Home Recordings - post em'

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    pjpjpaul said:
    Added some bass and organ to this instrumental version of a song I've been working on forever. 

Very cool @pjpjpaul ! Will you add vocals? Drums?
    www.cluthelee.com

Set Fire To Heaven, that's my favorite track so far. Also, 11 songs at 28 minutes is so lean! Love that!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    I recorded an EP in my bedroom and bathroom during quarantine. Recorded to clicks and sent the tracks to some friends who added things here and there with their home setups.  Check it out if you’d like, I’m pretty happy considering how DIY everything was.  https://geraldburkhart.bandcamp.com/album/open-road-ep-2
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    I recorded an EP in my bedroom and bathroom during quarantine. Recorded to clicks and sent the tracks to some friends who added things here and there with their home setups.  Check it out if you’d like, I’m pretty happy considering how DIY everything was.  https://geraldburkhart.bandcamp.com/album/open-road-ep-2
    Awesome share! Love “Lucia” a lot! Can you share some about your set up? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    static111 said:
    Awesome share! Love “Lucia” a lot! Can you share some about your set up? 
    Glad you like Lucia, it’s the lyrical effort I’m most proud of at this point in my life.

I used a shure mv88 and recorded my tracks onto garageband on my iPad.  I need a simple setup because I’m an idiot when it comes to recording etc. Sent the tracks to a couple friends that have some setups that include actual DAWs and mics. As far as instruments,  Partscaster tele, J45, harmonica, Ohana concert uke, Yamaha thr10, and my voice, everything else is the contribution of various friends.
    Scio me nihil scire

• CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225

Set Fire To Heaven, that's my favorite track so far. Also, 11 songs at 28 minutes is so lean! Love that!
    Wow. Thanks so much!  I just saw these comments now. I released a 5 song EP since your post. Here’s the link:

https://open.spotify.com/album/7D1nvwjsGdZoXPWoAbJ8bc?si=fh2cSENWRCiabEvLtp2mLQ

5 songs / 12 minutes. Appreciate you listening!

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
    Love what you guys are up to! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Also asked in pedal thread. 

Questions!

Since no one ever wants to play with me, I'm looking for looping capability to make playing with myself more enjoyable. Also, I want to record. 

Would I be better off with a loop pedal or a tabletop configuration? 

And would a loop do both, or would I also then need to purchase an eight-track recorder?

Wrinkle: I don't own a computer.

Thank you.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Questions!

Since no one ever wants to play with me, I'm looking for looping capability to make playing with myself more enjoyable. Also, I want to record. 

And would a loop do both, or would I also then need to purchase an eight-track recorder?

Thank you.
    The higher end ditto looper is pretty good for this type of thing.   
    Scio me nihil scire

@dankind
    The looping pedals are fun! Are you thinking of making some songs and releasing them? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    static111 said:
    dankind said:

Questions!

Thank you.
    Thanks! I'll give that a Google.

@dankind
    The looping pedals are fun! Are you thinking of making some songs and releasing them
    Let's not get crazy! :lol: A great philosopher once said, "Our own creative nature is a small version of the creative force we owe existence to, so we can understand that force for ourselves just by doing creative acts." 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    static111 said:
    dankind said:

Questions!

Thank you.
    Thanks! I'll give that a Google.

@dankind
    The looping pedals are fun! Are you thinking of making some songs and releasing them
    Let's not get crazy! :lol: A great philosopher once said, "Our own creative nature is a small version of the creative force we owe existence to, so we can understand that force for ourselves just by doing creative acts." 
    Well, if you ever want to jam or work on something, just let me know! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    @dankind
    this is the one I was referring to.  It’s pretty fun. Basic and let’s you jam over whatever you like.

Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    @dankind
    this is the one I was referring to.  It’s pretty fun. Basic and let’s you jam over whatever you like.

Cool. I watched some YouTube videos on the Ditto+ last night. Looks like it might be what I'm looking for. I'll check out this one, too, though.

I'm also really intrigued by the Boss tabletop loop that Nandi Bushnell has been rocking lately. My thinking being that if a 10-year-old can figure it out, so can I. Only five tracks, though, and I can't figure out if it records the sessions (the Ditto+ records and stores 99 sessions) or if Nandi and her dad just record them on video.

https://youtu.be/HfmLU4sclY4

I certainly like the Ditto's price point more!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    New songs off my EP. Few more coming this summer.

www.cluthelee.com
    Writing an album this summer. Have 6-7 songs nearly finished. Looking forward to sharing with you all soon. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Nice work!  Inspiring.  I hope to follow your footstep in creating my own music.  I've been working pretty hard over the last year on the basics of musical theory and setting up a home studio to create music.  I'm still honing my skills but hope to be where you are in the next year.

I look forward to hearing your musical creations.
    Jason P said:

Nice work!  Inspiring.  I hope to follow your footstep in creating my own music.  I've been working pretty hard over the last year on the basics of musical theory and setting up a home studio to create music.  I'm still honing my skills but hope to be where you are in the next year.

I look forward to hearing your musical creations.

Thank you!! I just released my new single from the album this morning. You can listen here : )

www.cluthelee.com
    What are you all up to musically these days? Would love to hear what you're working on! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    What are you all up to musically these days? Would love to hear what you're working on! 
    I've got some stuff cookin'!  B)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    I've got some stuff cookin'!  B)
    https://giphy.com/gifs/perfectloops-chef-melons-demgpwJ6rs2DS
    www.cluthelee.com
    KM73780 said:
    Thanks for sharing! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    What's everyone working on this past month? I am starting to sketch out some ideas for album #2. I think once I get things going I'll do what I've done the last 12 years, and that's take a 1-2 days off work and hunker down and record stuff. I love doing that! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Writing for #2 has officially started. I am going to take more time on this one vs. the first one and see how it goes. I feel like there's another level in me, just need to find it and take my time in doing so. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    This is the heaviest song I've ever written. Parts sound like Zeppelin, others like Soundgarden, and others like Audioslave/Rage. 

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    This is the heaviest song I've ever written. Parts sound like Zeppelin, others like Soundgarden, and others like Audioslave/Rage. 

Dude, this sounds bad ass! Are you gonna take a crack at adding drums? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    pjpjpaul said:

Dude, this sounds bad ass! Are you gonna take a crack at adding drums? 
    Thanks. I don't play drums but I'd be down for sending a drummer some files so they can add them to the song if they wanted to.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2