Jan 6 Select Committee

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JB16057 said:
    I watched the hearing -- compelling testimony from all four officers, should be required viewing for everyone.

I heard one of the testimonies this morning. The Capitol Police and the FBI knew there was going to be a crowd coming. Have any of these officers blamed the Capitol Police, FBI or Pelosi for not being better prepared? These Capitol Police officers were thrown under the bus.

The officials knew what was coming and had been monitoring this for weeks yet when the date came, they were still unprepared. I completely understand the need to discuss the people that attacked but they should also be discussing why the leaders weren't preparing for what they knew was coming.

If we are going to have an honest discussion or committee look into this, I would hope this would be looked at because it wasn't fair what these officers were forced to go through.
    lol

this is what I mean. the GOP can say the sky is green and to GOP voters, all of a sudden they see green in the sky. 

I am starting to believe what some have said all along: the US will never recover, politically, from the presidency of Trump. 
    You’re right.  Aren’t you happy you’re not us
    i would be, lol
    yes and no; I'm happy I don't have to deal with that, but i'm more sad at what the US political atmosphere has become. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    edited July 2021
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    HRC was correct they are deplorable’s the whole movement! You can point to a grandma or grandpa or uncle who supports him they are deplorable..

Why is this hate speech allowed here?
    lol calling it like it is and after today’s testimony, the folks who stormed the capitol I’ll be calling terrorist that’s what they are Terrorist! 

Your lack of grammar is confusing. Are you calling me a terrorist?

Why is hate speech allowed here?
    Highlighting someone's lack of grammar?  (And, Jose can correct me if I am mistaken, I believe English is not his first language.)
    So hateful.  

I didn't ever get an answer. Was he calling me a terrorist? His grammar says yes.
    I also never got an answer: did you storm the capitol?
    No I did not.

Yeah, but you're sympathetic to those who did so you may as well have. 

Post edited by Kat on
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    HRC was correct they are deplorable’s the whole movement! You can point to a grandma or grandpa or uncle who supports him they are deplorable..

lol calling it like it is and after today’s testimony, the folks who stormed the capitol I’ll be calling terrorist that’s what they are Terrorist! 

Highlighting someone's lack of grammar?  (And, Jose can correct me if I am mistaken, I believe English is not his first language.)
    So hateful.  

I didn't ever get an answer. Was he calling me a terrorist? His grammar says yes.
    No I did not.

then your reading comprehension is severely compromised. he clearly stated "the folks who stormed the capitol I'll be calling terrorist". plain english. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    JB16057 said:
    I watched the hearing -- compelling testimony from all four officers, should be required viewing for everyone.

I heard one of the testimonies this morning. The Capitol Police and the FBI knew there was going to be a crowd coming. Have any of these officers blamed the Capitol Police, FBI or Pelosi for not being better prepared? These Capitol Police officers were thrown under the bus.

The officials knew what was coming and had been monitoring this for weeks yet when the date came, they were still unprepared. I completely understand the need to discuss the people that attacked but they should also be discussing why the leaders weren't preparing for what they knew was coming.

If we are going to have an honest discussion or committee look into this, I would hope this would be looked at because it wasn't fair what these officers were forced to go through.
    lol

this is what I mean. the GOP can say the sky is green and to GOP voters, all of a sudden they see green in the sky. 

I am starting to believe what some have said all along: the US will never recover, politically, from the presidency of Trump. 
    You’re right.  Aren’t you happy you’re not us
    i would be, lol
    yes and no; I'm happy I don't have to deal with that, but i'm more sad at what the US political atmosphere has become. 
    i am too. it is very difficult when you have an entire political party that is 1000% divorced from reality.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    JB16057 said:
    Where are the insurrection charges?
    We've been through this.  We explained the standard used by federal prosecutors before filing charges.  Try another line of argument. 

Also,  criminals are not a protected class under federal statutes, so the hate speech argument is super dumb. 
    bin laden did not fly the planes but he was guilty.

manson did not stab anybody but he was guilty.

donald trump did not club any police officers with a flagpole but he is guilty.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

gaetz, greene, gosar, gohmert, etc are trying to make that babbit lady a martyr. just like the 9/11 hijackers are martyrs. 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    edited July 2021
    Damn nice of you folks who have come in my defense of my poor grammar skills I admit I’m not highly educated! But I did state the folks who stormed the capitol I’ll be calling them terrorist! Officer Dunn used that term to describe the mob today he stated that over & over and I agree with him. Hodges was the policeman who kept calling them terrorist.
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    Yeah the GOP response to today is amazing....starting with blaming it on Pelosi.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Damn nice of you folks who have come in my defense of my poor grammar skills I admit I’m not highly educated! But I did state the folks who stormed the capitol I’ll be calling them terrorist! Officer Dunn used that term to describe the mob today he stated that over & over and I agree with him. Hodges was the policeman who kept calling them terrorist.

Fuck calling you out on that, it is childish bullshit.  This is why I posted those ridiculous Trump attack quotes -- they seem very similar.   
    Many of us post from our phones and I am lucky if half of the words are what I intend for them to be. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390

Fuck calling you out on that, it is childish bullshit.  This is why I posted those ridiculous Trump attack quotes -- they seem very similar.   
    Many of us post from our phones and I am lucky if half of the words are what I intend for them to be. 

+1 and time after time don’t they just love proving our point 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

lol

We won't recover anytime soon.
    These jackasses, that being the people who voted for him and still support him, are the very reason we are in the situation we are in.

They support an insurrection and are against science, common sense, and the rule of law.
    They deserve what is coming to them.

They support an insurrection yet no one has been charged with insurrection......
    So please tell us what you saw that day? What would you call it ? 

It was a riot. Why do you call it an insurrection?

we've been over this already. Incredibly high bar to get over legally.

how many prosecutors are you aware that will bring charges they arent sure will lead to a guily verdict or pleading?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

So hateful.  

he clearly said those who stormed the capitol that day are terrorists.
    YOUR response suggests you were present during this attempt to prevent the constitutional process of certifying our federal election.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

So hateful.  

YOUR response suggests you were present during this attempt to prevent the constitutional process of certifying our federal election.
    and the plot thickens…..
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

So hateful.  

And that would certainly explain the dedication 
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

So hateful.  

subsequent post said they were not.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

So hateful.  

subsequent post said they were not.
    I’m confused….whose they and I don’t see a subsequent post 
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

first: his native tongue is not english. 
    second: did you storm the capitol?
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

So hateful.  

No I did not.

these two quotes is what Mickey is referring to. from page 3. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

thanks HFD. was trying to do that....

Thank you thank you thank you now I get it 
    should have waited to start my party 
     Republicans voice opposition to Jan. 6 investigation as police officers call for accountability
    By Jacqueline Alemany, Marianna Sotomayor and John Wagner

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/january-6-republicans-trump/2021/07/27/79a29e38-eef4-11eb-bf80-e3877d9c5f06_story.html

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    https://twitter.com/theswprincess/status/1420082790234824704?s=21
    Ok so let’s not call them insurrectionist but terrorist will do just fine! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383

You either side with the terrorists who tried to overturn the election or you don't, there really isn't any middle ground here. 
     The false GOP claim that Pelosi turned down National Guard before Jan. 6 attack
    By Salvador Rizzo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/28/false-gop-claim-that-pelosi-turned-down-national-guard-before-jan-6-attack/

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

You either side with the terrorists who tried to overturn the election or you don't, there really isn't any middle ground here. 
    This is accurate.
    Just like either you believe it happened or you're so lost in the lies and conspiracy theories that you can't possibly understand the truth.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    You would think that having a few republicans on the panel would make some of the tRumpsters think....instead they attack the repubs as "rhinos" and puppets of Pelosi.  We shouldn't be surprised.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218

Also Rick Wilson: "A coup attempt that goes unpunished is a training exercise."

I've been struck over the last 24 hours by a sudden, dramatic shift in news channels' stance toward censoring language.

I watched the hearing in its entirety yesterday morning, so I heard Officer Dunn's testimony about the racist language he and other Black officers encountered live. The language was jarring. But I was surprised to hear the testimony rebroadcast, uncensored, repeatedly, later in the day.

During his testimony yesterday, Officer Fanone received a voicemail message also filled with threats and foul language. He shared it with CNN, where it was aired, again, unedited. So America got to hear "fucking faggot scumbag" repeated over and over while having its morning coffee. (Officer Fanone's harasser is a man of very limited vocabulary.)

I have to think that there was some sort of behind-the-scenes discussion wherein networks decided to air things as-is. Well, I'd be interested in knowing what decision was made, and how.

At any rate, I think it was the right move. A bunch of bleeped words makes much less of an impact than the actual words do, and it's past time that we all did a collective double-take over our breakfasts. Bleeping the words leaves room to look away and pretend that "that didn't just happen." Broadcasting what actually was said and done removes that option (for most of us, at least). 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

I've been struck over the last 24 hours by a sudden, dramatic shift in news channels' stance toward censoring language.

I watched the hearing in its entirety yesterday morning, so I heard Officer Dunn's testimony about the racist language he and other Black officers encountered live. The language was jarring. But I was surprised to hear the testimony rebroadcast, uncensored, repeatedly, later in the day.

During his testimony yesterday, Officer Fanone received a voicemail message also filled with threats and foul language. He shared it with CNN, where it was aired, again, unedited. So America got to hear "fucking faggot scumbag" repeated over and over while having its morning coffee. (Officer Fanone's harasser is a man of very limited vocabulary.)

I have to think that there was some sort of behind-the-scenes discussion wherein networks decided to air things as-is. Well, I'd be interested in knowing what decision was made, and how.

At any rate, I think it was the right move. A bunch of bleeped words makes much less of an impact than the actual words do, and it's past time that we all did a collective double-take over our breakfasts. Bleeping the words leaves room to look away and pretend that "that didn't just happen." Broadcasting what actually was said and done removes that option (for most of us, at least). 
    To the bolded, I absolutely agree that they need to air the uncensored actions and language of what happened that day. It has been mentioned before in the gun thread, but until people are forced to see and hear the realities of these atrocities, they will discount and ignore it. Yes, people will still try and defend it, but the unedited footage will make them look like a complete jackass.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:

To the bolded, I absolutely agree that they need to air the uncensored actions and language of what happened that day. It has been mentioned before in the gun thread, but until people are forced to see and hear the realities of these atrocities, they will discount and ignore it. Yes, people will still try and defend it, but the unedited footage will make them look like a complete jackass.
    and this is precisely why the R's are flipping the narrative onto it being Pelosi's fault. they are quietly acknowledging the horrors of that day, only to put the blame on her and D's instead of those who perpetrated the act. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD