The National Football League

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    "Lift Every Voice And Sing" the Black National Anthem is coming back to the NFL
    Not something I care about because I don't go to the games and just turn on TV when the game starts.   That being said, is there anything the NFL wouldn't exploit for their own gain?  
    Absolutely nothing from what I have been able to observe.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Perhaps the Pit of Unhappiness, AKA A Moving Train needs a separate NFL thread and we can keep this one for discussing football.  Unless the NFL decides it wants to be a political sports organization.  Personally, I’m done with politics.  It’s a fool’s errand to get engrossed in politics when only 10% of Americans approved of politicians across the board … and that was years before we were socially divided by social media.

The biggest change for me is that I can no longer tolerate the constant commercials and advertising in sports … having a year off made me realize how much time is spent and wasted watching commercials.  And time is really the most important commodity we have.  More than money, for sure.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    Not something I care about because I don't go to the games and just turn on TV when the game starts.   That being said, is there anything the NFL wouldn't exploit for their own gain?  
    I think this is a player driven initiative.  The owners would love to stay out of this, but the players are all in. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Cue the "I am never watching them again" reactions.
    Just drop the anthems all together if it makes so many people upset.
    I’ve been saying drop the anthem at all events…it’s just a fucking song, hymn or whatever…and it a dumb song…all it is meant to do is indoctrinate and create patriotism…
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    I think this is a player driven initiative.  The owners would love to stay out of this, but the players are all in. 
    That won't stop the league from trying to find a way to monetize it or use to try to make themselves look better.
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    That won't stop the league from trying to find a way to monetize it or use to try to make themselves look better.
    Well  yeah... lemons, lemonade, etc. In general, they definitely want no part of culture issues.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I'm sure if there was a button the nfl could press that would do away with the whole national anthem thing without angering the cletuses,  they would have smashed it on ago
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    MayDay10 said:
    I'm sure if there was a button the nfl could press that would do away with the whole national anthem thing without angering the cletuses,  they would have smashed it on ago
    Agree.  Not worth the money they took to highlight the anthem in the first place.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    MayDay10 said:
    Agree.  Not worth the money they took to highlight the anthem in the first place.
    They got flack for that too and returned the money.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    MayDay10 said:

no. paid to highlight local service members. then let it be infered it was done as a team driven thing.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Like the new rule for teams whose players are not vaccinated. Teams will have to forfeit and both teams will not get paid if the game can't be made up
    I miss igotid88
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    igotid88 said:
    Like the new rule for teams whose players are not vaccinated. Teams will have to forfeit and both teams will not get paid if the game can't be made up
    I think it's terrible. Why should the other team not get paid if the team they're playing has an outbreak. And can't vaccinated players spread the virus too? The entire Yankees team is vaccinated and they've had some outbreaks. So how are you going to determine if it was actually an unvaccinated player that spread it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Forcing the players to get the shots without forcing the players to get the shots.
    Interesting.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    igotid88 said:
    I think it's terrible. Why should the other team not get paid if the team they're playing has an outbreak. And can't vaccinated players spread the virus too? The entire Yankees team is vaccinated and they've had some outbreaks. So how are you going to determine if it was actually an unvaccinated player that spread it. 
    I'm not sure where I stand on this yet.  I get your point and kind of agree. Why should the other team not get paid. But I also like that it is another chip to force the players to get vaccinated.  I'm surprised the NFLPA is not strong enough to fight this.
    DeAndre Hopkins is anti vaxxer & doesn't want to hurt his team.
    Can Kyler retire also?

How about the Hawks...do they have a few key guys that will sit out?
    :lol:.   

Rams?

One 49ets fan can hope!

igotid88 said:
    If they're vaccinated there won't be a cancelation. Players who are vaccinated that pass 3? covid tests can play. Players want to get paid. So if someone on your team is preventing you from that. It might help convince others. Not all the Yankees players are. I think 85% or so are. Same for most MLB teams. They had to cancel the Yankee game so the people who are not vaccinated don't get it. If everyone was vaccinated there wouldn't be much worry.  As you might still get covid but you won't be hospitalized. Which was the problem last season. Otherwise the Yankees would have had to be quarantined for 2 weeks
    I miss igotid88
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I love this idea but don't know if it will hold up in court...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Wobbie said:
    I love this idea but don't know if it will hold up in court...
    The NFL is a private entity, this isn't a government agency. This won't be contested in court.

This weekend we rock Portland
    edited July 2021

Ugh
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88

Good thing he can play football.  
    What a fucking idiot.

First Beasley and now him. What is going on up in Buffalo?
    edited July 2021

He did go to "The U" so we should probably cut him some slack.
    :lol: 

What a fucking fool he is.  The hashtag is the best/worst part of that tweet.  How fucking dumb does one have to be to blame Fauci for people's deaths? 
    I am sure there is at least one idiot on this board who shared this tweet with lots of his fellow idiots and thought it was great.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

What a fucking fool he is.  The hashtag is the best/worst part of that tweet.  How fucking dumb does one have to be to blame Fauci for people's deaths? 
    I am sure there is at least one idiot on this board who shared this tweet with lots of his fellow idiots and thought it was great.

He is right, someone's lies helped to cause additional deaths, but he just misspelled Trump. 

He is right, someone's lies helped to cause additional deaths, but he just misspelled Trump. 

Ha.  I like that
    Wild!

Wild!

Good.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Cousins is a moron.  These anti-vaxxers would be better off just not speaking. They come off as even bigger morons by talking.