I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    local tradition thats been revived after 32 yrs. Hope it continues....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    arrived yesterday...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived yesterday...

Corrosion of Conformity?
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived yesterday...

Corrosion of Conformity?

yep.

southern sludge music. like pantera but slower and without phils scream and growl....

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived yesterday...

That’s a great record!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Went down to Folsom and dropped in at this place called The Cave.  I came across this excellent early pressing of Larry Coryell's Barefoot Boy.  Not only is the vinyl an excellent upgrade, the cover is gate-fold as opposed to the single sleeve re-issued I've had.  This new copy sounds incredible.  It's such a great record anyway and to hear this upgrade is pure joy!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived yesterday...

Corrosion of Conformity?

yep.

southern sludge music. like pantera but slower and without phils scream and growl....
    I remember them from back in the day.  Clean my Wounds was a big hit for them. Sludge is a good word.  Like Mudhoney.
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    arrived yesterday...

Corrosion of Conformity?

yep.

I remember them from back in the day.  Clean my Wounds was a big hit for them. Sludge is a good word.  Like Mudhoney.

looked for deliverance on vinyl. 4 copies available. all are $500 or more.

settled for a $10 sealed cd.....

I really dig that particular lineup with pepper keenan singing.

• shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    mickeyrat said:

Sponsored by Sex toys, waterbeds, bongs and fireworks. Way to keep it classy OH! 
    edited August 2021
    mickeyrat said:

Sponsored by Sex toys, waterbeds, bongs and fireworks. Way to keep it classy OH! 

Lions Den has been good to the station. Supporting their Red White and Q fund. That supports military and first responders. proceeds from this record will go to that.

but yeah, Sex Drugs and things that go boom!!!!
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    The add for this is constant on my FB feed.
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    The add for this is constant on my FB feed.
    Tempting......or annoying? Or annoying because it's tempting? ;)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    This is the only Black Keys album I’ve ever liked.   Velvet Goldmine is one of my favorite albums of all time and I was unaware there even was a vinyl pressing…lucky me, it sounds good too!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    I’ll second that. Cost me $17 US to ship it up here…. but for an autographed version why not 👍
    have some tp show later. third man Detroit and a local shop

sooo...

and with too much time on your hands til a show, what do you do? spend more money of course....

edited August 2021
    double posted?

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mickeyrat said:
    sooo...

Love that TMR globe logo slip mat. I plan on ordering it one of these days.  
    mickeyrat said:
    sooo...

was free with in store purchase...

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    sooo...

was free with in store purchase...
    I figured you had to have gone to TMR based on your haul of vinyl. I want to take the tour of place, so I will probably wait until they open up for tours again before I head there. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited August 2021
    My break from buying vinyl lasted about 8 days. Not even sure why I bought this Carnaby St edition of Some Girls today but the compulsion to buy a record off the back of a receiving email was too much. Missed out on all of these Carnaby St editions until now, once it was in the basket I couldnt resist. 
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    FR181798 said:
    My break from buying vinyl lasted about 8 days. Not even sure why I bought this Carnaby St edition of Some Girls today but the compulsion to buy a record off the back of a receiving email was too much. Missed out on all of these Carnaby St editions until now, once it was in the basket I couldnt resist. 
    I'll be interested in hearing how these are.  My experience with the Stones older stuff is that the originals are better than the remasters.  They all seem to be tape to digital to squished to over mixed by Marcussen.  Maybe this will be different.  Let us know please..