Options

The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Nice you can feed them some miracle grow organic plant food for growing stage and PH controlled water it really makes a huge difference, but you can also leave it and continue doing what your doing, if it’s your 1st grow nice plant 
    My first grow! Thanks for the info. I’ll update with pics. I’m excited! 
    Lots of first grows happening..are those planted directly into ground?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Nice you can feed them some miracle grow organic plant food for growing stage and PH controlled water it really makes a huge difference, but you can also leave it and continue doing what your doing, if it’s your 1st grow nice plant 
    My first grow! Thanks for the info. I’ll update with pics. I’m excited! 
    Lots of first grows happening..are those planted directly into ground?
    I germinated the seeds then had them in a small pot. Once the plant was about 1’ , I put it in the ground. 
  • Options
    I gotcha...look good
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GnR bong, anyone?

I may or may not need to purchase this.

Actually, I do need to purchase this.

• Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,401
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    These are 5 that are doing pretty good considering the heat & humidity levels being insane, ph controlled h2o and good nutrients keep them in good shape I have 1 other in different spot too..
    Any recommendations for nutrients? I honestly just planted a few seeds about 1 month ago and it’s about 3ft already! Haven’t done anything at all really beside make sure it gets water and sun.

No expert but Im using fox farm trio and some good old Cal-mag..
    Thanks! 
    Not an expert either but I use General hydroponics flora trio and cal mag which are good too.  Nebula Hazes (grow weed easy) nutrient instructions keep my tap water in perfect ph range 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    These are 5 that are doing pretty good considering the heat & humidity levels being insane, ph controlled h2o and good nutrients keep them in good shape I have 1 other in different spot too..
    Any recommendations for nutrients? I honestly just planted a few seeds about 1 month ago and it’s about 3ft already! Haven’t done anything at all really beside make sure it gets water and sun.

No expert but Im using fox farm trio and some good old Cal-mag..
    Thanks! 
    Not an expert either but I use General hydroponics flora trio and cal mag which are good too.  Nebula Hazes (grow weed easy) nutrient instructions keep my tap water in perfect ph range 

I just started PHing my tap water..been using distilled
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    I was not prepared to have these grow so tall..lesson learned..bigger tent and more low stress training next batch
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    I was not prepared to have these grow so tall..lesson learned..bigger tent and more low stress training next batch
    Yeah from all that I’ve seen indoor plants should be topped of early so it grows flatter like a table, I train mine my tying the main branch down early..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Is the building " No smoking" ?  Didnt puff anything last few shows..do they have designated areas so you can get it in the building?. If so you should be fine with all the vapes these days
    this one is outdoor....probably still no smoking but they usually have smoking zones.  I'm thinking the same.  If fairly discreet they likely won't look too close.  Especially since I look like an accountant.
    If you’re taking a female with you then have her put it in her underwire bra….if not they probably won’t care/notice however I’ve tried taking paper joints in with pack cigs and hid it well….sometimes they check and sometimes they don’t so under the bra is always the best 
    A few years ago I was going into Deer Creek outdoor amp in Noblesville and the security lady opened the cigarette pack of the guy in front of me.  I thought that was kind of odd.

I'm paranoid that they will pick it up and smell it or something
    Follow up....so I just put the vape in the tray with my wallet and phone and they didn't even touch it....went right through
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Is the building " No smoking" ?  Didnt puff anything last few shows..do they have designated areas so you can get it in the building?. If so you should be fine with all the vapes these days
    this one is outdoor....probably still no smoking but they usually have smoking zones.  I'm thinking the same.  If fairly discreet they likely won't look too close.  Especially since I look like an accountant.
    If you’re taking a female with you then have her put it in her underwire bra….if not they probably won’t care/notice however I’ve tried taking paper joints in with pack cigs and hid it well….sometimes they check and sometimes they don’t so under the bra is always the best 
    A few years ago I was going into Deer Creek outdoor amp in Noblesville and the security lady opened the cigarette pack of the guy in front of me.  I thought that was kind of odd.

Follow up....so I just put the vape in the tray with my wallet and phone and they didn't even touch it....went right through
    Yay!  I think in today’s day and age the least thing to worry about is whether we’re all walking around high jamming up the food lines!!!! Hope you had a great time! 
  • Options

Yay!  I think in today’s day and age the least thing to worry about is whether we’re all walking around high jamming up the food lines!!!! Hope you had a great time! 
    oh we did...the Black Crowes were awesome. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488

I am going the see the Black Crowes this Saturday! First concert in a long time.
  • Options

I am going the see the Black Crowes this Saturday! First concert in a long time.
    They were great....basically the same setlist each night but well worth seeing.  We are catching them again Sunday.

• Options

They were great....basically the same setlist each night but well worth seeing.  We are catching them again Sunday.
    How was Dirty Honey? I am just as interested in seeing them as the Crowes.
  • Options

they were great...very impressive.  They covered Aerosmith's "Last Child" and ripped it up

• Options

they were great...very impressive.  They covered Aerosmith's "Last Child" and ripped it up
    I am looking forward to seeing them. I have both their EP and debut record and they both get a good amount of time on my turntable.
  • Options

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

Nice have you tried defoliation techniques? 
  • Options

I've heard that it really stresses autos after they are in flower..I have been tucking leaves and cleaning the bottom third
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options

I've heard that it really stresses autos after they are in flower..I have been tucking leaves and cleaning the bottom third
    Oh ok yeah auto grow I’ll try some auto grow seeds next year outdoor, looks good though 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Coming along nicely
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Those do look good..question..I have 3 plants that seem to be doing well..One of them now is not drinking water like the other 2. Leaves look good and no wilting...whats the deal ? l..no way its 3 weeks ahead of the other 2 and ready to be harvested..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Those do look good..question..I have 3 plants that seem to be doing well..One of them now is not drinking water like the other 2. Leaves look good and no wilting...whats the deal ? l..no way its 3 weeks ahead of the other 2 and ready to be harvested..
    First your girls look very happy and healthy!  Great for a first grow!  Sounds like you already know they quit drinking when they’re ready to pull/harvest and you know it’s not time (too early) for that.  Could be pot is full of roots or your nutrients are off.  I use fabric pots to prevent roots becoming bound.  How bout feeding-do you alternate between water with nutrients and then just ph’d water?  Any roots coming out the bottom of your pot?  It’s crazy how one thing wrong can result from so many different reasons and it’s not easy to figure out.  Check your roots first.  What’s your pot size, you’re using soil right?  I use coco to prevent some of the problems that come with soil….
    Keep me posted 
  • Options
    Thanks for response. Where to begin. I am using 5 gallon fabric pots.No roots showing through. I water 2-3 times a week and feed once. I
     saw that a 5 gal pot should take just under a gallon per watering/feeding.I use about a third of that and water every other day when top looks dry.and have a cheap gauge to put in soil. Zero runoff. Same schedule for weeks and they always drain about the same.Last 2 times I have watered til runoff from bottom..water is between 6.2 and 6.5,,have used quite a bit of distilled also. they drained fine first time and I went an extra day before watering. Using gauge and just lifting pot to see if heavy. This last watering I did same and plant 3 is still pretty moist..Been 3 days today... I did screw up on a feeding and mixed into 3 gallons of water instead of one so the nutes were light..Leaves look good though and no deficiency signs..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    I have good air circulation in the tent also,,steady 70-75 F and 40-50 % humidity
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    I have good air circulation in the tent also,,steady 70-75 F and 40-50 % humidity
    Sounds like you’re doing everything perfectly.  Do you move the plants around in the tent?  Maybe that one just not getting the same amount of air on the plant as the others? And even though they’re the same strain plants will act differently. Whatever you do don’t panic.  You’ve got great sugar on your leaves and I said already they look super happy.  Just let her dry out another day or so. I sometimes take a unsharpened pencil and put some air holes in the soil going pretty far down, not real close to her trunk-this may help. It sucks them not being on the same water schedules but it happens.  I promise you they look great….move her around get her some air holes and I’ll keep checking here for update.  Just don’t water till she’s dry.  
  • Options
    Forgot-what’s your perlite to soil ratio and that’s a downfall of soil.  Produces the best smoke taste wise but coco never stays wet 
  • Options
    Get her up off the ground a bit also so air circulates underneath them.  
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Sounds like you’re doing everything perfectly.  Do you move the plants around in the tent?  Maybe that one just not getting the same amount of air on the plant as the others? And even though they’re the same strain plants will act differently. Whatever you do don’t panic.  You’ve got great sugar on your leaves and I said already they look super happy.  Just let her dry out another day or so. I sometimes take a unsharpened pencil and put some air holes in the soil going pretty far down, not real close to her trunk-this may help. It sucks them not being on the same water schedules but it happens.  I promise you they look great….move her around get her some air holes and I’ll keep checking here for update.  Just don’t water till she’s dry.  

Thanks..Yeah...every video I watch or article read says "Don't Panic"..lol..They get rotated but not so much moved and that is the one that gets blocked a bit...bigger tent is on my list..there are three in a 27 x 27 x 62 and I leave the thing open..room for a floor fan in tent thats in there now blowing on the pots..One above the plants and a oscilating tower fan just outside to keep air flow.
    Post edited by wndowpayne on
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016