The Golf Thread

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,707
    The senior open is on here atm. Last day will be good . Some great players in contention.  Clarke could do the open double. These older players play so well still
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Rahm now out. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Rory not wearing a hat is really throwing me off.  I know not many care about golf in the olympics, but you can't beat prime time golf...this course in Japan looks amazing.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Rory not wearing a hat is really throwing me off.  I know not many care about golf in the olympics, but you can't beat prime time golf...this course in Japan looks amazing.
    I think he does the same during the Ryder Cup for some reason. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

You don't get to show of your sponsors in the Olympics/Ryder Cup so there's no obligation to wear one.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Heading to the Palm Desert in between the two Ohana weekends.  Anyone play desert golf outside of winter?  It may be 100 degrees and the course is brown, but only paying $59 to play PGA West Stadium course at 7am.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Heading to the Palm Desert in between the two Ohana weekends.  Anyone play desert golf outside of winter?  It may be 100 degrees and the course is brown, but only paying $59 to play PGA West Stadium course at 7am.  
    Yeah.  It's not worse that Florida in my opinion.  Just drink a ton of water even if you aren't thirsty. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jumb0 said:

You don't get to show of your sponsors in the Olympics/Ryder Cup so there's no obligation to wear one.
    I read two things why.  The cynical reason why is because the gear is adidas and he's Nike, which is probably the reason.

He said it's because his head is so small and the standard hats don't fit him and that his weekly hats are custom made.
    Jumb0 said:

I read two things why.  The cynical reason why is because the gear is adidas and he's Nike, which is probably the reason.

He said it's because his head is so small and the standard hats don't fit him and that his weekly hats are custom made.
    But he's still wearing that Adidas shirt.  Either way, playing golf without a hat and/or sunglasses is psychotic.  I have headache just thinking about it...
    Jumb0 said:

But he's still wearing that Adidas shirt.  Either way, playing golf without a hat and/or sunglasses is psychotic.  I have headache just thinking about it...
    haha, well true. though I don't think he has a choice on that one.  Yeah that's nuts.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The top of my head would look like a ripened tomato by the end of the round if I attempted such nonsense. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    The outfits that golfers wear during normal events are all scripted and selected by their sponsors. They may get to decide which outfit they wear which day but Nike, Adidas etc tell them what to wear. 

In the olympics you don’t get that. They wear their countries uniform so whoever the country has the deal with is what they get. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Palm Desert has some awesome courses. The whole Coachella Valley does actually.  I’ve played there a ton and have played from March - June. May and June are hot as shit. Haven't played in late September. That course will be bright green regardless of time of year. They water like crazy. Great golf course. Enjoy. 
    What a shot by Xander on 18 to win the gold last night!  That was awesome.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,707
    That  bronze  play off was cool
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    bbiggs said:
    Palm Desert has some awesome courses. The whole Coachella Valley does actually.  I’ve played there a ton and have played from March - June. May and June are hot as shit. Haven't played in late September. That course will be bright green regardless of time of year. They water like crazy. Great golf course. Enjoy. 

Great.  I'm really excited to play some desert golf for the first time.  Hopefully I can keep it on the grass. 

Booked a trip to Bandon Dunes on 12/25 to 12/30.  The rates are significantly reduced and the weather is 39/55.  I've heard of some getting lucky with 60 degree days.  It may be some true links golf - cold, windy, raining.  Only bummer is the days are shorter and may not get two full 18's in. But a $50 replay isn't that bad for 9 holes on those courses.

Bryson is an anti-vaxxer.  Shocking.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Bryson is an anti-vaxxer.  Shocking.  
    Cost him a chance at gold,  so fuck him. 

Was there an article or statement?
    Watched the women’s Olympics last night.  I think the women’s game is more entertaining than the men’s bomb and gouge.  
    Love to see Bryson shit the bed 
    Glad to see a slow play warning take someone off their game.   Speed it up.  
    Glad to see a slow play warning take someone off their game.   Speed it up.  

That was complete bullshit.  They got the warning because Bryson needed a rules official to make a ruling 2 times on back to back holes I believe it was.  The way the tour picks and chooses how to enforce that stuff is a complete joke.  I'm 100% on board with the slow play stuff if guys are just playing super slow but when you get backed up because you need a rules official to make a ruling???  Seems a bit much.
    Look at most other sports.  Football, baseball, racing, soccer, hockey.  They all require split second decision making (or at most 3-5 seconds). Golfers complain that 45 seconds isn’t enough when the ball isn’t moving.  

Pro golfers are pampered.  Don’t feel bad for Harris at all.  Found something he needs to work on.  
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Look at most other sports.  Football, baseball, racing, soccer, hockey.  They all require split second decision making (or at most 3-5 seconds). Golfers complain that 45 seconds isn’t enough when the ball isn’t moving.  

Pro golfers are pampered.  Don’t feel bad for Harris at all.  Found something he needs to work on.  
    I think that's what makes golf so difficult....the fact that it's not reactionary. Like Kramer once said, "The ball's just sitting there, Jerry, and I can't hit it!"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

I think that's what makes golf so difficult....the fact that it's not reactionary. Like Kramer once said, "The ball's just sitting there, Jerry, and I can't hit it!"
    This is true.  Pros dedicate their lives to it and can still be inconsistent.  Still, 45 seconds is enough time for a pro (who has a caddy to help) to make a decision and hit it.  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I can't stand slow play when I'm playing either.  I could care less if you shoot a 72 or a 102. Just keep it moving!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

This is true.  Pros dedicate their lives to it and can still be inconsistent.  Still, 45 seconds is enough time for a pro (who has a caddy to help) to make a decision and hit it.  
    Well I don't disagree. I'm an outrageously fast player and cannot stand waiting around for the people in front of me, or the people I'm playing with. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The thing is it shouldn't have thrown Harris off his game.  Call them out!  They weren't going to give anyone a penalty so do what you have to do.  Have they ever aside from the kid at the Masters like a decade ago?

That said, slow play sucks
    edited August 2021
    Bump this thread back up.

Nice to see Tony Finau finally win a tournament.  Women’s Open was a good one on Sunday.  Wish we had more Sunday morning golf like the Open and the Masters a few years ago.

I am starting to watch a lot of YouTube golf channels and people playing different courses. Full on addicted.  Played 30 rounds in July.  Some people don’t look forward to retirement.  I do if I can play 30 rounds in a month again.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Nice to see Finau finally get that 2nd win.  I bet him at 12 to 1 before the final round started yesterday so had a nice little payday.  Dude was lights out on the back 9.  Guessing he just put himself on the Ryder Cup team with that performance...