Da' un'occhiata a 'No Code' da Pearl Jam https://amzn.to/3q4Q0XM

Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Pre order active now. $33.29 CDN

demetrios said:

You're not gonna find it cheaper then this, with free shipping. 
  • Target is also taking preorders now
    And you can still get a purple TEN 
  • JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 379
    demetrios said:

Awesome awesome awesome! 
    JBC7913 said:
    demetrios said:

Awesome awesome awesome! 

Indeed! You'll never find it cheaper at any local record store when these come out.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    edited June 2021
    No .19 top 100 cd/vinyl
    https://amzn.to/3iNNEef

I miss igotid88
    demetrios said:
    JBC7913 said:
    demetrios said:

Awesome awesome awesome! 

Indeed! You'll never find it cheaper at any local record store when these come out.

Price bumped up to $47.74 CDN now.  https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B096TL5PL9

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    Doumo arigatou.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Well, here we are in 2021 with another No Code vinyl re-issue. This is a very welcome event, because this album is much tougher to find than the band's other albums from the 1990s. That's especially the case in the vinyl format. I'm wondering how close No Code is to double-platinum status. According to Wikipedia, Yield sold 1.9 million copies by 2008, so I'm fairly certain 13 years later that Yield is way beyond double-platinum status, as in 2.2-million territory. Wikipedia also indicates that No Code sold more than 1.7 million copies by 2013. Of course, since that time, we've had Pearl Jam go on a couple big U.S. tours, and there was a very sizeable bump in sales based on the digital sales of Present Tense after the release of The Last Dance documentary. Additionally, eight years have elapsed since 2013, and the second of two vinyl re-issues of No Code will occur in about seven weeks. I guess what I'm trying to say is I believe No Code is currently situated between 1.9 and 2.0 million in sales at this time, and the double-platinum threshold may be quickly approaching. 

Well, here we are in 2021 with another No Code vinyl re-issue. This is a very welcome event, because this album is much tougher to find than the band's other albums from the 1990s. That's especially the case in the vinyl format. I'm wondering how close No Code is to double-platinum status. According to Wikipedia, Yield sold 1.9 million copies by 2008, so I'm fairly certain 13 years later that Yield is way beyond double-platinum status, as in 2.2-million territory. Wikipedia also indicates that No Code sold more than 1.7 million copies by 2013. Of course, since that time, we've had Pearl Jam go on a couple big U.S. tours, and there was a very sizeable bump in sales based on the digital sales of Present Tense after the release of The Last Dance documentary. Additionally, eight years have elapsed since 2013, and the second of two vinyl re-issues of No Code will occur in about seven weeks. I guess what I'm trying to say is I believe No Code is currently situated between 1.9 and 2.0 million in sales at this time, and the double-platinum threshold may be quickly approaching. 

Since it's mostly digital and streaming it would be hard for No Code or Yield or any Pearl Jam album other than Ten to get another certification. Normally the RIAA would have already certified both NC and Yield double platinum right about now.  Lightning Bolt was over 400k in 2014. It's still not Gold. Gigaton sold 63k total with about 5 or 6k digital or streaming. I could be wrong. But I don't think it went past 100k
    I miss igotid88
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 781
    Just hope that enough time has passed for them to be able to summon up enough energy to put together a No Code/Yield super deluxe box set. Must have been really taxing for the other two but would love to have one.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    on2legs said:
    Doumo arigatou.
    Misuta Roboto I take it?
    JT167846 said:
    Just hope that enough time has passed for them to be able to summon up enough energy to put together a No Code/Yield super deluxe box set. Must have been really taxing for the other two but would love to have one.

Would love a No Code / Yield Super Deluxe Box Set too. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    JT167846 said:

I wonder if they would.  I think the vs/vitalogy one didn't sell as well as they hoped.   Now they've already reissued no code on vinyl twice and yield once since then.   Without the demand for just the records, they'd have to try harder with No Code/Yield box.
  • I don't really pay attention to RIAA certifications as much as Soundscan, since the latter are more accurate and represent actual sales instead of shipments. Since 2016, every time I go to local stores such as FYE or Barnes and Noble, I see new copies of Pearl Jam CDs. The ones I usually see in stock during the last five years have been Ten, Vitalogy, Yield, and Riot Act. For some reason, No Code, Binaural, and the Avocado album have been relatively scarce. Anyway, both No Code and Yield will eventually be confirmed double platinum by Soundscan. It's just a matter of whether it occurs in 2022, 2027, 2032, or some other year. The same can be said with regard to Lightning Bolt's gold certification. That album had sold more than 411,000 copies by December 2014, and that was six and a half years ago. Considering the albums can be purchased digitally, in vinyl format, or CD format, it's just a matter of time before the 500,000 threshold is met. Of course, it wouldn't hurt if the band would finally lower the price for a new copy of Lightning Bolt. A lot of young Pearl Jam fans are likely discovering the band through Sirius Radio Channel 22 and buying digital copies of the band's various albums, which counts toward the band's sales. Anyway, I've been doing my part to further the album sales for the band. I hope and assume the rest of you are as well. 
  • I was just doing some "digging" on the internet. I saw that No Code sold 1.1 million copies during the last four months of 1996. Of course, it was released on August 27, 1996. Then the album sold an additional 600,000 copies from 1997 to 2013 to reach a total of more than 1.7 million copies sold in the United States as per Soundscan. By extrapolating from there, it seems as though the band would sell the remaining 300,000 copies of No Code over a dozen or so years beyond 2013. So you can see why I'm so confident the album is nearing double platinum status as per Sounscan's sales numbers. By the way, if No Code is close to the 2 million sales mark, then Yield is already way beyond it. 
  • I also believe a No Code/Yield box set would be cool. However, it seems that one of the coolest aspects of No Code is its unique packaging, which wouldn't exist in a box format. 
    Anybody getting a Sept 1 delivery date for the vinyl?
    I miss igotid88
  • My Amazon vinyl No Code album is supposed to arrive August 20th-23rd. It has yet to be shipped, but I assume it will be soon. 
    igotid88 said:

Nope. Canada & UK bumped their dates to Sept 3rd three weeks ago.

Already sold out at best buy and Target
    I miss igotid88

$30.49
    + No Import Fees Deposit & $9.95 Shipping to Canada Details
    Arrives: Sep 7 - 10

I'm guessing there's more copies of the Target Limited edition purple Ten than there is of this
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Never mind. Mine is getting delivered today
    I miss igotid88
    Looks like there aren't going to be any more
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Looks like there aren't going to be any more
    Guess indie record stores will have them