I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Loujoe said:
    Often read this thread jealous of all the bargain finds and wishing I had something fun to contribute (and brag about a little!) and today was that day. Walked into a tiny charity shop here in Scotland and noticed Nevermind sitting on a pile of records. Assumed it was the repress, but turns out it was the original 1991 pressing in amazing condition, and underneath it was Out of Time, Zooropa, Achtung Baby (all og 90s versions) and Comes a Time. All for the sum total of £16! While I was paying for those 5 the woman said she had one more out back that she couldn't put out (because naked ladies), hands me Electric Ladyland and asks for £2! My mouth almost hit the floor. Thanks lady, and thanks old guy giving away all of his daughters old records. Enjoying my listening tonight for sure

Where e x a c t l y in Scotland?

Joke. Don't tell. That is great!! Congrats.
    Ha! I'll never tell :)  Honestly the most unassuming little charity shop in the middle of a random part of the city, hence the prices. They probably never get anything like this ever, all the other music was the usual garbage you wouldn't even pay bargain bin prices for. Wild.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Though not determined to be a completest, I did add yet another Albert Ayler to the collection of his LPs, this one my 16th.  This is by far Ayler's least avante garde record yet, to me anyway, it is one of the most unusual by a very unusual artist. Albert is joined by Call Cobbs, Henry Grimes, and Sunny Murray on this collection of standards and spirituals.
    Swing Low Sweet Spiritual Vinyl LP Album album cover

Albert Ayler ‎– Swing Low Sweet Spiritual

Label:
    Osmosis Records ‎– 4001
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:
    Genre:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    brianlux said:
    Though not determined to be a completest, I did add yet another Albert Ayler to the collection of his LPs, this one my 16th.  This is by far Ayler's least avante garde record yet, to me anyway, it is one of the most unusual by a very unusual artist. Albert is joined by Call Cobbs, Henry Grimes, and Sunny Murray on this collection of standards and spirituals.

Label:
    Osmosis Records ‎– 4001
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:
    Genre:

I don't think I've ever heard a recorded version of swing low on vinyl.  I'm interested and off to youtube.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    He also does Nobody Knows.  Now I have to find this.

I can't get past how much Swing Low sounds like Amazing Grace.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Looking forward to receiving my copy of Go! today. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    pjpjpaul said:
    I'm pretty sure I ordered this too... need to check. 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    pjpjpaul said:
    I have the 75th, mastered by Bernie.  I'm going to get the KG one.  I found the 75 good, but underwhelming.  That whole series got a ton of criticism. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    This sounds pretty damn cool!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Signed by Charlie Sexton, Black Angels, and Eve Monsees, along with album producer Bill Bentley and album co-producer and Light in the Attic founder/co-owner (and Austin resident) Matt Sullivan.

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    brianlux said:

Label:
    Osmosis Records ‎– 4001
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:
    Genre:

I don't think I've ever heard a recorded version of swing low on vinyl.  I'm interested and off to youtube.

It's a sweet number!  Have to say though, this entire album has a sad and sometimes somber feel to it- maybe not one to listen to when feeling down.  Or maybe just the thing?  Not sure yet.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I keep saying I HAVE to cut down on my record buying expenses... but then a new Juliana Hatfield comes out.  Whadda ya gonna do?!

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    GlowGirl said:

Love Murmur! Just listened to it a couple of hours ago. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448

mickeyrat said:

All good luck ups.  I think the Sunday at the Village is my favorite,  as it was the last one before Scott Lafaro died.  
    edited July 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

All good luck ups.  I think the Sunday at the Village is my favorite,  as it was the last one before Scott Lafaro died.  

Our wedding night, in the fall of 2004, sitting with my wife having a drink in the lounge at Benbow Inn,  Mendocino County, California, Sunday at the Village playing in the back ground.  It just doesn't get any better.  :smile:

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601

Hey now!  I have that bb reissue (thanks to blux talking about it). It is the best. So glad bb released these as the band intended. Rock for light is up for preorder too. Can't wait to hear that. There is some great live stuff on youtube to get lost in.  Enjoy
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Our wedding night, in the fall of 2004, sitting with my wife having a drink in the lounge at Benbow Inn,  Mendocino County, California, Sunday at the Village playing in the back ground.  It just doesn't get any better.  :smile:
    That's a nice memory Brian.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

for my part I really should go to my usual. this guy is overpriced on some in my opinion. definitely on his used stuff.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Got a copy of The Animals Animalism today.  The cover is pretty rough but the grooves are good and the music is awesome.  Raw, real, Animals! Eric Burdon is so amazing!
    (Discogs photo here, mine is rougher)
    Animalism Vinyl LP Album Mono album cover

The Animals ‎– Animalism

Label:
    MGM Records ‎– E-4414, MGM Records ‎– E4414
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono, MGM Press
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

out for delivery....

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    So stoked to finally get this.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mickeyrat said:
    out for delivery....

Reissue?  I've always found the original pressing on vinyl to be too costly. 

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    out for delivery....

yes. bought from a guy in monterrey..... recordmule. really good folks

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    out for delivery....

Reissue is great.  Totally worth it.