The Food Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife made “nice cream” using the ingredients in the photo. Holy shit it was good!!!

Damn dude. Food Thread star of the night. Well done.
    Yum. I really need to break out my ice cream maker before the end of the summer. I have never used almond milk. I figure if I am going to make ice cream it will be heavy cream all the way. How was it with the almond milk?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Wagyu beef. First time cooking/trying this. I’ll let everyone know later!!!
    Beautiful.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    mcgruff10 said:
    Clams up!

Man, I want to grab a piece of crusty bread and drench it in that juice!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    GlowGirl said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife made “nice cream” using the ingredients in the photo. Holy shit it was good!!!

Damn dude. Food Thread star of the night. Well done.
    Yum. I really need to break out my ice cream maker before the end of the summer. I have never used almond milk. I figure if I am going to make ice cream it will be heavy cream all the way. How was it with the almond milk?
    It was delicious.  More smoothie like than legit ice cream (if that makes sense).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

This looks great.  How did it turn out?
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    mcgruff10 said:

This looks great.  How did it turn out?
    Came out delicious. I forgot to take a pic when I plated it all. Had a decent amount left over for steak and eggs this am.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Corn and tomatos from the farm about a mile away, first batch is up   grabbed some fruit as well.
    Cleaned up and ready to eat....looking forward to this!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Sesame peanut noodles. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Corn and tomatos from the farm about a mile away, first batch is up   grabbed some fruit as well.

Yooo!  Got tomatoes this weekend too!  Should have taken a picture of my lunch.  Tomato sandwich SZN!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589

Yooo!  Got tomatoes this weekend too!  Should have taken a picture of my lunch.  Tomato sandwich SZN!

Yeah, I busted out some fresh mozzarella, picked some basil leaves, grabbed a good salt and ate a tomato for lunch.  It was very good!

dankind said:
    Sesame peanut noodles. 

I love this.
    Both the noodles and the placement.  :rofl:
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,609
    Made a toasted walnut pesto today with basil from outside. My tomatoes need time to ripen.
    Loujoe said:
    Made a toasted walnut pesto today with basil from outside. My tomatoes need time to ripen.

If you stagger when you plant them will they be ready at different times?  I am sure you jar some of them but I always chuckle (and accept!) when people give me their lovely Jersey Tomatoes which they cannot keep up with when they get a shitton ready at the same time.
    True. My jarring tomatoes never worked that great. I'll just try to eat them all. Love the variety available now. Each have their own taste. So great!
    Jersey peaches too. Pretty killer now.
     May try to make salsa with my tomatoes and jar later this year.
    Loujoe said:
    Jersey peaches too. Pretty killer now.
     May try to make salsa with my tomatoes and jar later this year.
    Nice.

The corn was a slaughter.  So good. 
    Ridiculous.
    Will grab peaches next trip, they've been good this year.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

All of our tomatoes are still green, except some of the cherries....starting to get concerned!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    mcgruff10 said:
    Clams up!

Might do that this weekend as an appetizer for the pizza. How long do you put them on for and what temp?
    chinese-happy.jpg

All of our tomatoes are still green, except some of the cherries....starting to get concerned!

My in laws said their garden tomatoes are trash this year, except for the little ones as well.
    The wild tomatoes they have in another area of their yard are great. 
    Thought that was amusing.

mcgruff10 said:
    Clams up!

Might do that this weekend as an appetizer for the pizza. How long do you put them on for and what temp?

I went to a spot a few years ago where the dude just put the clams (ones he pulled from the bay that morning) right on the grill.  Had never done it and it was awesome.  Kept pulling them off, hitting with hot sauce and taking a pull from a beer.

This does look glorious, though..

Mike, spill the recipe here!
    Ok my famous clam recipe lol.  I think from memory, cup of chicken stock, cup of white wine, garlic, parsley, lemon, butter.  Put on grill minus the clams.  Let the mixture come to a boil then add the clams. 
    I keep my grill on high and check every minute or two, constantly stirring then around.  
    So from here you could go two ways, as each clam pops open you can take them out and put in a bowl then cover in aluminum foil.  Or just keep stirring them around until they are open. 
    After the majority of them open I will put a few stubborn ones directly on the grill.  Once they open I put them back in the pan with the rest of them. 
    Awesome, thanks.
    The stubborn ones reminds me of my practice of accepting clams/mussels as only partly open as fair game.  I will crank em open and chow down.
    One time I was doing this at a place with my boss and he was grossed out.  I told him I have done this my whole life and never once got food poisoning or anything like that.
    He says "fuck it, ok" and joins to pry open his barely open ones and eat.
    We were on a multiple city road trip and he griped for the next day+ as he dealt with severe gastro distress.  :lol:
    My stomach is fucking iron - nothing bothers it. 
    Sounds perfect. 

Vacation in the outer banks next week so going to eat and drink like a maniac.  Plenty of seafood for sure.
    Sounds perfect. 

Vacation in the outer banks next week so going to eat and drink like a maniac.  Plenty of seafood for sure.
    Last time we were there we had a company come in and they cooked up a crab boil.  It was delicious and worth it. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds perfect. 

Last time we were there we had a company come in and they cooked up a crab boil.  It was delicious and worth it. 
    Yeah, man.  We do catering once each time.  It's definitely worth it.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds perfect. 

Where you staying?  We were in south nags head.  
    Everyone wants something different tonight.  

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sounds perfect. 

Where you staying?  We were in south nags head.  
    Kitty hawk. We get a great place, not one of the stereotypical 20 bedroom houses, but something perfect for my side of the family right in the beach with an absolutely amazing deck. Can’t wait

Tasty, Mike, tasty!

Atta boy