!
    Grew up in VT, gonna be back up there again on about a month.
    VT cheese is the best in the states

Excellent, enjoy!
    Grew up in VT, gonna be back up there again on about a month.
    VT cheese is the best in the states

I love it up here.  We are heading up to Stowe tomorrow to head to the top of Mt. Mansfield.   Never been up here in the summer, only about a dozen times in the winter riding on various mountains.   Where did you grow up?
    Central.  Washington is the village, not far from Montpelier.
    Mansfield is beautiful in summer.
    Enjoy the cheese!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I’m in Vermont now, too. I ate a block of Jasper Hill cave-aged cheddar on some Red Hen baguette.

Also, I finally tried Heady Topper. Excellent stuff that was the perfect accompaniment to the cheddar. 

But the old farmhouse hasn’t smelled right since the aftermath. I might have to go live with these folks. My family can only take so much

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Heady Topper, while great, is a tad overrated in my humble opinion. Tree House is the dominant craft brewer up there
    chinese-happy.jpg
    :lol:  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Feel like I’ve eaten pretty well but haven’t taken any pictures recently. That said, stuffed jalapeños 

What did you stuff with?
    Looks good!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    What did you stuff with?
    Looks good!
    Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, pepper and all. Grilled